Who Should Win the MVP Award?

five

Who Should Win the MVP Award?  

12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Marcus Giles
    • Juan Pierre

I stopped playing MVP ages ago, when NCAA and San Andreas came out. I recently picked it back up and finished my first season.

I played all of the games, without simming any of them. I had several candidates for MVP, the two most notable are in the spreadsheet below.

mvp-stats2-lt.jpg

The number to the right of the stat, is where the player finished the season ranked (MLB wise) in that statistical category. Any stat in RED indicates that the player set the all-time record.

My question to you, based on the stats, who would you award the MVP to? After a day or two, I will post who the computer chose.

I stopped playing MVP ages ago, when NCAA and San Andreas came out. I recently picked it back up and finished my first season.

I played all of the games, without simming any of them. I had several candidates for MVP, the two most notable are in the spreadsheet below.

mvp-stats.jpg

The number to the right of the stat, is where the player finished the season ranked (MLB wise) in that statistical category. Any stat in RED indicates that the player set the all-time record.

My question to you, based on the stats, who would you award the MVP to? After a day or two, I will post who the computer chose.

neither should win,they walked 7 times between them

you play this game and take walks? I guarantee I don't - and I bet those 7 walks were all intentional

I don't take too many walks, most of them were hit-by-pitch walks, more than likely. I don't strike out too much, but I like to put the ball in play.

my real accomplishment is winning a Cy Young Award with Chad Bentz, without editting him

Yeah, I won a bunch of awards, among them were the ROTY and Cy Young with Dewon Brazelton and the Rolaids Relief with John Rocker.

Ohhh you weren't on all-star the first half? Well then, that makes those numbers seem less ridiculous. What difficulty did you play the first half of the season on? Well anyway, I'd definitely give the MVP to Giles, he brought all of the runs in, and those 234 sb's would have been a waste if Giles wasn't there to knock him in. By the way, did you ever steal home with Pierre?

What difficulty did you play the first half of the season on?

Whatever is right below All Star. Pro I am guessing. I doubt I will play another season in MVP 04, but if I do I'll go ahead and bump it up to MVP. I am using rod's data file, not sure which version.

By the way, did you ever steal home with Pierre?

A few times, usually I was trying for a suicide squeeze and I would miss the bunt. I don't think that I ever tried to steal home, straight out.

i did with mike piazza once....IT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING IN THE WORLD............i was up 21-4 back when i played on pro and piazza was on 3rd with 1 out. i thought "heck nothing to lose" i brke home and i barrled the cather...........AND HE didnt make it.....he was called out...lol :-)

The fact that you didn't adjust your sliders/datafile to make steals more realistic is comical.

I disagree about the sliders/datafile, what isn't realistic is how much I run. I run just about every time Pierre gets on base. That's why the stat is so high, not because of a slider somewhere. If someone had close to 300 attempts in one season, they would have a high total as well.

For 300 attempts, how many do you thing should be successful?

My point is that it was me running so much that made it excessive, not some slider/datafile.

If I had Pierre on my team I would run him every time he got on first too. The thing is that the sliders make it easier to steal. If the stealing speed is lower then you won't want to make as many attempts because you would have a greater chance of getting caught.

Since we're on the topic of stealing, why doesn't the computer ever try to steal on me?

I'll tell you what is crazy, I just got finished with the ALDS vs. the Yankees and they tried to steal on me 8 times in a 4 game series. During the regular season, I had 4 attempts (against me) for the season.

Archived