New Release date discussion topic.

fenwaypak21

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My PC is running slow because I'm burning a DVD right now, so I don't have time to read all the threads. Sorry if this had been posted.

MVP 2005 sliding home early?

Retailers list EA's baseball game as shipping February 22, a week earlier than thought.

Electronic Arts' third-base coach appears to be waving home MVP Baseball 2005 a week early. As listed by online retailers EBgames.com and GameStop.com, MVP's apparent new release date is February 22, up from its previous shipping date of March 1. Representatives from EA were unavailable to confirm the new release date as of press time. - Gamespot.com

In the past I too have just gone to the stores, although I live in between Baltimore and DC and I've actually had some trouble finding it on the actual release date (either the store didn't get their shipment in or they were already sold out). So this year I went with the web order for two reasons.

1) No chasing around trying to find the game (even though it means I might get it later than others).

2) I took advantage of Frys Outpost's $19.99 price with free shipping. Can't beat that.

Now I just need to call Frys and see if they're also planning on shipping at the earlier 2/22 date. I sure hope so.

Last year I thought about that and worried it would be sold out. Sure enough, I drove down to GameStop and bought it without a hitch on the day of the release. I am pretty much doing the same this year. Only difference is that I will get it a few hours later than our East Coast friends because of time zones. However, I might be playing it before they are (I don't have class on the 22nd - no scheduled classes Tues./Thurs. - while they might have school or work).

I have all next week off and I live on East Coast.

All stores get them early, but they are not allowed on the shelf until March 1st.

Have you even seen the posts that everyone has been talking about. It comes out on the 22nd, and they can put it on the shelf right after they get them.

According to two different stores in Tucson...If it says 2/22 on the site, then they will have it in the stores...The thing with calling these stores, you usually talk to RPG gamers who care less about MVP Baseball, so the rumor mill is probably pretty lacking on this game, so it's not like they get some huge bulliten, "be prepared because MVP 2005 has been pushed up a week, make sure you're adequetely staffed"....

The guy I talked to said the Gran Turismo site (whatever that is) says shipped 2/22, so they will be selling the game on 2/22...

However, it just seems wierd to me that EA hasn't come out with anything, so I am going to have to be a skeptic until that occurs

I might just go to eb games and buy it the 22nd, since its like a mile away from my house. I dont want to pay shipping

I might just go to eb games and buy it the 22nd, since its like a mile away from my house. I dont want to pay shipping

I agree with you on that one.... I am going to go reserve a copy today, just to make sure they have one. I am stationed in a little town in SC, so there won't be too many options.

Archived