The Official "I've Got It" Topic

SolidWing68

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah............I got it.

There is only one problem I can see [so far!]

The dam CPU hits everything, and I do mean everything.....Perfect pitch....EVERYTHING! I have tuned the CPU contact and power down to

-50 and no matter where I throw a pitch, or how I throw it, the "HIT PARADE" is on. They will keep hitting every pitch till they've tied the score or go ahead.

PLEASE someone tweak the file that is responsible for the CPU to do this.....It's just not a normal game at this point. I'm playing on the pro setting right now but have tried the other settings also......they're even worse.

First let me state that without this site I would not even PURCHASE MVP 2005, or any other EA sports product be it football, hockey (last version of hockey there was not any EDIT program duh?) so that I am not in any way downing this site.

However.

This years edition of MVP is an unfourtanate re-hash of last years version with just a slight twist. Where was the effort by the EA team to take this years version over the top not only in baseball but possibly as the best gaming software in years? We all know it had the potential.

Complacent perhaps at being the King of the Hill..I don't know, but I see EA as a team that celebrates mediocrity needing only a dollar value to rank thier product.

Grapics, gameplay, have remained stagnet.

The graphical edit tools in this years version is in my opinion a downgrade.

The faces all look pretty much the same. The hairstyles are ...the same ..no real looking styles..longer hair popping out ones hat...or below the neck line (Damon is not the only player to have hair). Some faces when applied look huge when the batter is in the box (oversized head).

Body Styles or ok but here again identical to last years.

"Motion" issues. I still see the outfielder pushing himself off an imaginary wall that is clearly 5 feet away. The infielders throwing is still awkward..especially when they are at a supposed hurry or odd angle.

Infileders still pick up routine grounders and throw in a unnatural hurried motion...instead of a hop step or a body set before they throw the runner out.

Final note, the Game Presentaion still lacks to me the feel of a real baseball game.

Kanomi makes a soccer game called "Winning Eleven 8".

Ea should peek at this software and undertsand how Game Presentaion works...how and why an editor has value and can be fun and useful, (GLASS" MVPEDIT).

If they look harder at issues such as these rather than licensing, and corporate monopolies, maybe ...just maybe they will put out an upgrade each year rather than their usual "sustained sucsess"!

I finally have it!!! It came today and I just finished my first game Sox v Yanks in owner mode. I owned the Yankees, 10-2 (playing on Pro). Schilling struck out 6 in 6.2 and Timlin added another 2 SO in finishing out the game. Manny had a grand slam. It was so weird going from MVP 2004 on a keyboard directly to MVP 2005 on a controller.

• 1 month later...

Konami are the true gods of 'gameplay". Since Pro Evolution Soccer was released here in Europe, it was an eye-opener. I Used to play Fifa soccer games made by EA, they where and still are blown away by Konami.

Let's hope that next year significant changes will be made and not just some minor adjustments.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i just came home from my double header.

I went 3-4, 1 Walk, 1 RBI, 3 SB, Three guys thrown at ( i was catcher)

We mercied the first team 10-0 and lost in the second one. I just got home when the first game started 3:30ET

Anyway.......I come home to see a package from Amazon!!! My MVP for PC finnaly came and my Converter for my PS2 controller came. My video card should be arriving today or tommorow. Im gona download MVP today too see if it will work and try out the PS2 Converter. Then when the video card comes im gona see how it works and if its O.K. im gona start downloading!!

Archived