Fastballs

jg2977

Why do fastballs always get crushed in this game? Great pitchers like Randy Johnson and Roger Clemens always get nailed. It's really unrealistic. Even if I place the ball right on the outside corner, a perfect pitch, it gets hit hard.

And why is Tim Wakefield the best pitcher? Nobody can hit his damn knuckleball. I even have trouble hitting it on the pro level. I've played about five times against him and have never scored more than four runs off of him.

I faced both recently. Wakefield killed me, I got something like 2 hits over 9 innings and when I played the A's yesterday, Mark Redman had me messed up in the first couple of innings, but I adjusted in the 4th and started getting a hit here and there. Weird thing is, I did better against him with lefties instead of righties. I just saw the ball better. Made me wish there was an option to choose which side you wanted switch-hitters to hit from.

And I don't think fastballs do get crushed every time. I'm pretty succcessfull with them. It depends when and where you throw them.

Made me wish there was an option to choose which side you wanted switch-hitters to hit from.

I used to play this game on the NES called RBI Baseball 3 and it had this option. I still play it on my dreamcast with an emulator.

Great memories.

You guys really have a lot of trouble with Wakefield? I never thought he was that great in the game. But then again, I've never tried to hit off of him, as I'm always the Red Sox in my dynasties, and if I'm not them I'm a National League team so I've never faced him. However, when I use him to pitch he's never been really amazing. Once in a while I get great starts out of him with 15 k's or so, but not regularly. I guess the computer knows how to hit him well. I only had one amazing season with him, and it really was amazing, going 27-1 with a 2.04 era, but now I'm in the year 2010 and he's about 44, so he only gets used in long relief.

Wakefield is not as hard to beat as everyone thinks he is in my honest opinion. But frickin' Mark Redman, there hasn't been a game where he HAS NOT stuck me out over 10 times. That delivery of his gives me fits.

I hate that dude. Everytime i see i have to face him, I just SIM or Manage.

I remember the first time I used Kams Combo Mod... AJ Burnett threw 8 innings of perfect baseball. It was unbelieveable. i finally got the hang of it now.

Wakefield is not as hard to beat as everyone thinks he is in my honest opinion. But frickin' Mark Redman, there hasn't been a game where he HAS NOT stuck me out over 10 times. That delivery of his gives me fits.

hey swingin' its bill from yankeesgm.

Archived