Thank You

Yankee4Life

I want to take this opportunity if you don't mind to thank some of the people that have made this website so special for me for over six years. For those of us who have been here since the beginning, it sure has flown by hasn't it? sad.gif

I got to thinking about doing this little shout-out to the people in here that meant the most to me last night right after I logged off last night. What follows is strictly one person's opinion. Nothing more and nothing less. Most of the people listed below will never know about it because they haven't been here in years. And that is what I think is the biggest loss of all. What a great website this was, wasn't it? sad.gif Nothing will ever match it.

Anyway, I wrote enough. Thanks to you all. Some more than the rest. So here they are, in no particular order.

To MarkBtheYankee who later shortened it to MarkB, you were my friend even before this website started. We met over at the old High Heat board and became friends first because of the Yankees and then over the years became friends without having anything to do with the Yankees. If you can make one friend on the internet you should consider yourself lucky and that's what I consider myself.

To Trues, owner of this great site. Thank you.

To Fuzzone, the creator of Total Classics. Thank you. You were the best online player ever. I don't know how many games we played online but you won every one of them except one. And the one that I won was a minor miracle. Fuzz, you knew how to have fun in here and not to take anything seriously. Something that everyone in here including me could have learned from. Even when you called people your unique insult, a "guzzler", it was always funny. Even to the person you called it to. I still have no idea what the hell that really meant and maybe I don't want to know. You were and still are the great and powerful Fuzz.

To Donut, the funniest Yankee fan I have ever met on the Internet. He called them as he saw them and the commentary was hilarious. And you had to be there when this kid was on a roll. Here's a small example from 2005:

For $205 Million dollars, we get this ****. Now, you wonder how the Angels and Red Sox are so unstopable? They pretty much lead or are in the top 3 in all of these damn categories. They have what you call "clutch" or "relentless" line-ups. We have a line-up full of morons who swing for the fences on every at-bat on every pitch and completely choke in big spots. We also have a pathetic bench (Flahery, Escalona, Womack, Crosby) and have one of the worst hitting, running, and fielding catchers(Jorge is an automatic out) in the American League as our starting catcher and are paying him top dollar. Our line-up is an NL line-up, because every day, we either have Womack, or Posada, or Flahery, or even two of the three in the line-up.

To Olyrunner, you were one classy, nice, sweet lady in here. When you left us in 2007 it was a big loss.

To HFLR, the creator of the hugely popular Mvp Caribe series, thank you so much for that and thanks for being a great friend. The respect I have for the Caribe guys can't be measured. They are a group of people who have always worked together to make the best game possible and the participants of the stupid site war between Eamods and Mvpmods a few years back could have learned a thing or two from them.

To cartersyard, a former admin and modder on the site, thanks for being a friend. Carter was a great staff member and he was the one who wanted a "zero tolerance" around here for some of the users because we used to have a few back then that really acted up. That attitude wouldn't go so well today Carter because if you still insisted on doing that you would have found yourself off the staff like everyone else. Carter did come back here in the spring of 2009 because there was talk about a PS3 league last year but like many things in here it never got off the ground. So he left and never returned. Good for him.

To Jim825 what can I say to you that hasn't been said already? You and the current Total Classics team have given us Classic fans enough season mods to last us the rest of our days. You sir are the real goods and a true class act.

To Moose and timay, the first two idiots we had in here. You guys would come in here every day and fight and bicker about something. But in your own way I got to admit that you kept this place interesting and that is something that these new users have never done once.

To NYM, I don't know what to say about you. I still do not know why you were one of my favorite users and you knew that and you used that to your advantage. By the way, thanks for coming here to start up the NCAA mod and then taking off while it was starting up. Where did you go man?

To thespungo, it took awhile, but I like the way it is between us now. We fought too much in here and it was such a waste now that I look back on it. But slowly we stopped and the way we are right now is the way it should have been all along. Thank you for your wonderful uniforms.

To Krawhitham, you were a guy who I had a hard time with when this site started but then we started to co-exist and I was much richer for it. You my friend have made so many contributions to this game and helped so many people along the way that it almost became expected out of you, which of course it should not.

To compmaniac, you were not here long but your contributions in the download area were plenty. I'm sorry you stopped coming around.

To Kccitystar, another unique individual in here. When we lost people like you KC coming in here every day it really gave the website a huge hit. You made wonderful uniforms and it was always a pleasure to have you around. And I will never forget that special uniform you made just for me, the 1977 home Syracuse Chiefs uniform that I still use all the time. Best of luck in whatever you do.

To KKKerry, what a piece of work you were. I can't think of anything nice to say about you so I won't bother.

To Hory, I hope that whatever you are doing these days you are happy and healthy. It's funny Hory. When you first got here it was difficult for you and I to work together. But as soon as you stopped coming around I noticed it and I missed you not being here. You and your Total Portraits were such a big part of this website and I want you to know you were appreciated.

To DJEagles11, another member of the Magnificent Seven that were thrown off the staff on October 9th and now is considered a "bad guy" because he actually voiced his objections to the way it was handled. Well, so what if he did? This was a man who came in here as often as he could to help out and that's exactly what he did. I want to thank DJ for everything he did because he helped a lot of you guys out there over the years. I should know. I saw him do it. Someone's got to thank him. He sure as hell isn't going to hear it from anyone else in here.

To DylanBradbury, one of the better people on this website. The mods he made were just a bonus. He's one of the rare people on here that you could easily talk to.

To people like Dennis James, emath and DonSpa and people like you. I'm sorry you guys came to this site when you did because you guys would have fit right in when we started up this site. Most of the newer people who joined this site are ones that are going to be easily forgotten because most of them had their hands out to take as much as they could. Not you guys and people like you. You gave back with mods and technical support as much as you downloaded and it because of people like you who came along in the later years of the site that this site was able to last as long as it did.

To people like Sean O, paulw, Pirate, The Big O, rolie and Homer who are just a handful of talented people who have their fingerprints in almost every season mod released. From stadiums, to uniforms to portraits and cyberfaces, these guys did it all.

To mcoll86 another fine modder and person who helped so many people along the way. His uniforms were used by both Mvp and 2K users alike and everyone agreed that his work was fantastic.

To all the GFX/Sig artists we used to have here. Making sigs on this site was at one time just as popular as making mods were for Mvp 2005. But over the years we lost those guys just as we lost the modders. Thanks to you guys for making me a few nice sigs over the years.

To kgbaseball, Swingin'Soriano and Totte, who all at one time each made different rosters for Mvp baseball during the height of its popularity. Soriano left first, followed by Totte because of personal issues and then at the end of the 2009 season, KG released his final roster set. Each guy made very good rosters and it was sometimes hard to choose which one to download. That's something that some of you newer people can't imagine right now. We had three different rosters released on this site all the time and they were all constantly updated. Those were the days.

To Sandman, fizzjob and Moser316, three forgotten uniform creators that 90% of these people in here never heard of or forgotten. Moser made the first hi-res uniforms for each team in Mvp baseball and Sandman and Fizzjob's work can be found in Total Classics today.

To wrigleyville33, another funny, funny member of this site. Just about everything this guy wrote cracked me up.

To guys like Maestro23 and tebjr, both ex-staff members that I worked with. It was a pleasure to work with you. We had some nice times Maestro. Thanks for all the help and thank you for the 1988 mod tebjr.

To BigRog, D-Unit, snepp, SabathiaEra, MrDudleyDoWright, ronmexico, MetsReyes777, evil1182, SESbb30, cubsfaninfla, MilkmanAnt, TwentySeven, TheFallenPhoenix, abc006 and fenway389. Thanks for being members here and thanks for making this site special.

To those I forgot, I am very sorry. It was not intentional.

I know I haven't been as active as i used to be (life things), but all in all, MVPmods was something that made gaming, for me, better. I joined the site back in 07, seeing it as the key to making my baseball experience better. Not only did you guys help out with that, but i've met many friends along the way. Guys like MetsReyes777, nusliedimas, Blades, meateamo, Kccitystar, BigRog, wrigleyville33, and many others are still people i talk to, to this day. It's going on 5 years since i joined, I'm 21 now, being a 15 year old, hungry for baseball, this site was it for that hunger. Making MVP better, than it was, and since MVP 05 is one of the greatest baseball game of all time, that's saying a lot to everyone here. I want to say thank you to Trues for making such an incredible web site and his commitment to keeping it up on a daily basis, to Y4L and the moderators for keeping everything intact throughout the years, JoeRudi and redsox for helping and giving tips on my Mets dynasty, and to everyone here that i've had the chance to interact and meet, I've learned so much here, thank you. This isn't a goodbye, it's more like a "I'll see you soon."

Sincerely

Dudley

Y4L,

I can only take so many jabs before I snap. I warned you to quit with your damn pity party, but you just couldn't accept the changes that were made last month. You can go cry somewhere else now. Enough is enough.

Thanks Y4L, you sir, are a friend for life.

The rest of the former staff, be safe, enjoy life, and smile.

Trues, regardless how things ended, you were, and are a good guy. Look out for yourself, and your family.

Thanks.

Thanks DJ, you take care of yourself and your family as well.

To DylanBradbury, one of the better people on this website. The mods he made were just a bonus. He's one of the rare people on here that you could easily talk to.

Y4L, thank-you so much for including me in your "thank-yous." I consider you a true internet friend.

Also, this thread proves what kind of a guy you are. You went through tons and tons of members, new and old, and thanked them. They may not see it, but you thanked them anyway.

Kudos to you. :)

P.S. I hope you continue your Random Thought on a Sunday Morning at MLBMods, Sunday will never be the same without it.

I hate being in the middle of this. I had my issues with Y4L, but we patched them up. I like all you fuckers ;). I am sorry things are this way now.

Now, having said that, thanks Y4L, for mentioning me. You didn't have to, but I appreciate it. I never did follow through on my All time mod (at least not far enough to release it), and I know how that can drive people crazy to have a mod promised, and never fulfilled. You always believed in it, and I really think that if it had gotten finished, you woulda love it.

Archived