Franchise Free Agent Bug...

kraken613

Hey franchise mode is broke period. I said earlier I thought we should all post at 2K about this in their threads. I did and the response I got was that at this time there is no plan for PC patch/fix..I knew there were not living rosters, but who cares we have the best roster guys in sports gaming so I did not care about that at all. But to say there is no plan for a patch/fix for PC? Who the heck does that to their customers?

Come on, they put up a PC demo online, they put up the first patch for Xbox and for Playstation so why not add the patch for PC then? I was livid..Terrible support and service as of now until enough people complain..I just don't get the no pc support at this time?

Believe me, I like this game and with some tweeks and fixes it will be really good...Console players(some) have already said the PC version is better gameplay wise..So what gives????

Wow. Once again, with everyone TRYING to give them the benefit of the doubt... 2K just blows it again.

Releasing a broken game for PC... and then saying they have no intention of fixing it.

So - you're saying you're comfortable with stealing $20 from every person who bought the PC version, 2K?

lol. What a worthless company.

Wicked just go to the 2k forums, there are stickies under MLB2k...I am gonna crash, but just read their stickys I asked in either the living rosters sticky or one of them...And yes I KNOW there are no living rosters for PC, but theres no updates either, this was from the mods mouth..I post there under this screen name so you will know..Lots of interesting material there as well, none that will probably help us though...

Wicked just go to the 2k forums, there are stickies under MLB2k...I am gonna crash, but just read their stickys I asked in either the living rosters sticky or one of them...And yes I KNOW there are no living rosters for PC, but theres no updates either, this was from the mods mouth..I post there under this screen name so you will know..Lots of interesting material there as well, none that will probably help us though...

Ok i found your post but all the admin said is there would not be living rosters. He said nothing about no patches for the PC. I checked every thread you posted in.

If you can find it, please show me where they said this.

I was going to pick the game up this weekend but if there is no patch i would like to know before i buy it.

I've been following this on the 2K forums for a few weeks and I'm not sure where anybody got info that no PC patch would be available. The franchise issue was announced by 2K a week before launch and they said their top priority was getting the 360 and PS3 patches out- which makes sense from a business standpoint.

Since the PC version is just a port of the 360 version and there is a patch for that it only makes sense that they will get the patch onto the PC at some point. Also it's been pointed out that this game has mirrored their release of NBA 2K9 for the PC and a patch did come out for that PC version about a week after the 360. Sorry, but I'm going to give 2K the benefit of the doubt on this one and expect a patch sooner rather than later. At least they're not like EA who just denies their bugs until months later and then release a patch months after that *cough* MVP 2004 lefty bug *cough*

Since the PC version is just a port of the 360 version and there is a patch for that it only makes sense that they will get the patch onto the PC at some point. Also it's been pointed out that this game has mirrored their release of NBA 2K9 for the PC and a patch did come out for that PC version about a week after the 360. Sorry, but I'm going to give 2K the benefit of the doubt on this one and expect a patch sooner rather than later. At least they're not like EA who just denies their bugs until months later and then release a patch months after that *cough* MVP 2004 lefty bug *cough*

It isn't a direct port. The file structure is different, unlike MVP 2005 for the XBOX and PC.

I'm still expecting that they will patch it. But if they don't, is this something that could be modded in? The issue seems to be that teams just don't have the budget to sign big name free agents so they go unsigned. I think I read somewhere that some teams ended up with budgets in the single digit millions. So could there be a mod to adjust payrolls at the end of each year? Obviously that's not the ideal solution and there are other issues the patch needs to fix but in a worst case scenario it would make the game not completely useless for franchise. I know Madden 08 had essentially the reverse issue where teams had too large a budget after a couple years and thus there were never any good free agents. The Madden editor basically solved that issue by allowing you to adjust the salary cap on any given franchise file.

So does anybody has an Idea how to fix this by ourself ? does anybody know in which file the money for the teams could be stored ?

and what about lowering the salary for certain players ? I know this isnt the best solution but maybe thats better then no fix at all ?

Archived