New Release date discussion topic.

fenwaypak21

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a sample of the phone conversation with GameStop that I just had:

GS: GameStop West Olympia, were we buy and sell your used games, this is Patrick, how may I help you?

oly: Hey, Patrick, I'm looking at the GameStop website right now, and on the MVP 2005 for PC page, it shows a new ETA of 2/22! Will it be in your store on 2/22?!?!

GS: Hm, let me look at the computer...

oly: Okay. [tries to contain excitement]

GS: Hm, my computer says March 1st.

oly: But...

GS: It might not be updated yet on my end.

GS: Or it might be that we won't get it till the 1st.

GS: Sorry, don't know what to tell you, check back with us.

So, the answer is definitely maybe!

dosent it say March 1st on EAs site??

if so, then surely no retailer can break that release date - even if they have them in store before that date

this happened with FM2005 in europe, a retailer released the game 4 days before the official release date - causing mayhem

be interesting - though i cant get hold of it yet

someone buy 2, stick 1 on ebay ;) PC Version

Seriously...I'll be pissed if I buy it on Gamestop, and pay $9.99 for overnight, and it is released on 3/1...Well, I won't be too too pissed but it would be a waste of $9.99, if on 3/1 I can just go to Gamestop and buy one...

There has to be a way that we can confirm WTF the deal is

Seriously...I'll be pissed if I buy it on Gamestop, and pay $9.99 for overnight, and it is released on 3/1...Well, I won't be too too pissed but it would be a waste of $9.99, if on 3/1 I can just go to Gamestop and buy one...

There has to be a way that we can confirm WTF the deal is

me too, in that case I would just order my game from ea and save 15 dollars from a coupon I have

Just talked to the Tucson Gamestop...he said what it sounds like is the date will be pushed up, and his stuff isn't updated...He said that if the site says, "shipped 2/22", the the store will have copies actually in the store on 2/22 ready to sell.

He said Gran Turismo is an example...Their websit says shipped 2/22, but Gamestop will be selling them on 2/22...

He stated with 100% confidence that the store will ALWAYS have titles quicker than you can get them on the site

Bottom line though is that we still don't have a straiaght answer

Archived