2k9 Patch

jeterfan2

I agree with electro_cute.

Stealing can be done with the right player and it is possible to throw out runners.....Do what electro_cute stated and you will eventually succeed....Patience, patience, patience.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I read this post. I was just gong to ask how to steal...as I have no idea. Now I think I do. Will try it the next game I play.

Also, how do you attempt a pickoff? I have a P880 Dual analog gamepad. I asked somewhere else and they mentioned using a button on the left side but I have pressed all the buttons with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

I have been able to throw out 4 o5 base stealers so far. If I can do it anyone can :)

Patch really screwed things up. had uninstall. Couldnt press enter to start game had to press Esc instead. Pitches are all low and away or wild. It's a bummer that you have to do all kinds of tweaking just to play a descent game :angry: What ever happen to buying a product and being able to enjoy it out of the box. Hmmmmmmm, the good ol days. <_<

to fix weird keyboard controls

In the exhibition game screen or any game screen where you select teams.

Just use the left or right arrow on keyboard to select a team, then enter a diff screen go back an controls should be fine.

Some say you actually have to start a game but it normally works for me that way.

Also better off playing with a controller can get them pretty cheap an much better way to play the game.

Patch really screwed things up. had uninstall. Couldnt press enter to start game had to press Esc instead. Pitches are all low and away or wild. It's a bummer that you have to do all kinds of tweaking just to play a descent game :angry: What ever happen to buying a product and being able to enjoy it out of the box. Hmmmmmmm, the good ol days. <_<

Ha! Those days went away when the ps2 became a second class citizen lol

Patch really screwed things up. had uninstall. Couldnt press enter to start game had to press Esc instead. Pitches are all low and away or wild. It's a bummer that you have to do all kinds of tweaking just to play a descent game :angry:What ever happen to buying a product and being able to enjoy it out of the box. Hmmmmmmm, the good ol days. <_<

People don't realize it takes time for a game to be developed and properly tested so they get rushed out the door to meet the demand and everything goes to ****.

People don't realize it takes time for a game to be developed and properly tested so they get rushed out the door to meet the demand and everything goes to ****.

Exactly they basically had a new development team come AND the game was rushed out. So of course its gonna have problems. Next year will be the real test if they release for pc and its still this buggy then we should be concerned

Quick question.....What mods that were released pre-patch are still ok to install? Meaning the rawling bats and the catchers gear and stuff..

I have downloaded the new xbox button overlay, I believe the stadiums are all ok. But the accessories and stuff? What files do I NOT want to re-install after I do the patching? Thanks gents...

Quick question.....What mods that were released pre-patch are still ok to install? Meaning the rawling bats and the catchers gear and stuff..

I have downloaded the new xbox button overlay, I believe the stadiums are all ok. But the accessories and stuff? What files do I NOT want to re-install after I do the patching? Thanks gents...

Files affected by Patch: loc.iff, english.iff, tutorial.iff, & .exe file

to fix weird keyboard controls

In the exhibition game screen or any game screen where you select teams.

Just use the left or right arrow on keyboard to select a team, then enter a diff screen go back an controls should be fine.

Some say you actually have to start a game but it normally works for me that way.

Also better off playing with a controller can get them pretty cheap an much better way to play the game.

Exactly. Had to start up a game in order to get the whole thing working. I couldnt get into any other screen at all until I did this. Mind you, this was after the patch. Uninstalled the patch and now its normal, except for all the bugs, like the ball going right through the outfielder's head :lol: . So I'll switch to the controller now. <_<

hi !

hope you understand my english...

i play with dual logitech. after hitting, the player runs to the first Base, if i want run to the secound base,

it doesent go. the curser jump only from the first to the third base ! dont know why ?

this is after the patch. enyone have the same problem ? thanks for answer

hi !

hope you understand my english...

i play with dual logitech. after hitting, the player runs to the first Base, if i want run to the secound base,

it doesent go. the curser jump only from the first to the third base ! dont know why ?

this is after the patch. enyone have the same problem ? thanks for answer

Are you pressing up on the right stick to go to second or left? If your hitting up then you may need to re calibrate your controller.

• 3 months later...

i have a problem that i hope you can all help me with.

I am having some trouble installing the 1.1 patch

I downloaded this file from 2k sports site" "mlb2k9_pc-patch_v1.1.zip"

Inside that was a file called "mlb2k9_patch_v1.1.exe" (self extracting exe)

when i run it it extracts the files to a temp directory and runs the patch installer. it says it is going to install the patch, so i hit "patch"

the next windows goes through som phases "validating install", "copying new files", "patching files" etc.

When it is done i am left with "new" versions of mlb2k9.exe, loc.iff, english.iff, and tutorial.iff

The problem is that these appear to be the same files. "New" versions of english.iff, tutorial.iff, and loc.iff are all the same size as the "old" versions". MLB2k9.exe goes from 60,116KB to 60,180KB.exe. And the version numbers of mlb2k9.exe are the same 1.0.1.1/1.00

can someone help me out here?

Ben

Archived