NoFakeNames18 Roster (Updated 7/9/11)

BSU-FAN

Donkey, it seems as though the budget remains a fixed 1:1 ratio, that is if the numbers you gave are 100% accurate. Take a look:

83 101

--- = ---

103 125

If you cross multiply 103 and 101 and divide by 83 you get 125 which is close to your 124. So in a sense the budget remains a fixed ratio. If you were to lower the payroll the ratio should stay the same. Baseball doesn't have a salary cap, meaning teams can pay whatever they can or want. Therefore it's still somewhat realistic for the budget to remain the same.

Here's an example, if you take the current payroll and raise it to 120mil:

83 120

--- = ---

103 148

The budget for your team should be around 148 million. I haven't had a chance to fully test this yet but I'm betting that's the logic.

The problem is, that the budget for the Braves irl is closer to the $103m number. So if you raise them to being right on that number, they have the same amount of payroll. And since the only reason to edit payrolls would be for franchise mode, and free agents in franchise mode would probably be asking for money on the 80% of actual salary scale (I noticed that as well when I was editing), that would break franchise in later years.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wondering if in the next update you could change Kyle Seager's position to 3B and also give him a darker face...right now he looks a little pale lol

On both MLB.com and MiLB.com his primary position is listed at 2B. I have his ability to play 3B at a 95 so he should be able to play 3rd no problem just like the Mariners are using him. I will darken him up a little though for the next update.

On both MLB.com and MiLB.com his primary position is listed at 2B. I have his ability to play 3B at a 95 so he should be able to play 3rd no problem just like the Mariners are using him. I will darken him up a little though for the next update.

In the Minors: 178 games at 2B, 45 at 3B, 38 at SS. I'd say he's a Second Baseman, too.

Just wanted to mention how great these rosters are. Can't see anything major that needs correction. Players change theirStances and gear all the time anyway, Did anyone check to see if the batting stances/ pitching deliveries files can be modded or not? Or somehow create new ones? Thats the only plus that The Show has is the variety of these included.

Can you move Ryan Raburn to 2nd base on detroit tigers. Thanks bro love the rosters.

He is listed as a LF on MLB.com and ESPN.com. Raburn has played 224 games at LF vs. 93 at 2B. He is very highly rated at 2B so you should have no problem playing him at second, but as long as the Tigers themselves list him as a LF I think he should remain there as well. Thanks to everyone for the compliments...glad to see people enjoying these as much as I am.

Thank you.

but transaction report error is occurred when finished 1~2 games(regular season).

Are you using my NoFakeNames18 Franchise file? Or just one of the rosters in your own franchise? I noticed this happened as well just yesterday for the first time in my own franchise but it doesn't seem to affect anything else. I believe it is from using Ty's editor to edit the .FXG file to do call-ups/send downs and manage injuries. This in turn causing the game to crash while trying to view the "transactions" screen in franchise mode. Are you using TY's editor at all to edit injuries also? I'm trying to narrow it down to see if it's just one player causing the crash. It didn't happen until over a week into my season so I'm not sure what it is yet. I have simmed through the entire season with my frachise just as a test and saw no other crashes or problems occur. Once the next season started the transactions menu worked again. :pardon:

Are you using my NoFakeNames18 Franchise file? Or just one of the rosters in your own franchise? I noticed this happened as well just yesterday for the first time in my own franchise but it doesn't seem to affect anything else. I believe it is from using Ty's editor to edit the .FXG file to do call-ups/send downs and manage injuries. This in turn causing the game to crash while trying to view the "transactions" screen in franchise mode. Are you using TY's editor at all to edit injuries also? I'm trying to narrow it down to see if it's just one player causing the crash. It didn't happen until over a week into my season so I'm not sure what it is yet. I have simmed through the entire season with my frachise just as a test and saw no other crashes or problems occur. Once the next season started the transactions menu worked again. :pardon:

I have tested all your roster files(NoFakeNames9~18).

result

no error : NoFakeNames 9~16.

Transaction error + retirement error: NoFakeNames17,18

sorry poor english.

Thanks.

ive noticed that the mets whitesox and yankees all have just 24 players and a few minor league rosters some of the lineup and pitching matches are empty this can cause an crash.

I'm going to try looking into it further. I just tried simming week by week using my "NoFakeNames18" Franchise File and never had it had it crash once throughout an entire season. So I think some how when a certain player(s) gets injured and the AI is forced to adjust the roster it is causing a crash in the transactions screen somewhere. I have only seen it happen when I try to view the "tansactions" screen in franchise mode when i'm about a week into the regular season after playing(not simming) all of my games to that point. I'm have yet to see this problem occur if you start a franchise using just the "NoFakeNames18" and sim rather than play. It doesn't crash the game anywhere else other that this one spot so it's not a franchise killer but it's kinda confusing and annoying. I will continue to see what I can find out.

SCNO...I"m curious you said you had a crash on roster NoFakeNames17 & 18....was this using my injury edited franchise files or just using the roster to start a franchise on your own?

The more I test these by simming I'm not seeing the transactions screen crash at all. However I am getting a crash every time I try to sim a season and get to the end of the season where the "Team Awards" are given out(not retirements). It just crashes to the desktop each time. It works fine on individual player awards but when it tries to go on to the team awards it just exits to desktop???? The last roster this didn't happen on was "NoFakeNames16" so I am trying to narrow down what is causing the crash. A ton was edited between those updates so it's gonna be a challenge to figure out what exactly is causing it. If anyone including Ty has any ideas on what might be causing this it would be much help. Mostly ratings and transactions where edited since "NoFakeNames16" and I do most of it in game so I can't see what would cause this to happen... I'm also not sure it will happen if you actually play through a season rather than sim one. The good news is this isn't a major issue because right at the end of the season the game auto saves the franchise and once it crashes you can go back in and reload your franchise and now you will have gotten past those menu screens!!!!!!!!! So this isn't as big of an issue as I thought it was. However I would like any input on what might be causing this or the random transaction screen crash. From what I can tell the transaction one only seems to happen from injuries occurring(to you or the cpu) while playing games(not simming). This may even happen with the 2k rosters as well since i have only seen it occur in one of my franchises.

The more I test these by simming I'm not seeing the transactions screen crash at all. However I am getting a crash every time I try to sim a season and get to the end of the season where the "Team Awards" are given out(not retirements). It just crashes to the desktop each time. It works fine on individual player awards but when it tries to go on to the team awards it just exits to desktop???? The last roster this didn't happen on was "NoFakeNames16" so I am trying to narrow down what is causing the crash. A ton was edited between those updates so it's gonna be a challenge to figure out what exactly is causing it. If anyone including Ty has any ideas on what might be causing this it would be much help. Mostly ratings and transactions where edited since "NoFakeNames16" and I do most of it in game so I can't see what would cause this to happen... I'm also not sure it will happen if you actually play through a season rather than sim one. The good news is this isn't a major issue because right at the end of the season the game auto saves the franchise and once it crashes you can go back in and reload your franchise and now you will have gotten past those menu screens!!!!!!!!! So this isn't as big of an issue as I thought it was. However I would like any input on what might be causing this or the random transaction screen crash. From what I can tell the transaction one only seems to happen from injuries occurring(to you or the cpu) while playing games(not simming). This may even happen with the 2k rosters as well since i have only seen it occur in one of my franchises.

Sounds like something that would happen when you create too many players. Did you rename all the fake players in 2K's original roster or did you create a bunch of guys? This type of thing happened to me all the time when doing mods or creating rosters. You spend so much time effing with the editor and changin this and that and eventually the roster says screw you and dies =@

I hope you can get it fixed though, I know you spent a LOT of time on these.

Sounds like something that would happen when you create too many players. Did you rename all the fake players in 2K's original roster or did you create a bunch of guys? This type of thing happened to me all the time when doing mods or creating rosters. You spend so much time effing with the editor and changin this and that and eventually the roster says screw you and dies =@

I hope you can get it fixed though, I know you spent a LOT of time on these.

I haven't created or added in any extra players at all. I have used all the players that were on the original roster and just edited names ratings. I traded fake players around to find players that looked most like the real player and edited it from there. I have yet to see the "transactions screen" crash happen except using my "NoFakeNames18 Franchise File" ...Which I used Ty's editor to add in the injuries and lengths so I'm guessing the error occurs because of this. The "team awards" crash at the end of the season isn't really a problem since once it kicks you out to desktop you can reload your franchise and it will be able to continue on as if nothing happened.

I haven't created or added in any extra players at all. I have used all the players that were on the original roster and just edited names ratings. I traded fake players around to find players that looked most like the real player and edited it from there. I have yet to see the "transactions screen" crash happen except using my "NoFakeNames18 Franchise File" ...Which I used Ty's editor to add in the injuries and lengths so I'm guessing the error occurs because of this. The "team awards" crash at the end of the season isn't really a problem since once it kicks you out to desktop you can reload your franchise and it will be able to continue on as if nothing happened.

Hope you can fix the transaction report error in Franchise mode, appreciate your work.

Have you edited any contracts? That might cause the issue. Also, and I'm 99% sure this is the magic issue, are there 25 player in each league for each team? Now IN GAME it might show 25 but there's a "hidden player" issue which you can see in ty's editor that allows for more than 25 per team but they do NOT show up in game...

Have you edited any contracts? That might cause the issue. Also, and I'm 99% sure this is the magic issue, are there 25 player in each league for each team? Now IN GAME it might show 25 but there's a "hidden player" issue which you can see in ty's editor that allows for more than 25 per team but they do NOT show up in game...

No I haven't edited any contracts. I have always (since my first update) had more than 25 players on nearly ALL of the minor league teams in each update; and have never seen a crash from it yet. I have also yet to see any of the "hidden players" so i'm not to sure about that causing an issue? The AI should take care of the more than 25 per-team problem...once you start playing games the AI will adjust the rosters so there is 25 per team. The only issue I am still seeing is the one at the very end of the season when it kicks you out to the desktop at the "Team Awards" screen. It's not really a problem since it auto saves the game right before that point and you can just go and reload your franchise and continue on without any further crashes. I am also currently working on a complete minors roster where it will have 100% accurate rosters for AA, AAA, and MLB. It will also have several A prospects as well. I'm hoping to have this done as soon after the trade deadline as possible but it is a massive amount of work so it may be close to another week or so before it will be ready for release. I'm hoping doing a complete minors roster will encourage modders to work on uniforms and stadiums for AA and AAA teams. I have played a few AA and AAA games so far to test this roster and I must say it is awesome! So be on the look out sometime soon for the release of this massive roster update soon.

The AI should take care of the more than 25 per-team problem...once you start playing games the AI will adjust the rosters so there is 25 per team.

Right...but it won't handle the hidden players. Which makes sense if the transaction screen is crashing.

Right...but it won't handle the hidden players. Which makes sense if the transaction screen is crashing.

That is possible...I have only seen this happen with with NoFakeNames18 Franchise file and not the actual roster file so i'm almost certain it is from me editing the player injuries in Ty's editor in the .FXG. I believe something like one of the injury types or DL lengths I used causes a crash when it tries to appear in the transaction screen. This is just my current theory but you may be right also. I have been really busy editing rosters for my complete minors release so I haven't had much time to look into this further but I will look into the hidden players idea as well.

I didn't see anyone mention this yet so here goes. When I play against the Angels in MyPlayer mode the announcers call Vernon Wells "Derek Jeter." I don't know if this is a corruption of my file or not as I was 4 years into the mode when I noticed this. (I am using your roster that was up around June 30, I think)

I didn't see anyone mention this yet so here goes. When I play against the Angels in MyPlayer mode the announcers call Vernon Wells "Derek Jeter." I don't know if this is a corruption of my file or not as I was 4 years into the mode when I noticed this. (I am using your roster that was up around June 30, I think)

Thanks for the heads up and I tried testing this out but I myself couldn't get the computer to call Wells "Jeter". I tried in MyPlayer Mode and Franchise mode using my current roster and it seemed to work fine...?... I'm not sure what exactly would cause this...I think it may have something to do more a 2K glitch or some random audio tag hiccup. I'm not very knowledgeable on how the game links players names to the announcers audio.

Archived