Come on EA! Stadium shadows on the wrong side AGAIN!

donjn

Every year same thing. Shadows NEVER happen on the right side of the field!! NEVER. Unless you play a game at 10am in the morning, shadows should only take place on the left side, as home plate toward center field always points Northeast. Yankee Stadium, Dodger Stadium and a couple others are wrong in MVP every year..

OK, so once it's never, then it's never again, then you provide circumstance in which it could happen? Not only is the logic flawed, but who of importance actually cares? I don't give a damn if every stadium has a bright yellow wall along with 2 foot tall walls and the grasss is bright blue, as long as the stadiums can be modified by the great modding community here and on other sites. If they couldn't, then yes, it's a problem that I wouldn't be too happy with, to say the least. But, as far as I know, it's pretty doubtful.

OK, so once it's never, then it's never again, then you provide circumstance in which it could happen? Not only is the logic flawed, but who of importance actually cares? I don't give a damn if every stadium has a bright yellow wall along with 2 foot tall walls and the grasss is bright blue, as long as the stadiums can be modified by the great modding community here and on other sites. If they couldn't, then yes, it's a problem that I wouldn't be too happy with, to say the least. But, as far as I know, it's pretty doubtful.

2 foot tall walls and the grasss is bright blue............hmm theres gota be some sort of D[naughty word] that can arrange that :-) lol

RedSoxFox7: Not one shadow is on the field in those pictures. Plus they are early shots. The first one is during a warmup of an early game. Prob shot at 11:30am.

The shadows in the crowd mean nothing. They change and whip around. However I dare you to show me any stadium at 2-3pm that has shadows on the right side of the playing field...And please, no Photoshop reversals of the picture.

The shadow location depends on what way the stadium is situated and what time of day. If the stadium is pointed north, and its after noon, the sun will be on the left side and so will the shadows. I am not sure what the orientation of these stadiums that you talk about are but that's how it is.

Every stadium in BASEBALL HISTORY is the same.

Standing on home plate and looking to the outfield:

Left Field = North

Center Field = NorthEast

Right Field = East

Home plate is always located in the Southwestern part of the stadium.

Every wonder where they get the expression "southpaw"? Because when lefties pitch, their arm swings around from the south.

Every Stadium IS aimed the same way as mentioned. The only two exceptions I know of are Miller Park Milwaukee and whatever they call Comiskey in Chicago now - those two aim from northwest to southeast. All others, as far as I know, do aim southwest to northeast. I've always wondered why this is. It's true for the old time parks also. Anybody know if the minor league parks mostly do the same also??

Every Stadium IS aimed the same way as mentioned. The only two exceptions I know of are Miller Park Milwaukee and whatever they call Comiskey in Chicago now - those two aim from northwest to southeast. All others, as far as I know, do aim southwest to northeast. I've always wondered why this is. It's true for the old time parks also. Anybody know if the minor league parks mostly do the same also??

Old Comiskey is now called US Cellular Field, and it is an exception to that rule, as you said.

OK, I know this may seem weird, but I think there's some truth to it.

I thought I heard once before something about imagining the baseball diamond as a mathematical graph, with the first-base line as the x axis and the third base line as the y-axix, making home plate the graph's point of origin.

Now, imagine that same graph as a map. That would put home plate in the southwest corner facing toward the northeast.

Like I said, bizarre.

More useless directional information:

The Old (original) Comiskey Park followed along that same rule with right field to the east and left field to the north.

The gate behind home plate was on the northeast corner of 35th Street (east-west) and Shields Ave (north-south).

When they built New Comiskey (now known as US Cellular) on land just south of the original park, they decided to keep the home-plate gate at the same intersection- on the southeast corner. That is why that stadium is an exception to the directional rule.

I'm not quite sure why Miller Park breaks the rule, but I think it was for a similar reason.

Archived