New Release date discussion topic.

fenwaypak21

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although there are going to be a couple bugs, (there always are) this will be a huge late slap in the face to TT and MLB 2k5 Sales. Releasing the game an entire week early had to have suprised those losers at TT, and I believe this will have them sweating all week trying to get their game out a couple days earlier.

Although there are going to be a couple bugs, (there always are) this will be a huge late slap in the face to TT and MLB 2k5 Sales. Releasing the game an entire week early had to have suprised those losers at TT, and I believe this will have them sweating all week trying to get their game out a couple days earlier.

Hopefully nothing a few patches can fix.

I have a question for you guys...Is there a reason why most of you seem to be ordering it through web stores instead of just going to a retailer and buying it there? I mean if the game is going to be shipped on 2/22, I have two confirmations from EB and GameSpot that they will have the game on 2/22, where as if you order the game and it is shipped 2/22, yeah it will get to your house on 2/23, but you had to pay another $10 for shipping.

Just curious if you guys know something I don't about ordering online, or maybe there aren't retailers around your area?

I have a question for you guys...Is there a reason why most of you seem to be ordering it through web stores instead of just going to a retailer and buying it there? I mean if the game is going to be shipped on 2/22, I have two confirmations from EB and GameSpot that they will have the game on 2/22, where as if you order the game and it is shipped 2/22, yeah it will get to your house on 2/23, but you had to pay another $10 for shipping.

Just curious if you guys know something I don't about ordering online, or maybe there aren't retailers around your area?

Last year I thought about that and worried it would be sold out. Sure enough, I drove down to GameStop and bought it without a hitch on the day of the release. I am pretty much doing the same this year. Only difference is that I will get it a few hours later than our East Coast friends because of time zones. However, I might be playing it before they are (I don't have class on the 22nd - no scheduled classes Tues./Thurs. - while they might have school or work).

I can't speak for everyone here, but for me it's going to be much cheaper on line than anywhere else near me...Keep in mind this is Canada, so stuff is a bit more expensive plus you have to take into account the exchange rate. Last year I paid $49.99CAD+Tax (7%) for a total of $53.49CAD or about $43.30US (today's exchange, the exchange rate is much better this year)...I've pre-ordered through EA because they sent me a $15 off coupon...they are listing at $29.95, $14.95 with my coupon, plus $5.99 shipping for a grand total of $20.94US or $25.86CAD...

Futureshop and Best Buy both have the PC game listed for $49.99CAD as of today, even if it drops $10 I'm still getting a killer deal...

Last year I thought about that and worried it would be sold out. Sure enough, I drove down to GameStop and bought it without a hitch on the day of the release. I am pretty much doing the same this year. Only difference is that I will get it a few hours later than our East Coast friends because of time zones. However, I might be playing it before they are (I don't have class on the 22nd - no scheduled classes Tues./Thurs. - while they might have school or work).

Yup, we live in Tucson Fly...If MVP 2005 for PC is sold out I'll be shocked

Yup, we live in Tucson Fly...If MVP 2005 for PC is sold out I'll be shocked

By the way, my friend Nate is a highly rated prospect in the Giants minor league system at third base. Check him out - Nate Schierholtz. I think he led the South Atlantic League in home runs and hit over .300 as well.

Anyone know if it will be in the stores on feb 22nd?

According to two different stores in Tucson...If it says 2/22 on the site, then they will have it in the stores...The thing with calling these stores, you usually talk to RPG gamers who care less about MVP Baseball, so the rumor mill is probably pretty lacking on this game, so it's not like they get some huge bulliten, "be prepared because MVP 2005 has been pushed up a week, make sure you're adequetely staffed"....

The guy I talked to said the Gran Turismo site (whatever that is) says shipped 2/22, so they will be selling the game on 2/22...

However, it just seems wierd to me that EA hasn't come out with anything, so I am going to have to be a skeptic until that occurs

Archived