Video Card

wayneboy

I have download the game and it will not load. Should I upgrade my video card? I have a Radeon 9250, what type of card shoul I buy?

Yes, you need to upgrade your video card. When shopping for one, make sure it supports Pixel Shader 3.0 You will find it listed in the tech specs of the card.

I do most of my hardware shopping at newegg.com

HERE IS A BIG...BIG...TIP

If you have the money, buy the Geforce 9800GTX from Newegg...I just built a new computer and this is the card I ordered, however, they sent me (and it seems everyone else that ordered this card) a 9800GTX PLUS...That is like a 70-90 dollars more video card for FREE!

It ships as a 9800GTX and the box it comes in says GTX BUT when you take the card out it is a GTX PLUS!!!

HERE IS A BIG...BIG...TIP

If you have the money, buy the Geforce 9800GTX from Newegg...I just built a new computer and this is the card I ordered, however, they sent me (and it seems everyone else that ordered this card) a 9800GTX PLUS...That is like a 70-90 dollars more video card for FREE!

It ships as a 9800GTX and the box it comes in says GTX BUT when you take the card out it is a GTX PLUS!!!

Can't beat that deal man. ;)

Just to toss this out there... I just bought a Sapphire Radeon HD 4550, which comes with a DVI and HDMI and VGA port. I have connected the HDMI to my 37" LCD and it is unbelievable what kind of picture you can get with that HDMI.

The TV is new so I am still in awe just a little. (:

Just to toss this out there... I just bought a Sapphire Radeon HD 4550, which comes with a DVI and HDMI and VGA port. I have connected the HDMI to my 37" LCD and it is unbelievable what kind of picture you can get with that HDMI.

The TV is new so I am still in awe just a little. (:

Thats awesome man. You should post some screenshots.

I bit the bullet and picked up a BFG 9800 GTX+ OC with 1 GIG DDR3 and MLB2K9 is smooth as silk. Hitting and pitching is much more accurate timing-wise, as opposed to the very slight lag when it's sluggish.

I bit the bullet and picked up a BFG 9800 GTX+ OC with 1 GIG DDR3 and MLB2K9 is smooth as silk. Hitting and pitching is much more accurate timing-wise, as opposed to the very slight lag when it's sluggish.

Nice card. A couple more people on the site got that card recently as well.

I'm looking at it myself.

Cool man, I just got the same card. It's pretty solid so far. And quiet. :)

Archived