Negro League Uniforms

redeck

This is an open request for Negro League Uniforms. Not actually asking anyone to make them for me, what i would like to know is if anyone has any Negro League Uniforms they may have made for themselves, or any other reason, and have not yet uploaded them here.

If you have a Uni, and would like to share, Id appreciate any team you have. Bless all you Modders out there.

This is an open request for Negro League Uniforms. Not actually asking anyone to make them for me, what i would like to know is if anyone has any Negro League Uniforms they may have made for themselves, or any other reason, and have not yet uploaded them here.

If you have a Uni, and would like to share, Id appreciate any team you have. Bless all you Modders out there.

This should be the standard way to request anything on here. Nothing demanding, no pushing. Just a nice request. I hope that you can get a few Negro League uniforms now. All the ones on this site I told you about already and there were any more I'd guide you to them also.

Thanks Y4L, I ask folks this way because looking the forums, I have seen a couple of different modders say they had Uniforms for negro league teams and they were going to put them into one Negro League project or anouther as they come and go into the sunset. But non of the Uniforms, I have seen were uploaded here. So i thought Id ask in a general call. I have also sent PMs to the modders formentioned, without reply thus far, im not surprised some of them havent been active in years, but i sent the request all the same.

Actually the only Negro League Uniform I have found for MVP05 is the Chicago American Giants, which I had hell of a time getting installed, it being so old made for MVPstudio, now a tool unusable by Vista apparently. If there are more, could you point them out to me Y4L. I am going to go through the downloads section again.

thanks

dave

I know there are one or two others, because I was going to use them at one point. Check in the 2004 downloads section (assuming it is still there), because those unis work as well.

EDIT: Scratch that. I jut went through to 2004 section, and found none. Gonna double check the '05 section.

This is one I always thought about making. My attempts at unis was never all that great. I had a decent uni top, but I could never quite get the pants right. I had been working on making the 1932 Cubs unis (I always liked them the best, but couldn't find anyone interested in making them for me). Of course, what I thought looked pretty good may have been crap compared to the uniform masters, but still.

Anyway, I always thought this would have been a pretty simple one to do, but I had already decided to pull the Negro League stars out of my mod by that point, and no longer needed the unis.

ExplorePAHistory-a0a0s9-a_349.jpg

The Homestead Grays are my favorite team. I dont know why. I will have that uniform eventually, if I have to learn it myself......which may be the case in teh end who knows. eventually I will learn Unis myself, but for now I am recruiting and uni guys who want to help out.

If anything, get these uniforms on teh upload, will spur more mods for their use, i would think.

Holy Stomboni Dennis, what are you up too!

This is terrific, are you planning any other teams? I really didnt think anyone was going to start making them just cause I asked if anyone had any.

I am trying to put together a mod with Negro League players and teams in it, I have one other modder planning on doing a few Uniforms in a week or 2 when his school schedule allows time, but I don think he would mind your dropping a few teams of the list.

Thanks a lot Dennis. Im sendin you a PM

That is a Great photo of Josh Gibson too emath. must be mid 1930 Id guess from the photo and uniform. He always looked so young in every pik i see of him.

Hey thanks guys, I should have these home uniforms done by today or tomorrow. I think they will be pretty decent once I get the cap completed and the proper type of numbers for the back. This home uniform is based on the 1935 Home Uniforms (the ones in the photo I posted). I also get the Road editions done this week as well as the Kansas City Monarchs. This would be an exciting project we can work on and hopefully it can turn into a full-fledged Negro League Conversion.

Redeck, I got you PM and I'll write back as soon as I can. Thanks man.

Hey thanks guys, I should have these home uniforms done by today or tomorrow. I think they will be pretty decent once I get the cap completed and the proper type of numbers for the back. This home uniform is based on the 1935 Home Uniforms (the ones in the photo I posted). I also get the Road editions done this week as well as the Kansas City Monarchs. This would be an exciting project we can work on and hopefully it can turn into a full-fledged Negro League Conversion.

Redeck, I got you PM and I'll write back as soon as I can. Thanks man.

Seriously cant wait to play a game with that Grays Uni. Im going to set my Homestead Roster now, so i can have Josh knock down some fences, wearing his Grays.......

• 1 month later...

Guys the best investment ever in this game was the measly $5 for Spungo's 2010 jerseys absolutely awesome.

Lots of Negro League jerseys as well. 2 Tigers, 1 W/S, 2 Royals, 1 Reds, 1 Pirates. to name a few.

At current count 660+ jerseys and counting.

Makes for lots of fun games.

Archived