Soooo... How Is The Game?

johnnyu

My honest opinion:

If you played, and enjoyed last years game, go ahead and base your decision on first day impressions.

If you didn't like last years, wait a week or two, because that's when all the bugs, and issues started to make their way online, and into peoples reviews.

Here is a link to the 2ksports forum....Click on "MLB2k11" for answers to your question.

http://2ksports.com/forums/

Thanks, but I play on PC like most of us here and there isnt much about the pc on the 2k Sports forum ie: online play etc...

I just got email confirmation yesterday that my game has been sent. But yeah, most the stuff on 2ksports forums are xbox 360 or PS3. I haven't seen anything on the PC version yet. I noticed at operation sports there were alot of encouraging comments about the game, but then again it's all console versions so far.

its pretty good i think so far. there graphic errors if you mod like i do you see pretty quickly, but if one of the post is right should be fixable. they never quite it retro completey right. they really need a little bit of looking at baseball cards and uniforms books, as they don't apparently. the parks ive so far look good, and the play been reasonably sold, frame rates once benched mark are good, better than nba2k11 been getting, but i've only gone threw a three or four games so its early to tell you a lot yet. overall at this early stage, i'd give it a b- grade.

Not to bad so far but also far from great. Played for about 4 hours now and have a quick summary. Basically an exact replica of MLB 2k10. A few must needed fixes have been made to game play. Errors are now in the game as well as fielding problems have seemed to been addressed for the most part. I have seen one major glitch where during a pitch my screen went completely black for about 5 seconds then the game came back on with the pause screen up. Only then to have a wild pitch thrown when pressing resume allowing runners to score. Not sure if it was the game or my computer but have never had it happen on any other games I play and I'm running this on a 2.8GHZ Quad-core with a GTX460 so i'm guessing it wasn't a hardware issue as much as a software issue. I can see there is a very mediocre job done on textures when on 1900x1080 resolution on a 46" screen. This however can probably be fixed by the crazy talented modding community on here so I'm not to worried. It looks as though the developers spent most of the year fine tuning 2k10 and then adding a few more animations here and there and called it 2k11. There are a small few frame rate issues at certain parts but nothing that will ruin game play from what I seen so far. Lets keep our fingers crossed that 2K has given us a solid shell of a PC baseball game that modders can take to the next level by doing their magic.

Not to bad so far but also far from great. Played for about 4 hours now and have a quick summary. Basically an exact replica of MLB 2k10. A few must needed fixes have been made to game play. Errors are now in the game as well as fielding problems have seemed to been addressed for the most part. I have seen one major glitch where during a pitch my screen went completely black for about 5 seconds then the game came back on with the pause screen up. Only then to have a wild pitch thrown when pressing resume allowing runners to score. Not sure if it was the game or my computer but have never had it happen on any other games I play and I'm running this on a 2.8GHZ Quad-core with a GTX460 so i'm guessing it wasn't a hardware issue as much as a software issue. I can see there is a very mediocre job done on textures when on 1900x1080 resolution on a 46" screen. This however can probably be fixed by the crazy talented modding community on here so I'm not to worried. It looks as though the developers spent most of the year fine tuning 2k10 and then adding a few more animations here and there and called it 2k11. There are a small few frame rate issues at certain parts but nothing that will ruin game play from what I seen so far. Lets keep our fingers crossed that 2K has given us a solid shell of a PC baseball game that modders can take to the next level by doing their magic.

Nice summary... thank you.

Archived