Rar Files

eaze22

logo.gif

This is pretty elementary stuff. If you don't know how to extract files from multiple archiving formats, you probably shouldn't be trying to install mods in the first place.

7-Zip will handle most archiving formats. Including .RAR.

logo.gif

This is pretty elementary stuff. If you don't know how to extract files from multiple archiving formats, you probably shouldn't be trying to install mods in the first place.

7-Zip will handle most archiving formats. Including .RAR.

Thanks for the response.....specifically MarkB, your retort was THE MOST ASININE ONE I've ever seen on a forum. How do you expect new people to learn and contribute being so a narrow minded jerk......

Wonderful, just wonderful. Another piece of &^%$ that has to have his hand held in a forum and his *** wiped because he doesn't know what the hell he is doing and when someone like Mark told him exactly what to get he still gets pissed off because Mark didn't hold his hand and tell him everything was going to be ok.

God damn people.

Tell you what Mark, don't help anyone in here anymore. They are not worth the time it takes to type a response.

Thanks for the response.....specifically MarkB, your retort was THE MOST ASININE ONE I've ever seen on a forum. How do you expect new people to learn and contribute being so a narrow minded jerk......

You joined in April 2009. New?

You're calling my response asinine, yet you're the one posting on a forum asking how to extract .RAR files. Looked in a mirror lately?

Furthermore, this same question you posted has been asked and answered repeatedly in the past, that was the reason for my last post.

How do you expect new people to learn and contribute being so a narrow minded jerk......

This doesn't even make sense.

Wonderful, just wonderful. Another piece of &^%$ that has to have his hand held in a forum and his *** wiped because he doesn't know what the hell he is doing and when someone like Mark told him exactly what to get he still gets pissed off because Mark didn't hold his hand and tell him everything was going to be ok.

God damn people.

Tell you what Mark, don't help anyone in here anymore. They are not worth the time it takes to type a response.

This a perfect example of why I felt that changes were necessary. There is absolutely no reason to respond to people like this. All he did was ask a simple, harmless question and he didn't deserve the responses he got. Yeah, I get it, he could have searched and found the answer, but why belittle him like that? It went on too long when you were an admin, and it's continuing to happen even now. You could have just as easily pointed him in the right direction.

I certainly wouldn't want to stay here if this is how I was greeted.

With all due respect Trues, he was greeted in June 2009 when I helped him with a frame rate issue for 2K9. He seemed perfectly happy to accept help then, so I don't think he can play the "new" card a year and a half later. I doubt I was a "narrow minded jerk" then. Suddenly, when we tell him to look for the answers to simple questions himself instead of spoon-feeding him the answer, we're narrow minded jerks?

I'm all for helping out new members, but you know my motto for support - give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

eaze22, If you're still around.

In order to extract the .rar files, you will need a program called WinRar, which you can download Here..

Once you extract the files, just read the readme that is included with the stadium and follow the directions on how to install them in your game.

Hope this helps, and hope to see you around in the future.

eaze22, If you're still around.

In order to extract the .rar files, you will need a program called WinRar, which you can download Here..

Once you extract the files, just read the readme that is included with the stadium and follow the directions on how to install them in your game.

Hope this helps, and hope to see you around in the future.

7zip, as mentioned between all the other stuff, by Mark, is also a great tool. If memory serves, winrar is a program that is only temporarily available for use, before you have to pay. I could be wrong, it might continue to let you use it, just with constant reminders to buy it. I rarely use it anymore though, so I really don't remember.

7 zip will pack, or unpack just about any archive I have ever come across. Plus, quite a few of the mods over at MLBmods use 7 zip. It is completely free, with no reminders to buy it.

Either one works great.

So that makes it ok to insult the guy like Y4L did? I don't think so.

Again, with all due respect, I don't either, but I think it's safe to say eaze22 was the person who got the insult meter started here. I went out of my way to word my post in a way that couldn't be taken as offensive or demeaning, and to provide an actual answer to the question, when I could just have used the obligatory "Just search" response. For that, I got called a narrow minded jerk. I'm not trying to play the victim, and I'm not advocating either eaze22 or Y4L's post, but if there's anyone that started the ball rolling, it wasn't Y4L.

Not to interject, but if you had to seek help at another forum and you looked for a bit and couldn't find a solution and you posted it, would you want to be tyrated upon? I understand getting frustrated, but don't scare everyone off because you have a point to prove. Yes I'm sure you guys get tired of answering the same questions OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, but not everyone hears the same answer. It's like raising a child. They will ask the same question over and over again, but you just gotta answer it. Throwing a temper tantrum and saying find out yourself ain't gonna cut it.

Not to interject

You can interject at any time you want. Not only have you been an upstanding member, but you've contributed to the best baseball site on the planet.

Your values and opinions are more than welcome, that's what makes it all work.

Thanks for the input SSX, it's always good  to hear from people like you.

Jay

Come on now. We all know this bullying and piling on tactic has been going on for years and I take full responsibility for allowing it to go on for so long. Well, It stops now and that's that.

I'll PM you, Trues. I don't want to keep this thread going any longer than necessary.

BTW, eaze22, just in case you do read the thread again, here's the results of a Google search for the phrase "Extract them from the .rar". A full page full of solutions to your problem, if one was to search themselves.

Archived