Portraits

gcurrier2004

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd be really interested in this...i don't really need to ebo edit any of the actual faces. when i do a face, i painstakingly take the time to find a model that fits "pretty good" with the face i'm creating. what program(s) is/are need to extract and re-import the faces?

thanx for any info

Holy hell. Are you kidding me? Do they not have the license from this season, or something? ;_;

Edit:

The sad part is I was being sarcastic about Manny, I didn't honestly think they'd give him a Red Sox portrait.

• 1 month later...

i've just looked for mods for nba2k9 today and i came through an interesting topic,,it looks like(probably) this guy can edit portraits.. and i looked in my nba2k9 files and it also has portrait.cdf and portrait.iff

i pm'ed him and just waiting for the reply although it seems that he's not that active in the site because his last post was on February

here is the link:

link

and sorry for my bad english ^_^

i've just looked for mods for nba2k9 today and i came through an interesting topic,,it looks like(probably) this guy can edit portraits.. and i looked in my nba2k9 files and it also has portrait.cdf and portrait.iff

i pm'ed him and just waiting for the reply although it seems that he's not that active in the site because his last post was on February

here is the link:

link

and sorry for my bad english ^_^

That guy used TexMod as his download link is a .tpf file and I sent him a PM too under 'lilazndood1.' Perhaps someone that speaks Russian can go to his forum and ask:

http://forum.nbalivejam.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=57

That guy used TexMod as his download link is a .tpf file and I sent him a PM too under 'lilazndood1.' Perhaps someone that speaks Russian can go to his forum and ask:

http://forum.nbalivejam.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=57

Great find Louie313131, fantastic development...so now we know portraits can be modded. I sent him a translated Russian message on his board - I'm pretty sure he goes by the name jamaRRo. Hopefully he'll get back to one of us in the near future.

Since three of us have contacted him already, it may be best if no one else bothers the guy until he has a chance to get back to one of us, and we can relay the info to MVPmods.

Also, he was last on the NBA 2k9 site on April 1st, so he definitely is still around.

So Bask/White Chocolate, who has been editing NBA 2k9 portraits, has agreed to help out our cause here at MVPmods cracking the portrait editing issue. Though he joined MVPmods today, he mentioned that his account hasn't been activated yet. I remember when I joined it sent me the activation link immediately, and after clicking it was activated immediately.

Are there any mods who can check if there is a problem with his registration? He'll probably have selected the name Bask or White Chocolate.

Anyway, it looks as though we should know how to crack the portraits soon enough.

So Bask/White Chocolate, who has been editing NBA 2k9 portraits, has agreed to help out our cause here at MVPmods cracking the portrait editing issue. Though he joined MVPmods today, he mentioned that his account hasn't been activated yet. I remember when I joined it sent me the activation link immediately, and after clicking it was activated immediately.

Are there any mods who can check if there is a problem with his registration? He'll probably have selected the name Bask or White Chocolate.

Anyway, it looks as though we should know how to crack the portraits soon enough.

I just manually approved his account. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Thanks for account activation. Soon I'll post here how to patch portraits with TexMod. I doesn't have MLB 2K9 (because baseball is not popular in Russia and there are no places to by the game), so tutorial will be for NBA 2K9. I think that modding is the same. But soon, I hope, I'll get MLB 2K9 (because I like baseball! =)) and then I'll try to make some new portraits for it.

Thanks for account activation. Soon I'll post here how to patch portraits with TexMod. I doesn't have MLB 2K9 (because baseball is not popular in Russia and there are no places to by the game), so tutorial will be for NBA 2K9. I think that modding is the same. But soon, I hope, I'll get MLB 2K9 (because I like baseball! =)) and then I'll try to make some new portraits for it.

White Chocolate, thanks again for helping us with this. Looking VERY forward to your tutorial!

Also, if you want to try it out on MLB 2k9 yourself you could download the tutorial and try to edit the Rays/Phillies portraits. The files should be the same structure.

Archived