Back In Black: A 2009 Chicago Whitesox Franchise

Maestro23

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like you and the Indians are the only teams in the AL central haha. And those are some good looking NL west standings ;)

Man, if I don't start getting some consistant play, there will only be one dog in the hunt in the AL Central. B)

Your boys are hanging on in the West, by their fingernails... but they're hanging on. They lost 4 straight to the Reds, then 2 out of 3 to the Brew Crew. They just handed the Braves their 7th loss in a row though. ^_^

Congrats on the split, M.  2 wins is better than none, eh?  Man, that game 4 looked a little rough.  Been there myself a few times this season.  Either way, looks like there was some versatility the entire series.  Great job pulling out the 1-0 win in game 2.

Good luck with Figgins and LAA and trying to regain the lead in the Central.   B)

Congrats on the split, M.  2 wins is better than none, eh?  Man, that game 4 looked a little rough.  Been there myself a few times this season.  Either way, looks like there was some versatility the entire series.  Great job pulling out the 1-0 win in game 2.

Good luck with Figgins and LAA and trying to regain the lead in the Central.   B)

Thanks Jay. Yeah, those first 2 games were good tight games, then all hell broke loose in games 3 & 4. :huh: As I said, the real Bronx Bombers showed up. Teixeira was just a monster, he hit everything hard, and those South Side trade winds were blowing in. ^_^

I'm getting killed with Thome vs. left-handed pitching lately. Hate to sit him exlcusively against lefty's, but I might have to.

Hope I can just win this Angels series 2-1, and keep pace with Cleveland. If Figgins gets on base though, it's going to be a long series.

I've got a 3-game series with Cleveland after this that I can't wait to get too. Can't overlook LA though and loose all 3. -_-

I'm getting killed with Thome vs. left-handed pitching lately. Hate to sit him exlcusively against lefty's, but I might have to.

I hear you loud and clear.  Sometimes you do have to do the little things like this and rely on the odds to work out in the long run.  Especially when you're trying to get your head above water only a couple of games back.

You don't happen to have the splits (vs lhp/vs rhp) on Thome do you?

I hear you loud and clear.  Sometimes you do have to do the little things like this and rely on the odds to work out in the long run.  Especially when you're trying to get your head above water only a couple of games back.

You don't happen to have the splits (vs lhp/vs rhp) on Thome do you?

Don't have the splits, looks like 2K didn't give that important statistical breakdown. (But we got Sabermetrics Reports out the *#!$) Damn 2K.<_<

In his last 10 games though, he's hitting .205 (8-39), and I know I've struggled with him against every left-hander we've faced. Lot of 0-for games. -_-

Looks like I'm going to juggle the lineup, and see what Mr. Rios can do when I face lefties. White Sox have too many left-handed sticks in that outfield.

Update:

Guys in Black and the Tribe head into 3-game series in a virtual tie for 1st place.

The Sox took 2 of 3 from the Angels, which included a Walk-Off Grand Slam from Jim Thome and a Complete-Game shutout by staff ace Jose Contreras. The win was Jose's 14th of the year. He has got to be considered for the Cy Young.

The Tribe are coming off being swept by the Twins 3-0. For this series however, they will have their ace Cliff Lee taking the hill in Game 2.

As always, check my DM Page for full-coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...3&sport=mlb

STAY THIRSTY, my friends. :hi:

2hphhj9.jpg

Angels Series Recaps and League News:

post-30931-1251819348_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1251819361_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1251819522_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1251819543_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1251819557_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1251819577_thumb.jpg

Way to get that series, M, and congrats on the 6 hit shutout.  Not completely sure how you're doing things, but you're not getting rid of Thome are you?

Man, that would be a serious blow when trying to keep pace with the Tribe in the Central.   :huh:

Thanks Jay.

Man, if I were to make the 2 big moves the Sox just done, I could kiss the Central ... Good Bye. Contreras and Thome?!? :help:

I wanted to keep up with all the real-life transactions such as you have in your dynasty, but decided against it. For one, I started my franchise with one of the early roster mods we had for 2K. So, the minor leagues are hit/miss at best. If I would have had rock solid accurate rosters like we have for MVP plus all the cool James Bond gadgets we have for MVP... it would have been a piece of cake. :lol:

I've made some of the big moves if it made sense with what's going on in my franchise. Like Holliday/Lugo to St. Louis, and some others. But take Cliff Lee going to Philly. In my franchise, Lee is dominating, he's the front-runner for the Cy Young and is the ace of the Tribe staff. I can't see them trading him right in the middle of a post-season run. Plus, with us doing battle for control of the AL Central, what would it look like if I traded away their ace. 8)

Although with Thome struggling for me as of late, it might be interesting to see what happens when I reach the day in my franchise when he was traded. :ph34r:

@stEd: Man, let me snap my fingers and make that sweep happen. :lol: Of course, I could resort to what I used to do in my younger days playing sports games on my Sega Genesis: Keep hitting RESET until I get the results I want. :spiteful:

I've made some of the big moves if it made sense with what's going on in my franchise.

I understand completely, and I agree, it just wouldn't make sense.  I knew they were both dominating for you in the A.L., and believe it or not I thought of your dynasty before anything thing else when I heard the news, lol.  I just didn't know the exact details of the way you were doing things.

BTW, if Thome starts getting on your nerves, I'll trade you a case of beer and an old Cubs jersey.   :p  

I understand completely, and I agree, it just wouldn't make sense.  I knew they were both dominating for you in the A.L., and believe it or not I thought of your dynasty before anything thing else when I heard the news, lol.  I just didn't know the exact details of the way you were doing things.

BTW, if Thome starts getting on your nerves, I'll trade you a case of beer and an old Cubs jersey.   :p  

Yeah, when I heard those 2 big trades, I was like hmm.. What do I do?

Man, I tell ya... If Thome keeps stinking up the place like he has been lately, I'll fly him first-class out to the West Coast for ya. No need to send the A's organization's private plane. :lol:

Yeah, when I heard those 2 big trades, I was like hmm.. What do I do?

Man, I tell ya... If Thome keeps stinking up the place like he has been lately, I'll fly him first-class out to the West Coast for ya. No need to send the A's organization's private plane. :lol:

I've got the White Sox on the schedule this month. They were gone before the ink was dry.   :yahoo:

Update:

Sox take 2 of 3 from Tribe and take back 1st-place. Tribe now a game back.

Buehrle out pitches Cy Young front-runner Cliff Lee in Game 2 of series.

Scotty "Pods" sent down to Charlotte for recently struggles at the plate. Mark Kotsay was called up.

Sox head to Seattle for 3 games with Ichiro and the Mariners.

As always, check my DM-Page for full-coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...3&sport=mlb

bj786q.jpg

Cleveland Series Recap & League News

post-30931-1252263723_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1252263734_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1252263745_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1252263769_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1252263781_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1252263793_thumb.jpg

Good job on getting that series from the first place Indians.  Looks like Ramirez was on fire, exactly what I can't seem to find in my lineup.  BTW, am I seeing a Dodger hat on Thome?  Did you make the trade?

Anyway, good luck with Texas, wear 'em down the best you can.   B)

Good job on getting that series from the first place Indians.  Looks like Ramirez was on fire, exactly what I can't seem to find in my lineup.  BTW, am I seeing a Dodger hat on Thome?  Did you make the trade?

Anyway, good luck with Texas, wear 'em down the best you can.   B)

Thanks Jay. Yeah, Ramirez has been clutch throughout the season. Always seeming to get that hit or make a play in the field when I need it.

No, I've still got Thome. Those pics are from espn.com. ^_^

Hey, any advice on how to keep Ichiro off the bases? 8)

Hey, any advice on how to keep Ichiro off the bases? 8)

Yep, it's "in the yellow envelope".  :)

Seriously though, I'm not sure how effective he is in 2K9, but if it's anything like MVP he's a nightmare.  It reminds me of how Rickey Henderson could change the entire mood of the game when he got on.  It's ridiculous.

I personally played my outfield straight up and just tried to bust him inside the whole time.  As you probably remember, his tendency is to try and slap the ball while moving out of the box at the same time.  If you shift left or right and he puts one on the line, it's a sure double, and maybe even a triple.  I pitched him high and tight and let him try to fight it off.  And on the other hand, it's just as bad just to walk  him.

Minimizing the damage is just about the most you can do.

Yep, it's "in the yellow envelope".  :)

Seriously though, I'm not sure how effective he is in 2K9, but if it's anything like MVP he's a nightmare.  It reminds me of how Rickey Henderson could change the entire mood of the game when he got on.  It's ridiculous.

I personally played my outfield straight up and just tried to bust him inside the whole time.  As you probably remember, his tendency is to try and slap the ball while moving out of the box at the same time.  If you shift left or right and he puts one on the line, it's a sure double, and maybe even a triple.  I pitched him high and tight and let him try to fight it off.  And on the other hand, it's just as bad just to walk  him.

Minimizing the damage is just about the most you can do.

Must wear gloves when handling the yellow envelope. (No prints for Selig to track.) -_-

As far as him in 2K. He's pretty much the same. I just checked in the the last game we played them, he lit me up (really all series, but he had his way with me that game).

Ichiro: 3-6, HR, 2 RBI, 3 R, 3 SB

Yeah, I've got to check what what kind of defensive shift I'm in before I pitch to him, and adjust accordingly. That almost cost me in the Cleveland series with Sizemore. My shift was one way, and I was pitching him another, result: Extra base hits.

Sox love Seattle, as they have one of their best offensive series in awhile. Take series 2-1, as "King" Felix would not let the Mariners be the victims of a sweep. He brought the "heat" in Game 3 and silenced the Chicago bats. Had me off balance all game long, mixing the heater with the off-speed stuff.

Jose Contreras continues to dominate opposing teams. He tosses another Complete-Game Shutout in Game 1, allowing just 3 hits to Seattle. The win was his 15th.

Sox head down to Oakland next, to take on JR's dead-last A's. (Sorry Jay). :D

As always, check my DM-Page for full-coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...%20out%20of%203

aovpqg.jpg

Seattle Series Recap and League News:

post-30931-1252424568_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1252424579_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1252424592_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1252424635_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1252424646_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1252424659_thumb.jpg

Congrats on taking 1st place from the Tribe, nice work, keep it up! Good to see Buehrle picking it up a bit :)

Hey Wicked, good to see ya around man. Thanks for checking the thread. :hi:

The dog fight with the Tribe has been fun all season long, especially after that last series. :D

As for Buehrle, he's just been snake bit all season. I don't pitch bad with him, it's just I make one or two mistakes with him sometimes, and can't recover. Or he's got so many no-decisions this year where he's pitched well, left with a tie AND then we score some runs after he leaves. Also, the bullpen has blown some games for him as well.

Again, good to see ya around & thanks for checking the thread.

I haven't been around much because I went back to MVP. I finally had enough of 2K9. It has so much potential but the little things get to me. I still check up on your DM page though, and check the forum from time to time.

Your franchise has been the only one I've actually kept up with from the start, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I always end up losing interest at some point with other franchise's. My hats off to you and all the work you put into it.

Archived