Portraits

gcurrier2004

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried it. But I don't understand the Press “+” and “-” on your keyboard. Do you have to like press it at the same time? Do you have to hold shift while doing it? Can you be more specific because nothing is happening when I press it and I dunno if Im doing it wrong or not?

Edit: Nvm You have to use the + or - at the right hand side of the keyboard or If it still doesnt work, press the * on the right side as well.

I tried it. But I don't understand the Press “+” and “-” on your keyboard. Do you have to like press it at the same time? Do you have to hold shift while doing it? Can you be more specific because nothing is happening when I press it and I dunno if Im doing it wrong or not?

Edit: Nvm You have to use the + or - at the right hand side of the keyboard or If it still doesnt work, press the * on the right side as well.

Yes, "+" or "-" on num lock to find texture.

Just curious...why exactly does TextMod have to be running permenantly to have the new portriat take effect in the game?

this is a good overview of how texmod works. they have been using it with Madden 08 for a while now.

Football Freaks Texmod Overview

edit: You know if you think about it, it would be amazing to think what someone could do with this and MVP 2005!

I really hope that this isn't the best that we can do.

texmod is way too limited in what we need to do for portraits. Sure, its nice to update players that have photos, but it is worthless for players without pics already in there. In the NBA, where every team has 12 players, it's far less of an issue. But we have 100 per organization, and really need to add new photos, not just replace what's already there.

Has anyone made any progress on the .cdf file format? This is what we really need, not just for portraits, but for stadium mods to take the next step.

mvpmods11229, your portrait pack is not working for me

the address you have for CC is 0x26D04F9B the address I have for CC is 0x7120901F

I think the problem in the different EXE's used to play the game, I can come up with at least 6 known EXEs

default DVD EXE

DVD EXE after patch

Default Direct2Drive EXE

Direct2Drive EXE after patch

NO-DVD EXE pre patch

NO-DVD EXE post patch

Now there might be a different set of EXEs for each store that allowed for downloading the game

Hm...now that you said it. I dont think I shouldve released it. It just is so complicated! I'm not that experience with modding so this was my 1st time. Sry guys that it didn't work. I guess I can't share my work with everyone :[

Maybe White Chocolate could help mee because he was able to share it with everyone else. All he did was upload one single .tpf file and it worked. I did the same and it doesnt work for anyone...

I cant seem to get textmod to work with MLB 2k9. Works fine with NBA 2k9 but I get no red text in top left corner on MLB. I'm also using the original dvd, someone said it works with No-DVD where do I get a no-dvd from? All sites I have been to that normaly have No-cds dont have them, and I hate using cd for the wear and the tear on it, but would be nice to change some portraits also. So if anyone knows where to get a No-DVD or if someone can please tell me what I'm doing wrong with textmod would be greatful

Also where do you guys find your portraits at? most all I find are really small and not the normal 128x128 size so when I blow them up there blurry? or is there a way in photoshop to make smaller pics just as clear? sorry a photoshop noob

Thanks for the help!

I think the problem in the different EXE's used to play the game, I can come up with at least 6 known EXEs

default DVD EXE

DVD EXE after patch

Default Direct2Drive EXE

Direct2Drive EXE after patch

NO-DVD EXE pre patch

NO-DVD EXE post patch

Now there might be a different set of EXEs for each store that allowed for downloading the game

Can someone send me the original download EXE, I have the other 5

I'll trade 5 for 1 :)

no really I need the other EXE, can someone help out?

no really I need the other EXE, can someone help out?

Which one do you need? How can we give you an exe if you say "I have 5 of 6, i need the other one", which one is that?

Here is my default Gamestop download version one if this happens to be the one you need. I also have the manual patch one but I think you already have it.

mlb2k9.rar

I am about to install Texmod. Is it usual for my virus protection (AVG) to think it is a virus (Runtime packed nspack)? I deleted them to be safe, but perhaps, as it is modding a game, this is normal. Anyone know the answer to this?

Also where do you guys find your portraits at? most all I find are really small and not the normal 128x128 size so when I blow them up there blurry? or is there a way in photoshop to make smaller pics just as clear? sorry a photoshop noob

Thanks for the help!

The best i could find for now were on foxsports.com. They are like 140 x 170......look decent blown up.

I am about to install Texmod. Is it usual for my virus protection (AVG) to think it is a virus (Runtime packed nspack)? I deleted them to be safe, but perhaps, as it is modding a game, this is normal. Anyone know the answer to this?

My AVG keeps saying that too.....i just added it to my avg exceptions and used it.

Archived