MVP 08

chuckarc

the gameplay of mvp 08 should have been like the gameplay of mvp 07...the motion of the ball is bad and the zoom camera is acting strange... and the picthcing is realy hard... u have to be really careful not to pitch bad pitches or the opponent will hit hone tun easily... all other features are great... the ballparks are awesome the uniforms are fantastic but in future the mvp 09 should be like 07 with the same gameplay... anyway until 09 comes 08 will have to do... :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the gameplay of mvp 08 should have been like the gameplay of mvp 07...the motion of the ball is bad and the zoom camera is acting strange... and the picthcing is realy hard... u have to be really careful not to pitch bad pitches or the opponent will hit hone tun easily... all other features are great... the ballparks are awesome the uniforms are fantastic but in future the mvp 09 should be like 07 with the same gameplay... anyway until 09 comes 08 will have to do... :)

If you don't like the default gameplay of the 08 mod, you can change it thru a number of means to suit you. You can adjust sliders, download a different datafile/camera, install an easier pitch meter, etc.... That's the beauty of the game... it can be customized.

Datafiles/Cameras: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?autocom=d...&showcat=30

Sliders Thread: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic...Official+Sliers

Easier Pitch Meter(eamods.com): http://www.eamods.com/index.php/View-detai...for-MVP-08.html

Good luck and enjoy.

thanks i will look into it... :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, hope all is well.

Quick question for you. I have MVP 07, and I'm trying to upgrade to MVP 08 from EAMods.com. Unfortunately, I don't have the CDs, since I play MVP on 3 different computers (you read that right - I'm also away on residence, and didn't think to backup my CDs), so I'm using images instead. I only have CD 2, and for the life of me, I can't 08 going.

It's downloaded with the latest version of TiT, but it keeps asking for CD 1, which I don't have. When I upgraded from MVP 2005 to 07, I had the same problem, and I can't remember what I did to get around that. I've tried mounting no image, then CD 2, etc. but nothing seems to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hey guys, hope all is well.

Quick question for you. I have MVP 07, and I'm trying to upgrade to MVP 08 from EAMods.com. Unfortunately, I don't have the CDs, since I play MVP on 3 different computers (you read that right - I'm also away on residence, and didn't think to backup my CDs), so I'm using images instead. I only have CD 2, and for the life of me, I can't 08 going.

It's downloaded with the latest version of TiT, but it keeps asking for CD 1, which I don't have. When I upgraded from MVP 2005 to 07, I had the same problem, and I can't remember what I did to get around that. I've tried mounting no image, then CD 2, etc. but nothing seems to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry, but you will need your CDs. Actually I could send you mine IF you make a donation (of any size) to MVP Mods

• 3 weeks later...

If it is an image YOU made from your actual CDs, with the copy protection, it will work. :) In fact, I just backed up my copies 2 nights ago, and have been using that to play since then.

If it is images you downloaded from a torrent, the official MVPmods.com answer would be no. The unofficial answer, I can't not go into details about. However, if they are illegal images don't bother looking for support/help. No one here is allowed to give it. ;)

Using Images is not guaranteed though...I had problems when I tried to install it with images...Finally found my discs though and now am playing 2008 and trying to customize it to suit my preferences :)

That may be true. All I know is that I have installed 3 different times with images, and it worked flawlessly all 3 times. And, that the MVP08 update is officially compatible with images.

I downloaded today MVP 05, played for a bit and found it amazing. Wow!

But since I'm a Red Sox fan and the game does not have many current players, I decided to download the 08 WS Release from page 1. Hope it'll works.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is just hello to everybody :rolleyes:

OK! I've installed the mod that changed to MVP 08, and is working smooooooooooothly :D

But where can I see the change on the roster, from the release of the mod to the current MLB rosters? Thanks a lot!

But since I'm a Red Sox fan and the game does not have many current players, I decided to download the 08 WS Release from page 1. Hope it'll works.

OK! I've installed the mod that changed to MVP 08, and is working smooooooooooothly :D

But where can I see the change on the roster, from the release of the mod to the current MLB rosters? Thanks a lot!

Ok, here's the deal. You downloaded Mvp 05. That means you didn't buy it. That means you either went to a P2P site or a torrent site and got it. That means you got this game illegally. You made your choice in doing it. So because you did this, something else happens as a result of it. You get no support for any questions that you may have for this game because of it. Why? It's because we don't support the obtaining of this game by illegal means in any way. I'll show you the rule right here since I know you didn't bother to read the rules when you joined. That would have been asking too much.

No warez or cracks or links to such content.

Help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention of copyright measures are forbidden. This includes linking to illegally obtained software, movies & music files - posting about it, and suggesting obtaining it.

I'm sorry, that's it. You already admitted that you downloaded the game and there's no way around it. Go to ebay or Amazon to buy the game. That's all.

I have everything installed, and patch #5. I can play through manage and sim mode, but when I try to play an actual game it crashes. What am I doing wrong.

Okay, I assume you are referring to 08 (since that is the forum we are in), but have you installed any other mods?

One thing I know, is that when I first installed, I got a lot of crashes at certain stadiums. The stadiums were too much (along with all the new high res unis, and cybers) for my PC to handle. I had tp upgrade ram, and now it works much better. I still get the occasional crash though.

I know the fenway that came with the 08 mod crashed for me every time. I had to download the "lite" version (a little less strain on my system), to get it to work.

Not a whole lot of help, but hopefully it gets you started on the right track to figuring out why you have this issue.

Also, if you installed any other mods (as I asked earlier), let us know. That may be an issue as well.

Y4L is right, we can't help. We can't support the illegal copies being used in your case.

MVP is well worth (as I am sure you have noticed) the money, and the prices of good used copies are coming down. Check ebay, and amazon. Get a good copy, and come back then, and only then. Otherwise, you are on your own. Sorry.

Archived