Back In Black: A 2009 Chicago Whitesox Franchise

Maestro23

Just took a look at your webpage. It is fantastic. I will make sure to make regular visitis. Very impressive. Must add lots of fun to your franchise.

I am in Aug in mine. Using the Jays. I am having great fun. I am battling the Red Sox for 1st place. I am up 4 games on them.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahha "I once had a awkward moment to see what it felt like"

How does DM work? Are all the stats manually imputed or is there a program they offer?

Yeah, all my stats are manually entered. DM just give you the basic HTML framework for the page. Everything else is up to the individual user. The custom HTML stuff(overlay screens and video clips) is all stuff I added.

Had to put my Dynasty on hold, my video card is on its last legs and I've got a new one coming. Should have this thing rolling again next weekend.

Upadate:

Well after a hiatus, I'm back to baseball. My old video card finally died on me, and I now have my shiny new card, and WOW... MLB has never looked better or played smoother. As JoeRudi said to me: "It's like someone finally turned the lights ON". :D

Cleveland came to the South Side trailing the Guys in Black by 3.5 games. They cut that down to 2.5 games, taking the series 2-1. Reyes and Westbrook baffled the Sox in games 1 & 2, but it was Mark Buehrle who stepped up big in Game 3. He went deep into the game, having one of his best outings of the year. The win was his 2nd in a row and he's making it hard on Ozzie to send him down.

The Sox will head to 3rd place Minnesota (45-41) for a 3 games series to close out the 1st half of the season. The Twins are coming off a series win against the Yankess, but are still 9.5 games behind the Sox in the AL Central.

As always, check my DM Page for full coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...amp;u=Maestro23

As always, STAY THIRSTY my friends. :hi:

jignmc.jpg

Game Recaps & League News:

post-30931-1249843971_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1249843982_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1249844000_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250044723_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250044737_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250044750_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250044762_thumb.jpg

Looks like we're back in business!  Great updates, M.  Man, it's good to see Buehrle coming around, and none too soon, BTW.  Kind of let's you put a tough decision on the back burner.  Good to see him going deep into games, maybe after 7 losses he's got the "junk" out of his system now.  It would sure be nice to have him operating in the arsenal.

Wow, 5 pitchers on the A.L. leader board, can't complain about that.

Good to see you back on track, M, looking forward to the rest of the season.   B)

Looks like we're back in business!  Great updates, M.  Man, it's good to see Buehrle coming around, and none too soon, BTW.  Kind of let's you put a tough decision on the back burner.  Good to see him going deep into games, maybe after 7 losses he's got the "junk" out of his system now.  It would sure be nice to have him operating in the arsenal.

Wow, 5 pitchers on the A.L. leader board, can't complain about that.

Good to see you back on track, M, looking forward to the rest of the season.   B)

Thanks Jay. I am really glad Buehrle is starting to turn the corner. Good way for him to finish up heading into the break.

I'm glad he stepped up in that 3rd game and the damn bats finally woke up. Reyes and Westbrook just owned my butt. Heck Reyes has pitched well against me all season.

I can't fall asleep against the Twins though, they just took 2 of 3 from the Yankees. Hope I can get the bats going. My big bats have been quiet lately, and its been the little guys stepping up.

Update:

All-Star break is here. Sox limp into the break, losing 4 of their last 6. The Twins sent them home, taking their series 2-1. Sox played hard in the final game, but the bullpen collapsed.

Big Jim Thome and J. Dye represented us in St. Louis for the All-Star game. The AL won 2-0 in a 15-inning marathon game. Starters J. Santana and CC Sabathia put on a pitching clinic.

Big Jim Thome was crowned the HR Derby champion, as he put on a power display for the denizens of St. Louis. :clapping:

zxk16q.jpg

Ozzie has decreed that Mark Buehrle will not lose his spot in the rotation.... For now. <_<

As always, check the DM page for full-coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...3&sport=mlb

As always, STAY THIRSTY my friends. :hi:

2ljl5hh.jpg

Game Recaps and League News:

post-30931-1250041447_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250041462_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250041481_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250041511_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250041531_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250041544_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250041558_thumb.jpg

Update:

Sox run into some good pitching and drop 2 of 3 to the O's. See their lead over Cleveland shrink to just 1 game.

Dye saves Sox from sweep, going 4-for-4 with 2 homeruns.

Now gearing up for a big 4-game series against 1st-place Tampa Bay.

As always, check my DM-Page for full coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...3&sport=mlb

STAY THIRSTY, my friends: :hi:

2zsy1wy.jpg

Baltimore Game Recaps & League News:

post-30931-1250192846_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250192856_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250192867_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250192887_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250192898_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250192908_thumb.jpg

Couple of tough losses to the O's, Maestro, I'm actually in the middle of a series with them myself.  If the Rays are as tough as they are in MVP, this is going to be one tight series, especially now that every win counts. 

Man, you playin' some "catch up" or what??  Careful down in that dungeon, things start to look "real" after so long..   :D

Seriously man, great updates, these races are starting to heat up.

Couple of tough losses to the O's, Maestro, I'm actually in the middle of a series with them myself.  If the Rays are as tough as they are in MVP, this is going to be one tight series, especially now that every win counts. 

Man, you playin' some "catch up" or what??  Careful down in that dungeon, things start to look "real" after so long..   :D

Seriously man, great updates, these races are starting to heat up.

ROFL. :rofl:

Thanks Jay. Yeah, Ozzie is not too happy with the way the team is hitting right now. The hitting coach better be looking over his shoulder. (Hey, look what the Cubs did to theirs). <_<

I knocked out these 2 series before I knew what happened. That new card makes me want to play more... makes a hell of a difference. :lol:

Yeah, the Rays have been playing some good ball over there in the East. I am not looking forward to facing that rotation, not with the way my hitting has been.

Looking forward to your updates as well man.

Update:

Rays come to the South Side and run all over the Sox. Sox started the series with a bang, winning the 1st game in a route. Madden then released his "hounds" in games 2-4 and ran the Sox in the ground. S. Kazmir tossed a complete-game also.

Lead is down to just 1/2 game over the Tribe.

Sox head to Motown next, for a 3-game series against the Tigers (47-47).

Contreras will be seeking his 12th win of the year.

As always, check my DM-page for full-coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...3&sport=mlb

STAY THIRSTY, my friends. :hi:

wvbjwh.jpg

TB Series Recap and League News:

post-30931-1250453670_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250453680_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250453692_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250453702_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250453783_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250453797_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250453813_thumb.jpg

Tough series, M.  It seems once Tampa Bay gets on the basepaths, it's hard to keep them from putting runs on the board.  Should be interesting to see how you handle the 47-47 Tigers, hopefully you can create some room at the top of the division.

Very tough Jay. I dreaded giving up a base hit to either Crawford, Upton, or Bartlett. And then those safety squeezes just killed me. <_<

Hopefully Motown will be good to me. B)

Update:

Sox leave Motown singing the Blues.

Tigers win series 2-1, including a game 3 rout of 18-4. Brandon Inge had a hell of a series.

Nothing is clicking right now, and Ozzie is searching for answers. The Sox are 3-7 since the break, and have just seen the Tribe take over 1st place by 1/2 a game.

Next, we head to Minnesota for a 3-game series, before hosting the Yankees back on the South Side.

As always, check my DM-Page for full-coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...3&sport=mlb

egg1x.jpg

Tiger Recaps and League News:

post-30931-1250744217_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250744228_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250744238_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250744255_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250744267_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1250744282_thumb.jpg

Holy cow, Game 3 looked like a nightmare.   :huh:  Wow, Contreras at 12-2, you gotta be loving that.  Looks like your boys like playing on the road better than at home, pretty impressive road record.

Careful, M, 1/2 game back can turn into 6 or 7 in a hurry.  I should know.   :D

Holy cow, Game 3 looked like a nightmare.   :huh:  Wow, Contreras at 12-2, you gotta be loving that.  Looks like your boys like playing on the road better than at home, pretty impressive road record.

Careful, M, 1/2 game back can turn into 6 or 7 in a hurry.  I should know.   :D

Jay, I'm afraid this 1/2 game back is the beginning of a slippery slope. The Tribe win when I win, and lose when I lose, it seems like. <_<

Ozzie still wakes up late at night, mumbling about that last game. ^_^ I just wanted to get that game over, when they got 14 runs, I just started pitching to contact. B)

Contreras has been the surprise ace of the staff. Who would have thought? He always seems to be on the mound when I need to stop the bleeding. As far as that home record goes, it's those damn South Side trade winds that keep our balls from leaving the park. :D

Update:

Sox get a much needed 2-1 series win against the Twins.

Remain 1/2 game behind Cleveland.

Returning home to the South Side for a crucial 4-game series against the Yankees.

As always, check out my DM-Page for full coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...3&sport=mlb

347k74l.jpg

Minnesota Recaps and League News:

post-30931-1251273128_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1251273139_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1251273149_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1251273170_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1251273183_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1251273200_thumb.jpg

Way to pull out that series, M, not to mention the 2-1 squeaker in game 3.  You gotta love those kind of wins, especially when it means staying even with the first place team in the division.  Coincidently, Cleveland has taken over in the Central for me as well.

Looks a little interesting out in the N.L. West too, San Diego at the top and the Dodgers at the bottom?  Wonder how that scenario has played out.  Still though, I see the Rockies breathing down their neck for first place.

Great update man, and congrats with Danks, looks like you should be solidifying a playoff spot with performances like these.   B)  

Way to pull out that series, M, not to mention the 2-1 squeaker in game 3.  You gotta love those kind of wins, especially when it means staying even with the first place team in the division.  Coincidently, Cleveland has taken over in the Central for me as well.

Looks a little interesting out in the N.L. West too, San Diego at the top and the Dodgers at the bottom?  Wonder how that scenario has played out.  Still though, I see the Rockies breathing down their neck for first place.

Great update man, and congrats with Danks, looks like you should be solidifying a playoff spot with performances like these.   B)  

Thanks Jay. Yeah, there are some good, tight races around the league. I tell ya who has caught my eye.. St. Louis. I can remember when they were like 12-13 behind the Cubs, Brew Crew. They have cut that lead to 6.5 games. :o

I look up and Ankiel is in the top 5 of a couple of the batting categories, and Franklin is tied with Jenks for leads in Saves. Those damn Cardinals are doing something right. Damn them, all to hell. :D

Not looking forward to this 4-game series with the Yankees.

Archived