Boston Bruins Painful Collapse

Hockey fans may have witnessed arguably the single biggest chokes in sports history. Boston Bruins completed the ultimate humiliation. Up 3 games to none to Flyers, they completely collapsed. If that wasn't bad enough, the Bruins were up 3-0 in the 1st period of game 7 at home and still managed to lose. And the game winning goal was scored on a power play because the Bruins had too many men on the ice penalty. The worst nightmare has become reality.

My second favorite hockey team comes from down 3-0...I love it...

Listen, during the pre season I heard Barry Melrose pick the Blackhawks and the Flyers to meet in the finals, and the Hawks to win the Cup... I really had not followed the Flyers in probably 7 years, so I had to do some research on them. Once I did, I decided I liked his picks, and that was who I was picking/rooting for. I wont go so far as to say these are my picks, since it was Melrose who first picked them, but it is who I have been telling people since the pre season would make it to the finals. 4 wins away for each team.

I am picking the Blackhawks in 6 (they pretty much dominated the Sharks during the season), and I see no reason why the Flyers can't beat Montreal. Honestly, for the history of it all, I would prefer the Canadiens to make it to the finals, but since I originally went with the Flyers, I am sticking to that pick.

I can't wait for tomorrows games to start.

I felt sorry for the Bruins. I don't know how it was even possible. I mean not only losing the 3-0 lead in series, they also lose 3-0 lead in game 7.

But look at the bright side... it's not an old team and the young goalie Rask is phenomenal... I think Bruins is going to be very strong team in the next 5 years. Lots of good players... and who doesn't love Milan Lucic... new Cam Neely in the making...

Archived