dennisjames71

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Intro Music for 1974 & 1978 TC Mods

File Submitter: dennisjames71

File Submitted: 25 Oct 2010

File Updated: 03 Nov 2010

File Category: Miscellaneous

Version: 1.0

Here is an updated intro/inning transition music pack for both the 1974 and 1978 TC Mods. I pulled this audio which is the old ABC Monday Night Baseball theme from the late 70s-early 80s and cleaned it up a little and boosted its volume. These files will replace the stock MVP Baseball 2005 intro music. This will not affect any of the Jukebox music since that is a different file.

Copy the included "bdcstdat" file into your /data/audio/cd/bdcst_mx folder. Backup your original bdcstdat file if you hate the Monday Night Baseball theme.

Here's a quick sample of how it will sound within the game...

Click here to download this file

Hey thanks for the positive response guys. I don't know why it just bugged me to have the modern riffs playing at the intro of the game. As Y4L pointed out, it gives it a "period-correct" feel to the game. I'll be releasing a new intro theme for the 1927 TC Mod tonight because of the good response here. :good:

redeck,

Actually I asked Oscar and he did not appove this theme. He said that he would have appoved this for intro music in 1974:

Being a big guitar nerd; I worship Jimi Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen, but Ernie Isley's guitar is super-groovy in this song. Plus you can't go wrong with liberal use of the chicka-wa-wa pedal throughout the song. :shok:

:lol: I swear and I promise to lay off of the 1970s TC modifications after this...I'm sure there won't be any other miniscule part of the game I want to mod... :db:

Seriously...I wouldn't make you have to re-release another TC Mod....

Great stuff! I suppose you did this just so that I'd have to release ANOTHER set of TC1974 / TC1978 updates.... :D

Archived