New Release date discussion topic.

fenwaypak21

People don't understand the concept of irony or being facetious, do they?

I was just trying to lighten the mood by asking the same question as I've seen on this board, what, 12 times now? Seriously, people truly do need to follow your advice and look it up their damn selves. Also, if gamespot would change the release date from "Q2" to 3.1.05, it would likely greatly cut down the inane questions.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no i meant like if it gets pushed back then when do you guys think it will come out?

Ok, I'll come clean. I know when the game is really coming out. I got a mole at EA and I'll give you verbatim of my conversation with him earlier this week:

February 10th, 2005. 5:45 am, in a Denny's restaurant.

Y4L: Psst, Louie, is that you?

Louie: Yeah.

Y4L: Thanks for meeting me like this. Were you followed?

Louie: No, I took the backroads to get here.

Y4L: Gimmee some news on the game. When's it going to be released?

Louie: This is what you called me here for? That news is all over the gaming sites on the Internet. Everyone knows that it's out on March 1st.

Y4L: Well yeah, I know that. But what if it gets pushed back?

Louie: Pushed back? What do you mean?

Y4L: You know, not shipped out that day. What if they hold it back? What if all the promotion for a March 1st release date is just some sick joke to make us believe that?

Louie: Yeah, I can see that happening. We'll do that so we can let ESPN baseball have the entire spotlight on March 1st because that's the day they are releasing their baseball game. Is there something the matter with you?

Right after that, Louie left Denny's because he thought I was wasting his time asking him these questions. He left so fast I had to pay for breakfast.

Now I hope everyone is assured that March 1st will be the release date. Louie gave me his word.

FI'm telling you, it's relesed on March 2nd.

OK, i'm done with my stupid timezone thing, wasn't really funny in the first place.

And you weren't funny with the way you ragged on the Yankees for no reason too. Astro fans have no reason to throw stones at a team like the Yankees because that team has never won a thing.

EB has the XBOX and PC versions on the 22nd and Gamecube and PS2 on 3/1. I'll stick with EB on this one. They are usually correct. If this is right then everybody will ship them next week. don't worry about changing your orders.

I just ordered MVP 2005 for PC and MLB 2006 for PS2. About $95 for both with overnight shipping. I can't wait.

I just really hope that moving up the ship date doesn't cause a bunch of bugs to be missed. I haven't heard anything about it going gold either, that's not to say that it hasn't but maybe this could be a mistake. EA might be jumping the 2k games people to get this out early. Maybe they kept the going gold quite for a reason. Who knows?

I just called outpost.com <where I placed my pre-order>. The guy said "It looks like we are getting 30 copies in on the 20th (A Sunday? i thought). Also it looks like you wont get one of the 30 copies, yours is backordered." :( Sigh....

:x :x

So that means it ships from the EB HQ to EQ Retail? I think regardless, we will still get it 3/1....Correct me if I am wrong

this is the ship date from their warehouses to the customers. I will be getting mine on 2/23 at the latest. :D

Archived