Total Classics 1927 Integrated

Jim825

I installed the 1927 mod to my computer and followed the instructions to a tee BUT every time i want to play just an exhibition, i get the screen saying mvp2005.exe has enocuntered problem and cannot continue. I have no clue what i did wrong, i did the manual copy that the instruction said perfectly from the installed folder of the 1927 files to a clean copy of MVP 2005 within my 1927 folder set to show the mod perfectly. I did copy all the CLEAN files to the 1927 folder from my game folder i installed the PC game to. I cant remember who made those instructions on multiple mods on the computer but i followed them to a tee as well. Where did i go wrong and how can i fix it???

Its hard to say what went wrong, if you say you followed the install instructions to a Tee. I dont know which instructiions for multiple mods you used, but here is what i do.

I make a clean install of MVP05. I patch it to patch 3 i then never touch this install again. it is my clean, and i copy past this copy and rename the copy in order to add total classic mods to my pc. I then install my new mod into that copy of mvp05. I would suggest doing this and then using the auto installer that comes with the mod as it does work good, and its really easier than doing a manual install.

can you tell me what teams you are trying to use for exibition play, and exactly what point does the game crash? does it get to welcome to such and such park? does it get to actual batter up to plate?

Im hoping we dont have a roster issue, but this is teh first report of any problems, although, I have no idea if anyone is playing the mod so......

and also If you are interested in Negro Leagues for MVP, try the second mod MLBNeL merged. 200 negro players and their teams to play with.

hope this gets you through your troubles, we really chased down all teh crash issues we had before realeasing.

dave

Its hard to say what went wrong, if you say you followed the install instructions to a Tee. I dont know which instructiions for multiple mods you used, but here is what i do.

I make a clean install of MVP05. I patch it to patch 3 i then never touch this install again. it is my clean, and i copy past this copy and rename the copy in order to add total classic mods to my pc. I then install my new mod into that copy of mvp05. I would suggest doing this and then using the auto installer that comes with the mod as it does work good, and its really easier than doing a manual install.

can you tell me what teams you are trying to use for exibition play, and exactly what point does the game crash? does it get to welcome to such and such park? does it get to actual batter up to plate?

Im hoping we dont have a roster issue, but this is teh first report of any problems, although, I have no idea if anyone is playing the mod so......

and also If you are interested in Negro Leagues for MVP, try the second mod MLBNeL merged. 200 negro players and their teams to play with.

hope this gets you through your troubles, we really chased down all teh crash issues we had before realeasing.

dave

I cant remember who put the instructions forum out to do multiple mods but let me give u a taste of what was in that file: Create a directory on your hard drive called C:\MVP Baseball Season Mods. (If you don't want to call it that, it's ok. I am using my setup here as an example for this tutorial.)

2. Next, install a copy of MVP baseball 2005 in that directory.

C:\MVP Baseball Season Mods\MVP 05 Clean

The reason why I called this MVP 05 Clean is because this is the version of the game that comes directly off the EA Sports CD and it does NOT have one single mod installed on it. Therefore it is a fresh, or clean, copy of the game.

This directory here is probably the most important of the directories that you are going to make because you are about to find out that you will be using this one a lot.

3. Now that you have that installed, you can begin to install as many season mods as you wish. Let's say for example you now want to install the 1951 season mod. All you have to do is create a directory called 1951. Like this:

C:\MVP Baseball Season Mods\1951

4. Now, the easy part. Copy the entire contents of the \MVP 05 CLEAN directory and put it in the 1951 directory. See what you just did? You now have two copies (temporarily) of an unmodded version of Mvp baseball on your computer.

5. Now, assuming you have already downloaded the 1951 season mod, just unpack the mod and tell the installer to install the mod into the C:\MVP Baseball Season Mods\1951 directory. That way, the installer is installing the mod into a clean copy of Mvp 05.

Ok, now you are done. Your directory should now look like this:

C:\MVP Baseball Season Mods

\1951

\Mvp 05 Clean

Can u decipher what I really should have done (without the patch talk) because i tried to do it right but failed. And also, i couldnt do the autoinstaller because it said i didnt have the right thing i dont know. So i followed the manual mod instructions someone left on forum. How should I have installed the 1927 mod, may i plz have step by step instructions to ensure compatability and also in the future when i put up other Classic mods.

Thank you for listening,

Jeff

Jeff,

Its real hard to say what you might have missed, you say you followed each step, so how can i tell you what you missed LOL.

What I suggest is first make sure you have a clean install of the game. make a copy, right click copy, paste. rename it anything you like. open up the zip from your mod download, and follow those instructions very carefully. either the installer, or the manual install, they are very thorough, and for me to give you step by step i would simply copy past those instructions right here.

a few weeks ago I helped a guy with the same issue, He wanted to install the TC1974 season, but had lots of trouble. we PMd back and forth 6 times, each time i told him, just follow those instructions step by step, dont miss anything and it WILL work. He got it going, just remember when teh PC starts copying files, sometimes it takes along time. (5-10 minutes) depends on you machine. These TC mods are not small changes to the game, they are nearly a new game unto themselves.

start over with a fresh clean install of MVP05, and follow those installer instructions to the letter carefully, you will get on there.:drinks:

Y4Ls instructions are a really good thing to know how to do, they work same as the way i do it, we basically do teh same things.

and Y4L is a good guy to know as well, he helps alot of folks out here, even if he is grumpy while he does it.

are you home and safe Y4L?

Y4Ls instructions are a really good thing to know how to do, they work same as the way i do it, we basically do teh same things.

and Y4L is a good guy to know as well, he helps alot of folks out here, even if he is grumpy while he does it.

Hahahaahahaha. Yeah, I can't argue with that. My level of patience can be worked on, but remember, I've spent years dealing with dshibshm type people in here. That alone will affect you.

are you home and safe Y4L?

Yes I am. Still trying to recover from this upper respitory infection. I don't get on the computer as much since I have been going through this. Right now it's about 3:30 in the morning. I just got up because I couldn't sleep. I still have not had a chance to play Phase 2 yet of that mod and that is the first thing I am going to do when I get better.

Can u decipher what I really should have done (without the patch talk) because i tried to do it right but failed. And also, i couldnt do the autoinstaller because it said i didnt have the right thing i dont know. So i followed the manual mod instructions someone left on forum. How should I have installed the 1927 mod, may i plz have step by step instructions to ensure compatability and also in the future when i put up other Classic mods.

Thank you for listening,

Jeff

While Y4L's explanation is great, here's a shorter version. See if this helps.

1. Assuming that you don't already have the game installed on your PC, install MVP 2005 and let it install to the default folder Program Files\EA Sports\MVP Baseball 2005.

2. Under the Program Files\EA Sports folder, create a new folder. Call it something like "TC1927 Integrated". You will now have an empty Program Files\EA Sports\TC1927 Integrated folder.

3. Copy everything from the EA Sports\MVP Baseball 2005 folder to the EA Sports\TC1927 Integrated folder. You now have two copies of the out-of-the-box version of the game.

4. Open up the TC1927 Integrated .RAR file (the file you downloaded from here) and extract all of the files to a different folder that you created (for example, C:\TC1927 Extracted).

5. The Installation Instructions that came with the mod clearly explain in detail (with pictures) how to install the mod, but I will go through it again, below.

5. After you create an install folder (for example, C:\TC1927 Install), run the .exe file that is in C:\1927 Extracted, and extract everything into C:\TC1927 Install.

6. Go to the C:\TC1927 Install folder.

7. You said that you can't run the automated installer, so look at the Installation Instructions again and go to the very end of the document and find the section on how to install the mod manually. You will be required to copy files from the TC1927 Install folder to the Program Files\EA Sports\TC1927 Integrated folder. The instructions tell you exactly where to copy everything (e.g. rosters go to data\database folder, stadiums go in data\stadium folder, etc.), so pay close attention to where you are copying the files.

8. In order to start the game after you have copied everything over, remember that you have to run the mvp2005.exe file from the C:\Program Files\EA Sports\TC1927 Integrated folder. You can either open up Windows Explorer, go to this folder and run mvp2005.exe or you may want to create a new desktop shortcut for this. If you don't do this and you try running the current shortcut on your desktop, it will run the out-of-the-box version of the game since that's where it points to.

This is about as simple as I can explain the installation process, and as I said, everything is already spelled out very clearly in the Installation instructions.

Let us know if this helps. If you still have problems, post the exact steps you followed (like I did above) to install the mod on your system.

Well there you go, not that Y4Ls instructions arent great, and work, they are and do, but truely, if you want a set of instructions, there is none better than Jim. hey its his installer were talking about too, so there you go.

Y4L you are going to like MLB/NeL Merged, we stopped calling it phase 2 because it really doesnt have anything to do with Phase 1 its a completely different mod, Im thinking it should blow you away. :friends:

While Y4L's explanation is great, here's a shorter version. See if this helps.

1. Assuming that you don't already have the game installed on your PC, install MVP 2005 and let it install to the default folder Program Files\EA Sports\MVP Baseball 2005.

2. Under the Program Files\EA Sports folder, create a new folder. Call it something like "TC1927 Integrated". You will now have an empty Program Files\EA Sports\TC1927 Integrated folder.

3. Copy everything from the EA Sports\MVP Baseball 2005 folder to the EA Sports\TC1927 Integrated folder. You now have two copies of the out-of-the-box version of the game.

4. Open up the TC1927 Integrated .RAR file (the file you downloaded from here) and extract all of the files to a different folder that you created (for example, C:\TC1927 Extracted).

5. The Installation Instructions that came with the mod clearly explain in detail (with pictures) how to install the mod, but I will go through it again, below.

5. After you create an install folder (for example, C:\TC1927 Install), run the .exe file that is in C:\1927 Extracted, and extract everything into C:\TC1927 Install.

6. Go to the C:\TC1927 Install folder.

7. You said that you can't run the automated installer, so look at the Installation Instructions again and go to the very end of the document and find the section on how to install the mod manually. You will be required to copy files from the TC1927 Install folder to the Program Files\EA Sports\TC1927 Integrated folder. The instructions tell you exactly where to copy everything (e.g. rosters go to data\database folder, stadiums go in data\stadium folder, etc.), so pay close attention to where you are copying the files.

8. In order to start the game after you have copied everything over, remember that you have to run the mvp2005.exe file from the C:\Program Files\EA Sports\TC1927 Integrated folder. You can either open up Windows Explorer, go to this folder and run mvp2005.exe or you may want to create a new desktop shortcut for this. If you don't do this and you try running the current shortcut on your desktop, it will run the out-of-the-box version of the game since that's where it points to.

This is about as simple as I can explain the installation process, and as I said, everything is already spelled out very clearly in the Installation instructions.

Let us know if this helps. If you still have problems, post the exact steps you followed (like I did above) to install the mod on your system.

You are a freakin genius Jim, it worked great and i got to see what the game is all about!!!! Does that type of instruction step by step u gave me work on other mods such as 1998 or 1961? Meaning do i do the same stuff for EACH mod i have?

That's why I get the big bucks. ;) Glad to hear you got it working.

I'm not sure about the 1998 mod because andy82 created a different installer for that one, but I created the installer and the packages for every other Total Classic mod, so you can install any of them this same way. Just follow steps 2 - 8 for any other mod you want to install.

Some of my mods (specifically TC1946, TC1951 and TC1956) come with two schedules, a 154-game schedule and a 162-game schedule, and you can decide which one you want to install by copying the proper schedule to the schedule.dat file in the roster folder. The instructions with these mods tell you how to do that. The mods default to using the 162-game schedule.

Good luck and have fun. :good:

Jim is a freakin genius, this is a fact. i looked up freakin genius in the dictionary, and yes there was infact a picture of the incredible hulk wearing of all things a yankee cap. I couldnt believe it. actually i can.

yea I checked and there is no support thread for that mod, its pretty old.

you could make a new thread though, Jim checks just about every thread that gets started, especially if its a MVP thread. and that way if someone in the future needs to find an answer for the question you have about 70s 80s they can find it in a thread labelled best of 70s 80s. no one will look in this thread for help on that mod lol

by the way, from the samll amount of info you give twords your problem, it sounds like maybe your download didnt work, or maybe your clean copy of MVP05 is bad. But if your following the set up procedures like weve gone over before i doubt that. you might want to redownload the mod and try again.

by the way, from the samll amount of info you give twords your problem, it sounds like maybe your download didnt work, or maybe your clean copy of MVP05 is bad. But if your following the set up procedures like weve gone over before i doubt that. you might want to redownload the mod and try again.

I am in the process of redownloading the mod again, and maybe youre right if i post a new thread on downloading the 70s/80s mod and I also have probs with the 67 mod, if Jim can see them and help me out that would be good... plz spread the word

Archived