Mvp 2005 Error Msg "Mvp2005.Exe Has Stopped Working"

ladslad

Hey man..I'm a Yankees fan from Australia trying to get this mvp edit program working with new 2010 rosters for mvp 2005.....Im getting this error.......>>>

"The rosters showed up in-game, but when I try to play a game with them, the game closes with an error message and takes me back to the desktop." (The error says "mvp2005.exe has stopped working")

I have tried this solution....>>>

"There are a few things that could cause this, but the most common one seems to be using inaccurate face ID's or audio/photo ID's. Load the rosters in MVPEdit, then check through the players on the teams you selected to make sure that you haven't set an incorrect face or audio/photo ID."

But no luck.....Any assistance would be appreciated...I LOVE THIS GAME....

Ok!

Where did you download the game from?

The game was a lend from a friend and i now have bugged him so much he gave it to me. I didnt think it would work on vista. But i had no problems. I downloaded the mvpedit file from this website and a allstar roster....it seemed to load fine. Simulated a few games and tried to play the all-star game in dynasty mode and keep getting the error msg "mvp2005.exe has stopped working"

All the rosters are listed in the game. Some of the photo's are missing for the more recent players in Mvp edit and Mvp 2005...

And everything seems fine until half way thru loading any game, i get the same error...whether in exhibition mode or dynasty...

The roster i downloaded is the second one down the list on this page (http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=6)

posted by Willy Bling....2010 All Star Roster....

Just wanted to add that the error msg occurs half way thru the loading process at %50....after i have chosen the pitcher i want to use, my uniform etc.

The game still works fine when playing with the original rosters. But one strange thing i have had a similar error before i used any mods. But it only happened once or twice over the course of 3 months and never was an issue. I would just restart the game and it would work fine...

Also sometimes i get a slower playing speed. Like the game is in slow motion. Its never really bothered me though, i would just quit the game and start again and it wouldnt happen again. This has happened maybe 10 times over 3 months. I'm not really worried about these issues i just thought it might help in solving my original problems with getting the updated rosters too work...

Thanks

Moved to the MVP '05 Support forum.

Ladslad, you need to check out this thread and post the information requested in it. That way, we know what kind of config you're running and can help out.

Checked out the thread....I have tried to cover some of the things it outliunes in the latest post. Any feedback would be appreciated...

Thanks

Anyone.....please. Im dying to get any roster update working. I would give my left arm.....

Please do not bump your posts.

Now try this different roster because I think this really is a roster issue. This is a new roster released today. Download it right here.

Don't PM me about this anymore because if you have questions about this I want others to see it too so they can chip in with their opinion. A lot of these people know more about this game then I ever will.

Please do not bump your posts.

Now try this different roster because I think this really is a roster issue. This is a new roster released today. Download it right here.

Don't PM me about this anymore because if you have questions about this I want others to see it too so they can chip in with their opinion. A lot of these people know more about this game then I ever will.

Sorry about the PM'ing...Thanks for your all your help. But i cant download that file, apparently i have reached my limit for today. But the last time i downloaded was the faulty roster yesterday. Is there any way i can get you to email the file to me or another way of getting it...??

Sorry about the PM'ing...Thanks for your all your help. But i cant download that file, apparently i have reached my limit for today. But the last time i downloaded was the faulty roster yesterday. Is there any way i can get you to email the file to me or another way of getting it...??

No.

The only thing I can think of here is that one or more cyberfaces are missing from your models.big file. Have you tried this multiple times with different teams or always with the same team? Have you checked the lineups and pitching rotations for the teams you are using to make sure that they are correct?

When you checked the roster in MVPEdit, did you turn on faces and then go to the Appearance tab and scroll through one player at a time looking to see if the face exists? If you have a face number other than 900 - 915 that displays "No picture found", that will be your problem.

Got it working with the new roster's. Thanks guys, i will subscribe as soon as i get paid this week so i can get more rosters. I dont think this game will ever get old now. Timeless thing of beauty. Thanks Mark B, Yankees4Life and Jim for you input. Cant even use it now, im off to watch the yankees game...how ironic.....LOL

Once again

Thankx

• 1 year later...

Did you install any mods? If so, which ones? Did you install the game from discs or did you download it?

I downloaded it. I didnt install any mods. I tried playing with the default rosters and after I completed the first game in owner mode and it did it again. Does it matter if I downloaded it?

I downloaded it. I didnt install any mods. I tried playing with the default rosters and after I completed the first game in owner mode and it did it again. Does it matter if I downloaded it?

IT SURE DOES!! :mad:

One of the most important rules on this website is that we do not condone software piracy and do not provide support to those who have obtained the game illegally. You can read this in the forum rules: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

If you buy the game legally, we'll be glad to help. Otherwise, please do not ask any more questions. Doing so will result in you being banned from this website.

IT SURE DOES!! :mad:

One of the most important rules on this website is that we do not condone software piracy and do not provide support to those who have obtained the game illegally. You can read this in the forum rules: http://www.mvpmods.c...tion=boardrules

If you buy the game legally, we'll be glad to help. Otherwise, please do not ask any more questions. Doing so will result in you being banned from this website.

Yea, do u know where i can buy it, cuz everywhere i looked they want between $25-$240 and I dont have that kind of money for a pc game? With no disrespect but if you're gonna ban someone for downloading a game that has been discontinued and that you cant buy anywhere and then asking about it, then you guys need help.

Edited by rjbrunker

Yea, do u know where i can buy it, cuz everywhere i looked they want between $25-$240 and I dont have that kind of money for a pc game?

Well, that's where you buy it. Obviously you looked on Amazon and Ebay. That's what they are selling them for and it is up to you if you want to buy it. The pirated version that you own will give you nothing but trouble when you try to install stuff and that is as far as I will go to explain it to you or help you out further. So what you did here was waste a download from your local neighborhood warez site because as Jim kindly explained you won't get any more help here because of what you did.

Well, that's where you buy it. Obviously you looked on Amazon and Ebay. That's what they are selling them for and it is up to you if you want to buy it. The pirated version that you own will give you nothing but trouble when you try to install stuff and that is as far as I will go to explain it to you or help you out further. So what you did here was waste a download from your local neighborhood warez site because as Jim kindly explained you won't get any more help here because of what you did.

Well, if u would be so kind to tell me where i can get it cheaper instead of acting like you're superior than me cuz i dont wanna pay $200 for a pc game.

Well, if u would be so kind to tell me where i can get it cheaper instead of acting like you're superior than me cuz i dont wanna pay $200 for a pc game.

I'm not acting superior at all but at the same time I have no intention of helping out someone who pirated this game and then comes in here when you have a problem getting the game to work. You get what you pay for pal or in your case, you get what you didn't pay for.

The only place where you can get this game on the internet is just as I stated before. You check ebay for it. That is your best bet. You had better be prepared to pay over $40 for this game because it is a game that is in high demand because of the popularity of it and because of all the mods here.

And I see that you saw that nut on Amazon who has been trying to sell the game for $240. Use your head and just ignore that seller. The guy's been trying to sell that for years and no one has been dumb enough to take the bait yet.

Anyhow, I helped you out again. You can take it any way you want to.

I'm not acting superior at all but at the same time I have no intention of helping out someone who pirated this game and then comes in here when you have a problem getting the game to work. You get what you pay for pal or in your case, you get what you didn't pay for.

The only place where you can get this game on the internet is just as I stated before. You check ebay for it. That is your best bet. You had better be prepared to pay over $40 for this game because it is a game that is in high demand because of the popularity of it and because of all the mods here.

And I see that you saw that nut on Amazon who has been trying to sell the game for $240. Use your head and just ignore that seller. The guy's been trying to sell that for years and no one has been dumb enough to take the bait yet.

Anyhow, I helped you out again. You can take it any way you want to.

Why is it so much for this game?