NoFakeNames18 Roster (Updated 7/9/11)

BSU-FAN

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job on these roster updates BSU. Would you mind if I started helping out? As in for the next update I would love to go through and update all of the gear for all of the major league players. Most of the player's pants/gloves/everything is pretty far off and it would be nice if I didn't have to go through and do it every time you release an update. Plus, I am sure others would enjoy it as well.

Great job on these roster updates BSU. Would you mind if I started helping out? As in for the next update I would love to go through and update all of the gear for all of the major league players. Most of the player's pants/gloves/everything is pretty far off and it would be nice if I didn't have to go through and do it every time you release an update. Plus, I am sure others would enjoy it as well.

Thanks...And your help would be very welcome. I did change quite a few things on the MLB players this time around(a lot more baggy pants) but still very very minimal to what could be done. I spent much of my efforts focusing on the Top 300 prospects and the gear they wear from the photos I found. For the MLB players I tried scouring the different forums to see if there was any complaints that came up multiple times and stuck to those. I usually do what you have done and edit my own teams gear once my franchise gets going but I would appreciate the help in making these even better. I only ask two things if you use these to improve upon. One, Give credit where credit is due. By this I mean fair credit for amounts of work done. Two, don't claim things in your updates that you have changed that you actually haven't just to get downloads. EX: Don't Change a few bats and batting gloves for your fav. team and a few other superstars and claim you updated all of the gear. I'm trying to keep a high level of accuracy to these so I don't want anything that might affect that integrity. There is still much work that can be done and I'm hoping to find more dedicated people to volunteer for different "projects" to make the work load seem less daunting. I know that Raiderdbball20 has asked about doing a portrait pack for all of the AAA players...So if you want to focus on gear that would be awesome :clapping: And if anyone else that has a specialty and can contribute please let me know. I'm kinda hoping some wants to give editing pitch types and pitch speeds for ALL MLB pitchers a go. :pardon: I know a good website with all the info it's just a ton of work.

No problem BSU. We can still just keep releasing the roster updates under your name. I don't really care about credit that much. I have been modding around here long enough that that is not an issue. I will try to do these gear updates as quickly as possible and if there are any major transactions during these 2 or 3 days while I do them I will take care of those as well. Then, once I am finished I will send the roster back to you and you can check on everything and then release.

So I am working on the AAA portrait pack for this roster and I came across a player I cannot locate in the land of google. Under the Fresno Grizzlies is Jason Jordan. Can anyone point be to a picture of this gentleman. Is this name correct BSU-FAN? Anyone's help would be much appreciated.

yeah thats the problem. he is nonexistent. I can't find anything about him.

I'm not seeing anyone that matches up close with anything from birthday to height with Jason Johnson. Osiris Matos is the closest real player to match with his vitals and he is a AA pitcher for the Giants but I don't think it was supposed to be him. I'm guessing he might be the last fake player in AAA. Let me know if you find any others and I will be sure to catch them on my next update. There will be another roster update released once I hear back from Zach on the gear he is editing for the MLB players. I have a handful of small changes that will be put into the next update to clean up a few small errors here and there. I appreciate all of the help and hard work from everyone on this project.

i searched the minor league search and theres no real name and also no fake names over at operation sports has him listed either

withe posey injury there should be some moves made involving players on the augusta green jackets moving up.

Im not on my comp at the moment to look at the rosters u made but at quick glance,do u have Ydwin Villegas on ur roster??he was just recently called up to fresno as well as aaron king and ronnie ray so u could always use these names if u havnt allready

i searched the minor league search and theres no real name and also no fake names over at operation sports has him listed either

withe posey injury there should be some moves made involving players on the augusta green jackets moving up.

Im not on my comp at the moment to look at the rosters u made but at quick glance,do u have Ydwin Villegas on ur roster??he was just recently called up to fresno as well as aaron king and ronnie ray so u could always use these names if u havnt allready

Very nice... I'll look into adding those players as well. There are still some players who have been called up recently to AAA that are not currently on these rosters. I know I had all of the AAA teams current as of 4/26/11 so some will have a few missing players until I can fully update AAA again. Also with so many injured MLB players taking roster spots there's a ton of real AAA players that are overflowing down into AA. Kinda makes it hard to keep all the AAA rosters accurate without using the DL which i'm trying to avoid doing. I'm sure it's not making life easy on raidersbball20 but from the sneak peak at his AAA portrait update i got... he is doing a mighty fine job! :yahoo:

oh i know the rosters are the hardest thing to keep up with,u think its bad now wait til august,its a nightmare once they start calling up and the trade deadline etc,last year i did it with all leagues and is just too much time consuming.I burned myself out last year and i never did play a full season.

oh i know the rosters are the hardest thing to keep up with,u think its bad now wait til august,its a nightmare once they start calling up and the trade deadline etc,last year i did it with all leagues and is just too much time consuming.I burned myself out last year and i never did play a full season.

Yeah I'm still struggling with the idea of at which point I will call it good...It's is amazing how much time it takes to keep up with transactions alone and then trying to add in minor leaguers who are constantly moving around or getting hurt...It feels like swimming up stream at times.

once the september call ups happen it will be almost impossible to have the minors because some teams will be way under the 25 man roster limit.I saw teams that had like 15 names on the roster and i had to guess who had been on the team lol

You should take a look at Michael Pineda. His rating is quite low (65), though he is top 10 in the AL in K's, W's, ERA, and WHIP (among others). The biggest thing I see is his fastball - the roster has him topping out at 87, and he averages 95.

You should take a look at Michael Pineda. His rating is quite low (65), though he is top 10 in the AL in K's, W's, ERA, and WHIP (among others). The biggest thing I see is his fastball - the roster has him topping out at 87, and he averages 95.

Thank you...stuff like this is sooo helpful. I will definitely make an adjustment on him for the next update. If anyone else sees things like this please let me know.

Thank you...stuff like this is sooo helpful. I will definitely make an adjustment on him for the next update. If anyone else sees things like this please let me know.

I have some batting stances that you plug in. I've only gone through the Braves and Mariners so far.

Braves

Freddie Freeman – Kurt Suzuki

David Ross – Sin-Sho Choo

Jordan Schafer – Johnny Bench

Joe Mather – Alex Rodriguez

Diory Hernandez – Hideki Matsui

Matt Young – Nick Swisher

Wilken Ramirez – Michael Young

J.C. Boscan – Carlos Lee

Mike Minor – Michael Young

Mariners

Justin Smoak – Felix Pie

Franklyn Guttierez – Albert Pujols

Adam Kennedy – Johnny Gomes

Brenden Ryan – Ryan Raburn

Mike Wilson – Josh Willingham

Greg Halman – Brandon Wood

Chris Gimenez – Jason Giambi

Luis Rodriguez – David Eckstein

Michael Saunders – Justin Morneau

Matt Tuiasosopo – Dustin Pedroia

Josh Bard – Aaron Hill

Just want to say thanks for this.I'm glad there are those of you that put in the time and effort for all of us.

I'm using the franchise file you uploaded. Nice sliders by the way, I'm using them with some minor changes.

I play as the Pirates and just wanted to pass along a couple of things. They are super small and I can change them in a few seconds, but just in case you want to know.

Brandon Wood is number 2, I think he shows up as number 3 which is Pedro Ciriaco. But I might be wrong, I just know B Wood should be number 2.

Xavier Paul is number 38. I forget what he shows up as.

Josh Harrison should be number 62.

I would offer suggestion on Charlie Morton, but not sure what. I've just modified him to be much better. If anything you can copy his settings from the living rosters, they have increased him from the 60's to a 73. Not sure if they gave him a sinker or not. I'm actually not sure what pitches to give him, he's groundball pitcher and the announcers keep on saying he throws his 2-seamer almost 70% of the time. So I'm not sure if he has a true sinker or if those two pitches are one of the same.

But for Morton, I did change his delivery style to Roy Halladay.

Again these things are easy enough to change for me, so I'm just passing this along.

Just want to say thanks for this.I'm glad there are those of you that put in the time and effort for all of us.

I'm using the franchise file you uploaded. Nice sliders by the way, I'm using them with some minor changes.

I play as the Pirates and just wanted to pass along a couple of things. They are super small and I can change them in a few seconds, but just in case you want to know.

Brandon Wood is number 2, I think he shows up as number 3 which is Pedro Ciriaco. But I might be wrong, I just know B Wood should be number 2.

Xavier Paul is number 38. I forget what he shows up as.

Josh Harrison should be number 62.

I would offer suggestion on Charlie Morton, but not sure what. I've just modified him to be much better. If anything you can copy his settings from the living rosters, they have increased him from the 60's to a 73. Not sure if they gave him a sinker or not. I'm actually not sure what pitches to give him, he's groundball pitcher and the announcers keep on saying he throws his 2-seamer almost 70% of the time. So I'm not sure if he has a true sinker or if those two pitches are one of the same.

But for Morton, I did change his delivery style to Roy Halladay.

Again these things are easy enough to change for me, so I'm just passing this along.

Thanks for the tips and I'm glad you are enjoying the roster and franchise file. I will be sure to add all of these changes in to my next update. As far as pitch types go I will be focusing more on that aspect shortly down the road as well so I will keep your notes in mind. I plan on using pitchFx and espn insider to accumulate an accurate reading of what pitches each pitcher throws in real life. I know there is a ton of players on the game that throw a 2 seam fastball that actually dont in real so I will try to make those changes as well. All of these things help me a lot since it's hard to find every little mistake with out the help of real fans with direct knowledge of their favorite teams. I do my best to quality check but when you have over 1500+ real players to check it makes things challenging at times. Once again thanks for the help and keep them coming!

Totally understand, it's huge undertaking for sure. I know on the operationsports forum for mlb the show, I've used Knights rosters and he got help this year from multiple people.

But I'll definitely keep an eye open and pass along what I see.

Archived