Back In Black: A 2009 Chicago Whitesox Franchise

Maestro23

Good job on the dynasty, most wins in the League! B) Indians are right there, but besides that you have a pretty good lead. Man, i can't believe how bad the Dodgers are doing "they flat-out stink" lol....they are seriously 11-24 at home! :o ......Oh and your signature is awesome "Lack of forsight to search the forums, read a readme file, or backup your files, does not constitute an emergency for the rest of us" lol :lol:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job on the dynasty, most wins in the League! B) Indians are right there, but besides that you have a pretty good lead. Man, i can't believe how bad the Dodgers are doing "they flat-out stink" lol....they are seriously 11-24 at home! :o ......Oh and your signature is awesome "Lack of forsight to search the forums, read a readme file, or backup your files, does not constitute an emergency for the rest of us" lol :lol:

Thanks Bob. Yeah, its been the Indians and me all season long. Either we've been tied for 1st, or one of us was in 1st alone, but with no more than a 2-3 game lead over the other.

As for your Dodgers, man that record is a little misleading. Played them in the 1st game of the series last night. Before the game, Ozzie said he wasn't scared of Manny. Well Manny heard what he said, and had a 4-for-5 night with 2 HR and 4 RBI. Just missed the cycle by a triple. :blink: It was a good 'ole slugfest, and your boys came out on top. Getting ready to play the 2nd game here in a few. I'll say this, they beat me with the long ball, small-ball, and their speed. Damn Joe Torre. :D

*My sig is a variation of what one of my old college profs told the class on our 1st day one semester. Some of us understood what he meant, and others... it went right over their heads until it was too late. :help:

CC, Those are awesome man. :good:

I like, I like.... Are you going to release them any time soon?

Yeah, I need to get busy on that. I think I have 13 teams unis done with the whole 'Modern Classics' crap.

In regards to your signature, there's a sign for school administrators that reads "Your lack of planning is not my emergency". I've also seen 'planning' replaced with 'management' or 'preparation'.

Update: 27 June 09

After letting Manny punish them in Game 1, the Good Guys bounce back and took the next two, winning the series 2-1.

Contreras picked up his 9th win, which leads the team. Buehrle continues to struggle, as he lost his 6th of the year, falling to a 1-6 record.

Thome continues to lead all Triple Crown categories, with his batting average flirting around Ted Williams' country.

Konerko is swinging a hot stick right now.

The Cubs journey to the South Side for round 2 of the Windy City version of the Hatfields & McCoys. The Cubs took 2 of 3 at Wrigley in the first meeting this year. Ozzie is looking to get even.

As always, check the DM Page for full-coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...in%202%20of%203

STAY THIRSTY, my friends. :hi:

2mcxamp.jpg

Game Recaps

post-30931-1246129759_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1246129771_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1246129787_thumb.jpg

Way to pull out that series, M.  Those Dodgers can be a pesky bunch, at least in my virtual world.  Looks like Manny took matters into his own hands in Game 1, but on the bright side, it's obvious that Ozzie took him serious in game 2, and completely shut him down in the rubber match, good job.  Cut the head off the snake, etc..   -_-

But man, what a dilemma.  Thome is swinging his way into some hardware this year, and Buerhle can't buy a bucket.  I realize that in baseball (and maybe Buerhle's case too) that numbers don't always tell the story.  I'll be looking forward to seeing how you handle this situation, and how it pans out in the end.

As always, the update and the writing are superb, and maintains that same integrity everytime I check in.  Very well done.

Here's to turning Thome loose on the south side, good luck with the Cubbies.   B)

Way to pull out that series, M.  Those Dodgers can be a pesky bunch, at least in my virtual world.  Looks like Manny took matters into his own hands in Game 1, but on the bright side, it's obvious that Ozzie took him serious in game 2, and completely shut him down in the rubber match, good job.  Cut the head off the snake, etc..   -_-

But man, what a dilemma.  Thome is swinging his way into some hardware this year, and Buerhle can't buy a bucket.  I realize that in baseball (and maybe Buerhle's case too) that numbers don't always tell the story.  I'll be looking forward to seeing how you handle this situation, and how it pans out in the end.

As always, the update and the writing are superb, and maintains that same integrity everytime I check in.  Very well done.

Here's to turning Thome loose on the south side, good luck with the Cubbies.   B)

Thanks Jay. Yeah, after game 1, I said "What am I doing, trying to challenge Manny?" <_< The Dodgers had a good game plan, Pierre and Furcal would do anything to get on base and set the table. They laid down some timely bunts that just had me all messed up. Then Torre gave them the green light.

Thome and Buehrle, at the very extreme opposites of the spectrum. I love hitting with big Jim. Only thing is, that when I go up against a lefty, I'm a sucker for that slider down and away. Soriano anyone? :rolleyes:

Buehrle has got another start agains the Cubs in game 3 of the series. Going up against Marmol who if I recall correctly, was tough on me last time. (Yeah, just checked. We managed 1 run and 4 hits off him before Lou pulled him in the 5th.) It will be a rematch of these two. (How ironic). :unsure:

Game Recap here: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...&idnum=5620

So it might be a case of once again, Buehrle not getting the run support before he gets into trouble or I have to pull him. I'm probably going to carry him until the All-Star break, and then make a hard decision. Just doesn't seem right though, not having him in the rotation.

Well got to play 2 games today, as I didn't play game 1 yesterday. How are your A's doing?

I hear you on that low and away stuff, but it's obviously advantageous to keep Thome in the lineup, especially the way he's murdering the ball.  

Like I said, Buerhle is a tough decision too, I'm sure I'd have to know the details too before I pulled the string on him.  He's another one that you want on your side.  Anyway, the A's/Rockies Series was ugly.  Didn't think it could get uglier, but it did.  I think my game is broke.   ^_^  But oh well, that's what makes it fun.  I'll throw the series recap up in my thread tomorrow sometime.  

You might want to look away.   <_<

Anyway, looking forward to this cross town rivalry matchup, looks like it's payback time when you face Marmol.  

Note to Maestro ... Start Podsednik. *grin*

FWIW, I just finished playing the ChiSox, and Thome took me deep for 2R job on a high and in 2-seamer that was in his "cold zone" ... and Konerko won it with a walkoff, completely ruining a 12K performance by Edwin Jackson.

Note to Maestro ... Start Podsednik. *grin*

FWIW, I just finished playing the ChiSox, and Thome took me deep for 2R job on a high and in 2-seamer that was in his "cold zone" ... and Konerko won it with a walkoff, completely ruining a 12K performance by Edwin Jackson.

Ouch, that one hurt CC. Sounds like Jackson was bagging and tagging 'em for awhile. Was he seriously gassed when Konerko hit the walk-off?

Ouch, that one hurt CC. Sounds like Jackson was bagging and tagging 'em for awhile. Was he seriously gassed when Konerko hit the walk-off?

It was my best game, perhaps with any pitcher, to this point. Jackson had 8K's through 3 innings, and was dealing, most often getting ahead with the curve/split, 2nd strike with either the change, and/or curve/split, and then blowing guys down with 96-97mph heat. THen in the 4th, Thome hit the HR to pull it to 3-2. The interesting thing is that Jackson was only throwing like 65% strikes. "Effectively Wild" as it's occassionally called.

It seems that early on, user pitchers are pretty unhittable, but then in the middle innings, once the stamina slider is in the middle, the effectiveness of the pitches decreases, sometimes rather drastically. I changed it up and was starting guys off with heat, and finishing with offspeed, trying not to get into any pattern. But, Jackson came out after the 8th in a 3-3 game. In my half of the 8th, I had runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1-out. Jenks comes in and gets 2 K's. He really is some serious poop. In the 9th I had 1st and 3rd with no one out, and when I clicked my LB to take a one-step lead, my runner from 3rd took off for home (this has happened to me 3 times lately). He was tagged out and my runner from first did not take off (?). Jenks gets a 6-4-3 to end my rally. Rodney comes in, 2-outs, 1-2 count to Konerko, and on an outside corner change, Konerko dumps it over the RF bullpen (quite a shot actually), and now I'm making unis for Cleveland and Pitt for my next series.

I've got weird stuff going on with my pitching. Detroit pitchers get a lot more K's than do my StL pitchers, but the Cardinal pitchers have lower era's, and are generally more effective. Detroit's starters have more guys that throw mid 90s, and 3 of em throw a split, which is a big K pitch on this game. With the Cards, my only guy that seems to rack up some K's is Wainwright with his big ol uncle charlie.

But,the strikeouts come with a cost, namely stamina and effectiveness the 2nd/3rd time through the lineup. I suppose I could go for more 3-pitch K's, but that's not a very realistic way to approach the game, IMO. Even though I play with injuries OFF, I take my starters out when their stam is in the red, for 'realism'.

It was my best game, perhaps with any pitcher, to this point. Jackson had 8K's through 3 innings, and was dealing, most often getting ahead with the curve/split, 2nd strike with either the change, and/or curve/split, and then blowing guys down with 96-97mph heat. THen in the 4th, Thome hit the HR to pull it to 3-2. The interesting thing is that Jackson was only throwing like 65% strikes. "Effectively Wild" as it's occassionally called.

It seems that early on, user pitchers are pretty unhittable, but then in the middle innings, once the stamina slider is in the middle, the effectiveness of the pitches decreases, sometimes rather drastically. I changed it up and was starting guys off with heat, and finishing with offspeed, trying not to get into any pattern. But, Jackson came out after the 8th in a 3-3 game. In my half of the 8th, I had runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1-out. Jenks comes in and gets 2 K's. He really is some serious poop. In the 9th I had 1st and 3rd with no one out, and when I clicked my LB to take a one-step lead, my runner from 3rd took off for home (this has happened to me 3 times lately). He was tagged out and my runner from first did not take off (?). Jenks gets a 6-4-3 to end my rally. Rodney comes in, 2-outs, 1-2 count to Konerko, and on an outside corner change, Konerko dumps it over the RF bullpen (quite a shot actually), and now I'm making unis for Cleveland and Pitt for my next series.

I've got weird stuff going on with my pitching. Detroit pitchers get a lot more K's than do my StL pitchers, but the Cardinal pitchers have lower era's, and are generally more effective. Detroit's starters have more guys that throw mid 90s, and 3 of em throw a split, which is a big K pitch on this game. With the Cards, my only guy that seems to rack up some K's is Wainwright with his big ol uncle charlie.

But,the strikeouts come with a cost, namely stamina and effectiveness the 2nd/3rd time through the lineup. I suppose I could go for more 3-pitch K's, but that's not a very realistic way to approach the game, IMO. Even though I play with injuries OFF, I take my starters out when their stam is in the red, for 'realism'.

Man, that sounds like a good game. I agree with what you're seeing with pitchers as far as the middle innings and stamina. Oh, and you're dead on with Jenks. He's got some serious pop. I love pitching with him. No trickery, just here it is... hit it if you can. :D

I hear you about not going for 3 pitch K's. No fun or realistic at all if if becomes a common thing. As for my starters, I do the same thing when it comes to fatigue.

Update: 1 July 09

Sweet Lou and his boys thump Ozzie and Co.

Cubs beat my #$%! again 2 out of 3 just like they did at Wrigley earlier this year. They brought good pitching and thunder with them.

Buehrle lost yet AGAIN. :angry: I don't know what it is with me and him. We even got him early run support and he just imploded in the 4th inning with 2 OUTS. That's been the pattern with him this year, always getting into trouble with 2 outs. Ozzie is getting fed up, and has said a decision on Buehrle will come before the All-Star break.

Travel to Cleveland next for a critical 3-game series with the Tribe. We are both tied for 1st with identical 47-30 records. The Tribe have been hot this past week, while we have looked like the Keystone Cops. Luckily I've got Contreras (9 game winner) and Colon (8 game winner) pitching in games 2 & 3.

As always, check out the DM-Page for full-coverage: http://dynastymanager.com/teampage.php?u=M...zzie%20and%20Co.

As always, STAY THIRSTY my friends. :hi:

2a7g9rc.jpg

Game Recaps:

post-30931-1246461329_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1246461346_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1246461361_thumb.jpg

"How many *!@#$ men did we leave on base in those 3 games!!?"  lol

I can almost hear Ozzie rambling like that.  Great job on capturing his (madness) personality.   :wacko:

Man, Contreras and Colon are pitching lights out, and you have some solid wood in that lineup, Thome, Quentin, Dye, etc.  It's going to be interesting to see how many of these guys make the All-Star team.  And now, at least with Buerhle falling apart and getting run support this time, your decision probably becomes easier as with what to do with him.

Good thing is the entire team seems to be clicking, still battling to keep that top spot.  Good stuff, M, the update is top notch as usual.   :good:

Update: 4 July 09

Ah, its lonely at the top, but I'll take it. Sox rode into Cleveland and put laid down the law with a 3-0 series sweep. We are now alone in 1st place with a 3 game lead over the Tribe. :D

Keys to this series were good pitching and timely hitting. Danks went all the way in Game 1 for his 8th win. Contreras and the bullpen combined for a 1-0 win in Game 2. It was Contreras' 10th win of the year, which leads the team. Jenks had to work for his league leading 16th save also. Game 3, saw Fields and Ramirez pick up the slack for our "big-guns" not producing lately.

Thome still leads in all Triple Crown categories, although the HR and RBI races are tight. (Check the DM Page).

All eyes will be on Mark Buehrle in Game 2 of the KC series coming up. There are calls back home all over the Windy City for him to demoted.

As always, check my DM-Page for full coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...0Sweep%20Series

STAY THIRSTY, my friends. :hi:

a4si9f.jpg

Game Recaps

post-30931-1246690432_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1246690449_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1246690461_thumb.jpg

Wow, 1st place, 20 games over .500, and your next 4 games are vs last place Kansas City?  I predict Buerhle finally picks up a W in his next start.   B)

@CC: Man, I know. I was thinking the same thing about Reyes. -_- But as you can see, I couldn't do squat against him. Had me chasing all dang day.

Also CC, you see your Cardinals are making a move in the NL Central. They have been on fire lately: Won 12 of the last 16. Albert's numbers: .288/18 HR/53 RBI

@JR: Jay, I've taken bad teams for granted before, and got my butt handed to me. :D I am hoping Buehrle can somehow get a 'W' though. Will it save his job? Probably not, but we shall see. Hoping Thome can find the long ball again, he's been quite lately. Think pitchers are started to figure him out. ^_^

Thanks for checking in guys. :hi:

Update: Sox win 7th in a row. Sweep KC 4-0

Wow, what a series dominated by good pitching OR horrible hitting (You be the judge). <_<

Highlight of the series: Mark Buehrle tossing a one-hit complete game shutout in Game 2. He earned it, as once again his team gave him no run support. He improves to 2-7 and seems to be making Ozzie's decision very hard. He's got another start against Cleveland in the up-coming series.

Thome no longer leads all Triple Crown categories. He has fallen to 2nd in Homeruns. He has not hit a homeruns since June 26th (Cubs).

Sox still alone in 1st, 3.5 game lead over Tribe. Tribe coming to South Side for 3 game series.

*Made the trade between Mets and Braves (Church for Frenchy).

As always, check my DM page for full coverage: http://dynastymanager.com/teampage.php?u=M...weep%20KC%204-0

As always, STAY THIRSTY my friends :hi:

28m35ds.jpg

Game Recaps:

post-30931-1247346059_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1247346070_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1247346083_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1247346096_thumb.jpg

Buerhle tosses a one hit shutout??  Talk about getting back on the right track in a hurry..

Did you do something different to your boxscores?  Wow, they look great!  

Thanks Jay. Yeah, trying some different things out with the boxscores. Just going to go with what you see in Games 3/4. No linescore at the top. Linescore is already in the article itself, and it will cut down on some of the redundant work.

Man, Buehrle shocked the hell out of me. But as you see, once again he got no run support. If I hadn't given up that little bloop hit early in the game, he would have had a perfect game. I didn't realize that until about the 8th inning. Then it was in the back of my mind. <_<

Those 1st 3 games had me on the edge of my seat. I was like "There is no way in hell I'm going to lose to the basement dwelling Royals after the Cleveland series". But I couldn't buy a hit. When I did hit it hard, it was right at someone, or they would make a web gem catch.

Thank the baseball gods for Dye in Game 4. You just don't know how good that blast felt. Thome has got me worried now though. I'm not making good contact at all with him now. I'm trying to hard with him now, I think. Just need to go up there and not try and kill everything. Think I might start sitting him more against lefties, if the other guys can step up.

Great job as always on the update, M.   :good:

Man, how close can you come to a no hitter?  It makes you look back at that bloop single and realize how close you were, lol.

A 2 hitter is as close as I've come.

Thanks Jay. Like I said, I realized what was happening with Buehrle when I got to the 8th inning. I went back thru the innings, and that little blooper was the only dang hit. :angry:

But I'll and I'm quite sure Buehrle, will just take the win. :D

Really hoping he can get another win against Cleveland. Gotta get those bats heated up again.

Archived