Do Major Gameplay Issues Still Exist?

dabanara

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do Major Gameplay Issues Still Exist?

• yes
    • no

I agree, I have had several errors in My Player (minor league fielders just suck).

My Player is a bit frustrating though. I've had times when my pitch count was over 100 and they still left me in with the bases loaded. Overall a bit frustrating trying to win a game. I've had two straight no-decisions.

don't know about the double switch, cause i have not tried it yet but your wrong about injuries(however there is no injury notification), and errors.

I should clarify that injuries and errors basically only happen when you sim. You might see an occasional throwing error when you play your games out, but no one as far as I know has seen a player bobble a ground ball or drop a pop fly. I'm just playing games out cpu vs. cpu right now to see what kind of stats the default settings create, but I haven't seen a single error in about 10 total games.

I haven't actually tried a double switch but others have reported that it can't be done.

I should clarify that injuries and errors basically only happen when you sim. You might see an occasional throwing error when you play your games out, but no one as far as I know has seen a player bobble a ground ball or drop a pop fly. I'm just playing games out cpu vs. cpu right now to see what kind of stats the default settings create, but I haven't seen a single error in about 10 total games.

I haven't actually tried a double switch but others have reported that it can't be done.

i had curtis granderson drop the most routine pop fly you'll ever see.(i was shocked) however, i should clarify, im using the 360 version. dont know what you guys are playing on?

don't know about the double switch, cause i have not tried it yet but your wrong about injuries(however there is no injury notification), and errors.

As far as the double-switch, I've seen the option but haven't tried it yet. Can't speak about the injuries, as I have had the option turned off (due to the horrendously high rate of long injuries last year). On the errors, though, how many games have you played? So far after eight games played I've seen a couple of errors, but none of them involved bobbles, boots, drops, ect. The only error in the field wasn't even a "real" error, my runner beat out a bunt up the first base line that the 1B charged and the pitcher couldn't get to the bag in time. The only others I've seen were all wild pitches, one in which my batter struck out and made it to first before the throw. Hopefully, they'll address it in the April patch.

Next time I get a chance, I'll try the double switch and see if it works and report back with my findings.

UPDATE: Double-switching seems to work. Went to the batters list and selected the fielder I wanted to replace and it brought up a sub-menu containing the option. Then selected the pitcher I wanted to come in, followed by the fielding sub. Can't tell you if it properly changes their respective spots in the lineup, as the game I did it in was under AL DH rules.

The biggest problem I have is that I seem to hit an ungodly amount of HR (avg 3-4 a game), and the pickoffs. I've been picked off of second 5 or 6 times, often when in the middle of taking a step towards third. Have even been picked off of first with only a one or two step lead. The computer is equally at risk of being picked off. In about 9 games there has been a double-digit amount of successful picks. May be due to the fact that there is no throw power meter on during picks, but I doubt that matters since every throw seems to be a cannon shot regardless of the meter.

Have done a double switch on PC and it worked.

Have seen errors(very few but can be adjusted by players fielding ratings)

Injuries do occur in sim but yet to see one in gameplay (but im sure that is an easy fix for the first patch since they are in the game)

I have yet to be picked off in 20 plus games...I'm wondering why others are having such a problem with this???

2K's forum states that they have already started working on a patch that is expected to be out in mid April.

IMO this is a far more sound baseball game than last years and if your PC has the muscle to handle it then it plays much better than any of the consoles. My belief is that with a patch and a strong modding community this game can become very very good. Something that 2K may be able to improve on again next year and so on...Don't give up just yet.

The problem is, 2k has a reputation of not patching PC versions. They never really fixed 2k9 that I am aware of, and NBA 2k10 has still not had a patch for PC. They focus on the 360, and PS3 versions, and leave the PC guys here out in the cold.

Until you see an actual patch for the PC version, I suggest you don't get too excited about the talk of them putting out a patch in April.

I hope they do, and I hope it actually fixes the major issues. I want a new PC game, but I wont buy this one until I know they are actually fixing the issues.

If you're a true baseball fan, you shouldn't buy this game. I waited to make my decision whether to buy it or get it by other means and I chose the ladder. Screw that. Without injuries and errors ( two core aspects of major league baseball ), they ain't gettin' my $30.

If you're a true baseball fan, you shouldn't buy this game. I waited to make my decision whether to buy it or get it by other means and I chose the ladder. Screw that. Without injuries and errors ( two core aspects of major league baseball ), they ain't gettin' my $30.

errors are fixed with sliders

and I have only played 30 games into a franchise but I have 2 players on DL

UPDATE: Double-switching seems to work. Went to the batters list and selected the fielder I wanted to replace and it brought up a sub-menu containing the option. Then selected the pitcher I wanted to come in, followed by the fielding sub. Can't tell you if it properly changes their respective spots in the lineup, as the game I did it in was under AL DH rules.

The biggest problem I have is that I seem to hit an ungodly amount of HR (avg 3-4 a game), and the pickoffs. I've been picked off of second 5 or 6 times, often when in the middle of taking a step towards third. Have even been picked off of first with only a one or two step lead. The computer is equally at risk of being picked off. In about 9 games there has been a double-digit amount of successful picks. May be due to the fact that there is no throw power meter on during picks, but I doubt that matters since every throw seems to be a cannon shot regardless of the meter.

I've played about 12 games now and I too have been picked off at 2nd a half dozens times. Infielders arms are unbelievably strong where as the outfield seems pretty normal. But i've yet to see one single error in 12 games so far.

So now we know there IS a double switch.

Errors DO occur during games..maybe not as much as some would like but that can be fixed by editing outfielders fielding ratings.

Injuries DO occur as well.(seems to me the further into the season you play the more they occur)

I see no make or break issues with this game. Definitely worth the $30 for PC. They made 2 official patches for 2k9 on PC so leaving PC gamers "out in the cold" isn't really how it goes.

This is a crappy poll, the post topic asks one question and the poll asks the opposite

You are going to get false positive results

lol i just realized that... and i agree.

can a mod reset the poll and change the question same as the topic question? thanks.

Archived