Hi Res Pics Of This Beautiful Game On The Pc...

boricuapapi1885

CitiField Looks Great To Say The Least

mlb2k102010030803144093.png

Look At The Tremendous Detail on The Numbers on The Phillies Jerseys

mlb2k102010030803130382.png

As Well As The Detail on The Mets Jerseys

mlb2k102010030803112934.png

Something I Noticed... Look At Jason Bays Hair Messed Up lol... Very Realistic

mlb2k102010030803102198.png

A Zoomed Away Shot Of Jason Bay Before He Bats

mlb2k102010030803084190.png

I Think I Had a Ghost With Me While I Was taking These Shots lol... Look At That White Blur

mlb2k102010030803072356.png

Showing Of That Batting Camera Angle

mlb2k102010030803070498.png

Great Image Quality... Look A Cole Hammels Face... Looks Just Like Him

mlb2k102010030803065241.png

Tremendous Detail This Year... Look at The Bricks...

mlb2k102010030803041105.png

Now Why Couldnt it look like this on the console version i dont know and frankly i dont care... This game looks awhole lot better on the pc and plays great besides some bugs which are currently being worked on by 2k... Lets hope they keep the same development team so they can improve on this game for years to come and not start over like they normally do...

Here are my computer specs by the way... On Hi 1920x1080 res And everything maxed out... Runs smooth as silk

|AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 3.1GHz ||Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 512MB ||| 4x2GB OCZ Reaper HPC Edition DDR2 800 ||ASUS M4N72-E AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI ATX

Couldn't agree more about the graphics- as soon as I started playing, the first thing I noticed was how great they looked. Not just that, but how smooth they are when in motion- it's such a massive upgrade over 2k9 that it's hard to believe they're the same series.

Those screenshots look FANTASTIC!!

Do you think my pc is good enough for MLB 2k10?

Intel Pentium 4

2,8 gHz

2 GB RAM

256 MB graphic card (Radeon)

I don't want to buy the game without knowing its requirements.

It will mostly depend on the graphic card. What model do you have?

Ahhh I hate these kinda threads...makes me wanna just buy this thing and give it a shot lol!

I say get it... Its 30 dollars and for once better than the console version trust me i have both... Plus with all thge mods that will come out for this game... You will love it

8X AGP Version

ATI Radeon X1600 Pro

256 MB

That card is a bit old. I think you should be able to run the game at lower resolution with decent quality. It won't look like those images, but it should be playable.

Maybe check the specs for 2k9, see what's the minumum card recommended. For lack of better information (thank you 2k!), 2k10 should have similar requirements.

Have you noticed any issues with reflections and shadows?

On mine, the reflections off equipment can be black blotches that are most noticeable in sunlight.

The shadows on uniforms can be quite jaggy in spots and not very smooth. Kinda looks like a shadow from hack saw blade.

I'm have a quad core q6600 with an 8800GT, but can't seem to get rid of the above. Everything else looks great, though :)

That card is a bit old. I think you should be able to run the game at lower resolution with decent quality. It won't look like those images, but it should be playable.

Maybe check the specs for 2k9, see what's the minumum card recommended. For lack of better information (thank you 2k!), 2k10 should have similar requirements.

Probably the main thing to consider with an older card is does it have, forgive me if I say it wrong, but I think it is shader 3.0 support. If it doesn't you wont be able to play.

Also, somewhere in one of the threads, someone posted the specs right off the box. Unfortunately it wasn't in it's own thread, it was one of the earlier review threads that started on the 2nd, or 3rd of this month if I remember right.

It really is a gorgeous game of baseball, isn't it? I'm running at 1920x1080 as well with everything maxed. Stunning is the only word I can think to describe it running this beautifully and at over 90 fps. :yahoo:

I'm running on a Pentium i7 920, a Geforce 260 GTX, and 9 gigs of RAM. It's a new gaming rig that I just built in January.

What does the MSAA quality number mean? Anyone? I've got MSAA on, but is the quality number better higher or lower?

Taken from the back of the DVD case:

Min. Req.

CPU: Pent 4 2.4GHz & 2.8GHz for Vista

RAM: 512MB, 1GB for Vista

Video: Card with 128MB of memory and one of the following chipsets: ATI x1300 or better, NVIDIA 6600 or better DX 9.0c compatible with Shader Model 3.0 support

Recommended

CPU: 3GHz Dual-Core

RAM: 2GB

Video: Card with 512MB of memory (Nvidia Geforce 7900GT or better) and DX 9.0c compatible with Shader Model 3.0 support

Presumably, the specs listed for Vista would apply to Win 7 as well.

What does the MSAA quality number mean? Anyone? I've got MSAA on, but is the quality number better higher or lower?

Only applicable listing I could find was the following:

In order for assistive technologies (AT) to convey meaningful information to users about an application's user interface, the AT first must be able to access that information from the application. Microsoft's solution to this problem is Microsoft® Active Accessibility® (MSAA), which has been available as an add-on since Windows® 95 and built into subsequent Windows® releases. MSAA is a technology that provides a standard, consistent mechanism for exchanging information between applications and assistive technologies. For example, MSAA allows applications to expose screen readers to the type, name, location, and current state of all objects and notifies screen readers of any Windows event that leads to a user interface change.

Although it is not the only way for an application to communicate with assistive technology, MSAA allows AT developers to support a broader variety of applications without custom programming for each one. The number of applications that support MSAA is growing, although there still are many popular applications that do not support it.

Not sure if that's what the option is referring to or not. Perhaps that is why it registers and allows you to correct an unplugged gamepad. I know a lot of games on the PC that won't re-enable a gamepad once it is disconnected without a restart.

Think you were a victim of too many identical acronyms, Norag :)

MSAA stands for, in this case, Multi-Sample Anti-aliasing.

Thanks for the clarification, bro. Now I can let the wife know that she isn't the only one that has to correct me, LOL :D

yeah, there is no similarities when comparing console to pc. the console versions look horrible. I am selling my console version because i can't stand to look at it anymore. plus I have the show for the ps3 anyway. running mine at 1920 x 1200 with smooth framerate. now to just add mods and hopefully 2k patches this game more. especially for the steroid arms

It really is a gorgeous game of baseball, isn't it? I'm running at 1920x1080 as well with everything maxed. Stunning is the only word I can think to describe it running this beautifully and at over 90 fps. :yahoo:

I'm running on a Pentium i7 920, a Geforce 260 GTX, and 9 gigs of RAM. It's a new gaming rig that I just built in January.

9 gigs of RAM.. wtf ya doin' with 9 gigs of RAM ? LOL - I mean.. You're never gonna use even half of that - unless you have a cad program open, multiple internet explorer browsers open with multiple tabs, AND while runnin' a game..

I'm just bustin' your balls a bit, but why did you go with 9 anyway ?

9 gigs of RAM.. wtf ya doin' with 9 gigs of RAM ? LOL - I mean.. You're never gonna use even half of that - unless you have a cad program open, multiple internet explorer browsers open with multiple tabs, AND while runnin' a game..

I'm just bustin' your balls a bit, but why did you go with 9 anyway ?

Or controlling the Space Station from home? :pardon:

Just messing too. :)

Ha, I have 8 GB of RAM...the computer was a steal for $700 with that, but I figure eventually 8 Gigs will be the norm and will start putzing...I remember when I got my laptop 5 years back with 2 GB...now it is a dinosaur!

Anyways...the graphics look incredible I must say...That is what makes it so hard for this game, because of the awful gameplay bugs...but the beauty makes up a LITTLE for it.

Archived