Wow, Just ...Wow

tebjr

Wow, some idiot at a Braves site I'm on, who apparently has a friend who is a neighbor of somebody in the Cubs front office, has heard rumor that the Orioles wouldn't bring Buck Showalter back next year because they'll be getting Ryne Sandberg because Felix Pie "likes him".

Oh that's just the beginning.

Craig Heyman, who we know as Jason Heyward, doesn't have a chance at the ROY, if not for any other reason than because "Starling" Castro plays for the Cubs. Heyman hasn't done anything this season since he hit that opening day HR off of Carlos "Zambrosa"

The Yankees picked up Kerry Wood because they plan to ship him to the Braves this winter for "Craig Heyman"

The Cubs are going to sign Adam Dunn, then trade him to the White Sox for Bobby Jenks and Omar Vizquel. The Cubs are also going to move Randy Wells to catcher, then move "Carl" Marmel to the rotation.

He thinks the Cubs are going to interview Pete Incavigilia for hitting coach because he "slammed the balls around", but they're leaning towards Keith Moreland because he could also serve as the infield coach since he knew how to play everywhere.

The Cubs also have a deal worked out to send Soriano to the Padres for either Mat Latos or Chris Young, the Cubs are leaning towards taking Young. They will then spin off Young to the Braves for Tim Hudson. The Braves apparently have wanted Young for years because he is "tall"

Reminds me of a guy I sat in front of at Reds game back in the mid 90's I think. Maybe early 90's... Not sure, I just remember Jose Rijo was starting for the Reds.

Anyway, he was telling his son all about baseball, and the Reds, and Cubs players. He was saying guys names wrong, and mixing players last names around (Shawon Sandberg, and "Ryan" Dunston), but the thing that always sticks out the most in my memory was how he pronounced Rijo's name. Instead of saying it like "Reho", he was saying it the way it is spelled, with the J sound.

It was an older guy (strong Hillbilly accent... Not to be mistaken with a strong southern accent), and his son had to be in his 20's. His son was asking him all kinds of questions about things that anyone that was a fan of the game shoulda known, and he was answering everything as though he actually knew what he was talking about. It was everything I could do not to turn around and correct him on 90% of what he said.

Anyway, I know what you mean...

Now he says that since the Yankees put in a claim on Ted Lilly, that means that the Cubs are entitled to get Robinson Cano.

He'll be moved to third, and be the best 3rd baseman the Cubs have had since Ron "Santa"

Ted Lilly is a Dodger now, where in the blue hell are the Cubs even involved with this.

If it was just some troll talking out his rear, I'd just blow it off. But he really believes he knows what he's talking about.

He says he's followed the Cubs since the 80's and has really gotten to know the inner workings of their front office. Think again moron.

Did you know the White Sox are trying to get Rickey Verlander and Chartis Grandmason? That was the reason they claimed Manny. They'll sign him to a max deal this offseason, then move him to the Tigers get those two. When it was brought to his attention that Grandmason is now a Yankee, he replied that the Yankees have agreed to let Tigers use him in a trade. This is apparently what Jim Hendry is telling around Chicago.

Now he says that since the Yankees put in a claim on Ted Lilly, that means that the Cubs are entitled to get Robinson Cano.

He'll be moved to third, and be the best 3rd baseman the Cubs have had since Ron "Santa"

Ted Lilly is a Dodger now, where in the blue hell are the Cubs even involved with this.

Both the Dodgers and Cubs wear blue hats, so it's easy to confuse the two teams. I make the same mistake with the Reds and the Phillies since they both wear red hats. Now, if Cincinnati wears red hats and are called the Reds, how come the Dodgers, who wear blue hats, aren't called the Blues?

I think we should petition Commissioner Bob Selig to change the name of the Dodgers to the Los Angeles Blues. Who's with me?

Please link us to this site. I got to read these pearls of wisdom.

I'd like to Gary, but I found this site on a Braves mailing list, and the only way to get access to the site is through subscription. They were an open site until about 5 months ago, then server costs caught up with them. I think they've changed their setup now so that you have to pay for the subscription and have a reference to get in. At one time they were tied in with Braves-Nation.com, but those guys split a couple of years back.

Jim, I know what you mean. I get the Reds and Red Sox mixed up all the time. The spelling is almost similar.

Reds

Red Sox

See?? It's so confusing.

If MLB has the Red Sox and the Reds, how come they have the White Sox but not the Whites? That doesn't seem fair.

No problem man. Just hearing about what this guy is doing will do.

Do you think he is trolling or is he serious?

I think he's serious. He doesn't just go around posting in all the threads like most trolls do. He tries to carry on conversations with other members, he doesn't start flame wars, and most all of his posts are about the Cubs, who he says are his favorite team. He'll try to defend them when a derogatory post is made about them. He doesn't start any arguments about the other MLB teams. I'm just not sure where his line of thinking is coming from.

I think he's serious. He doesn't just go around posting in all the threads like most trolls do. He tries to carry on conversations with other members, he doesn't start flame wars, and most all of his posts are about the Cubs, who he says are his favorite team. He'll try to defend them when a derogatory post is made about them. He doesn't start any arguments about the other MLB teams. I'm just not sure where his line of thinking is coming from.

To quote you...Wow, just wow.

Somebody just asked him if he is dyslexic, he said no and that he just has trouble with names. I'll give it to him though, he doesn't get mad at anyone when they call him out about what he is saying. He just continues to claim that it's true.

Archived