NoFakeNames18 Roster (Updated 7/9/11)

BSU-FAN

There's a couple like that. There are a lot of recycled stances this year. Some of them are what people suggested on 2k's forum last year. For example, last year, myself and some others came to the conclusion that Gary Matthew's stance was the closest thing to Heyward. He changed his stance through the year, and I'm still not so sure that's still true (I plan on revisting his), but 2k, instead of putting in a stance for Heyward like The Show did, just renamed the "Gary Matthews" stance to "Jason Heyward". The "Andres Torres" this year was "Omar Vizquel" last year.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured as much. I guess 2K thinks its consumers don't pay much attention to detail, especially baseball fans.:search:

Thanks for researching and posting all the batting stances. Just curious, is anybody working on pitcher windup/deliveries and accurate pitcher's repetoires? Or has that already been implemented in this Roster Update and I missed it somehow? :facepalm:

I figured as much. I guess 2K thinks its consumers don't pay much attention to detail, especially baseball fans.:search:

Thanks for researching and posting all the batting stances. Just curious, is anybody working on pitcher windup/deliveries and accurate pitcher's repetoires? Or has that already been implemented in this Roster Update and I missed it somehow? :facepalm:

I have fixed a few pitcher windups and certain pitches pitch selection but these are things that I bet can always use more work. I originally focused most of my efforts on the prospects and draft picks hoping 2K got the rest right but over time any of the big complaints I heard scouring the forums I have tried to address as well. As always I encourage any one who wants to help on stuff like this just let me know so we can coordinate it into an update that way we aren't having to do the same work twice. I'm also really hoping to find someone who wants to take on fixing all of the contracts to match that of real life. From what I understand most contracts are about 20% under what they are in real life. This would make it nice for those who would want to use these rosters to sim a franchise and just play the game as a front office manager. For now I'm having a blast playing my franchise with these rosters and will probably have only one more update coming out prior to the trade deadline at the end of July. That update will include all of DonkeyJote's batting stances and any of the recent transactions. I'm guessing sometime after the deadline would be a good chance to update the contracts since not as many transactions will be happening.

Astros

Jeff Keppinger – Julio Borbon

Clint Barmes – Drew Stubbs

Jason Michaels – David Ortiz

Brett Wallace – B.J. Upton

Angel Sanchez – Juan Rivera

Jason Bourgeois – Vladamir Guerrero

Matt Downs – Chipper Jones

Carlos Corporan – Asdrubal Cabrera

Jason Castro – Brian Roberts

J.B. Shuck – Buster Posey

Drew Locke – Jack Cust (put gloves on)

Tommy Manzella – Wide/High/2-handed/High

Humberto Quintero – Michael Young

Brian Bogusevic – Drew Stubbs

Anderson Hernandez – Jose Reyes

Oswaldo Navarro – Josh Hamilton

Cardinals

John Jay – Chase Utley

Ryan Theriot – Andre Ethier

Skip Schumaker – Nick Markakis

Mark Hamilton – Carlos Lee (put gloves on)

Pete Kozma – Brandon Wood (put gloves on)

Andrew Brown – Alex Rodriguez

Daniel Descalso – Vernon Wells

Tony Cruz – Jorge Posada

David Freese – Jeff Larish

Allen Craig – David Ortiz

Nick Punto – Mike Cameron

Gerald Laird – Dexter Fowler

Tyler Greene – Wide/Low/1 handed/Low

Matt Carpenter – Billy Butler

Bryan Anderson – Drew Stubbs

Pirates

Andrew McCutchen – Alex Rodriguez

Jose Tabata – Dexter Fowler

Neil Walker – Austin Jackson

Xavier Paul – Chris Coghlan

Ronny Cedeno – Julio Borbon

Michael McKenry – Hideki Matsui

Josh Harrison – Robinson Cano

Pedro Ciriaco – Felix Pie

Brandon Wood – Josh Hamilton

Dusty Brown – Asdrubal Cabrera

Pedro Alvarez – Carlos Lee

Chris Snyder – Wide/Medium/2 handed/Medium

Jeff Clement – Melky Cabrera

John Bowker – Michael Bourn

Steve Pearce =- Hideki Matsui

Jason Jaramillo – Open Wide/High/1 handed/ Low

Chase D’arnaud – Brandon Wood

Something I noticed with the Pirates is they had 4 1B on the Triple A roster. So I looked it up. John Bowker had played more games (both in the minors and in the bigs) as an OF'er the last 2 years, so I'd put him as either a LF or RF. Andy Marte is also listed as 1b. 2k got lazy with him - he has only been predominantly a 1B for one year in his career, back in 09. The last two years he's been back to his natural position of 3B.

Tried these out and you did a lot of good work. The ratings adjustments though were a total buzz kill for me. We obviously differ in opinion in that department (i.e. Ryan Raburn rated one of the top tigers players, with his sub .200 average and all ;))

Tried these out and you did a lot of good work. The ratings adjustments though were a total buzz kill for me. We obviously differ in opinion in that department (i.e. Ryan Raburn rated one of the top tigers players, with his sub .200 average and all ;))

I will adjust that for the next update. I'm always looking for tips on rating adjustments. It is one of the hardest things to judge because players get hot and cold all of the time. I have spent most of my energy on keeping up with all the transactions and creating prospects but lately have been trying to catch up any of the glaring over or under rated player ratings.

Diamondbacks

Chris Young – Brandon Phillips

Kelly Johnson – Kurt Suzuki

Miguel Montero – A.J. Pierzynksi

Ryan Roberts – Vernon Wells

Juan Miranda – B.J. Upton

Willie Bloomquist – Torii Hunter

Gerardo Parra – Robinson Cano

Wily Mo Pena – Buster Posey

Henry Blanco – Andruw Jones

Brandon Allen – Evan Longoria

Tony Abreu – Willy Aybar

Cole Gillespie – Wide/Medium/1handed/Medium

Andy Tracy – Andres Torres (put batting gloves)

Lucas May – Albert Pujols

Sean Burroughs – Billy Butler

Dodgers

Marcus Thames – B.J. Upton

Juan Uribe – Andruw Jones

Casey Blake – Normal/Low/1handed/High

Tony Gwynn – Jeff Larish

Dee Gordan – Michael Bourn

A.J. Ellis – Manny Ramirez

Trent Oeltjen – Victor Martinez

Aaron Miles – Austin Jackson

Jay Gibbons – Carlos Guillen

Rod Barajas – Juan Rivera

John Lindsey – Evan Longoria

Jerry Sands – Josh Hamilton

Trayvon Robinson – Normal/High/1handed/Low

Ivan De Jesus – Magglio Ordonez

Corey Smith – Jason Bay

Jamie Hoffman – Jeff Larish

Eugenio Velez – Ryan Raburn

Giants

Andres Torres – Brandon Wood

Cody Ross – Felix Pie

Nate Schierholtz – B.J. Upton

Emmanuel Burriss – Jonny Gomes

Brandon Crawford – Nick Markakis

Eli Whiteside – Mike Cameron

Chris Stewart – Felix Pie

Brandon Belt – Julio Borbon

Travis Ishikawa – Chase Utley

Mike Fontenot – Drew Stubbs

Darren Ford – Jason Heyward

Terry Evans – Joe Mauer

Padres

Ryan Ludwick – Placido Polanco

Chase Headly – Brandon Wood

Cameron Maybin – Alexi Casilla

Jason Bartlett – Evan Lonngoria

Orlando Hudson – Vernon Wells

Chris Denorfia – Pablo Sandoval

Nick Hundley – Justin Morneau

Anthony Rizzo – Adam LaRoche

Alberto Gonzalez – Jose Reyes

Kyle Phillips – Carlos Beltran

Rob Johnson – Michael Bourn

Jesus Guzman – Austin Jackson

Kyle Blanks – Juan Rivera

Aaron Cunnigham – Jim Thome

Luis Durango – Jose Reyes

Mike Baxter – Brandon Wood

Logan Forsythe – Evan Longoria (put gloves on)

Steve Tolleson – Billy Butler

Jarret Hoffpauir – Ryan Zimmerman

Rockies (20)

Carlos Gonzalez – Michael Young

Ty Wiggington – Jason Giambi

Eric Young – Ian Kinsler

Seth Smith – Scott Rolen

Jonathan Herrera – Stephen Drew

Ubaldo Jiminez – Michael Cuddyer

Charlie Blackmon – A.J. Pierzynski

Chris Ianetta – Buster Posey

Chris Nelson – Wide/High/1 Handed/ High

Matt Pagnozzi – Vernon Wells

Alfredo Amezaga – Garret Atkins

Mike Jacobs – Daric Barton

Josh Fields – Chris Coghlan

Cole Garner – Carlos Beltran

Brad Emaus – A.J. Pierzynski

Willy Taveras – Rafael Furcal

Jose Morales – Bengie Molina

Ryan Rohlinger – Josh Hamilton

Matt Macri – Hank Blalock

Eliezer Alfonzo – Austin Jackson

Yankees

Austin Romine - Todd Helton

Free Agents

Jim Edmonds – Matt Halliday

Jorge Cantu – Hunter Pence

Jose Guillen – Evan Longoria

Crisitan Guzman – Johnny Bench

Mark Grudzielanek – Mike Cameron

That's all of them. When I'm playing my Braves franchise, I might do some stances for starting pitchers, but these are the important ones.

I checked the contract/budget relationship. I edited the contracts for one team (took about 10 min). It was the Braves. Before I edited, they had a total payroll of $83 million and a budget of $103 million. After I edited, the payroll was at $101.5 million, but budget soared to $124 million. I actually had more free money after raising the payroll.

If it didn't effect the budget, it'd be perfect. It puts them right at budget, which is pretty realistic - most teams spend to their budget. But since it raises the budget so much, I'm not sure fixing the contracts is a good idea.

I checked the contract/budget relationship. I edited the contracts for one team (took about 10 min). It was the Braves. Before I edited, they had a total payroll of $83 million and a budget of $103 million. After I edited, the payroll was at $101.5 million, but budget soared to $124 million. I actually had more free money after raising the payroll.

If it didn't effect the budget, it'd be perfect. It puts them right at budget, which is pretty realistic - most teams spend to their budget. But since it raises the budget so much, I'm not sure fixing the contracts is a good idea.

Nice job in finding that out though :clapping: Maybe there is some way via an editor to adjust the budgets?... I myself am not to concerned with the accurate payrolls as much as some... but it would be nice to get everything as realistic as possible. Ill try to spend some time editing tonight or tomorrow and get an updated roster out some time this next week or earlier with all of your batting stances added in. Nice work again!

I will adjust that for the next update. I'm always looking for tips on rating adjustments. It is one of the hardest things to judge because players get hot and cold all of the time. I have spent most of my energy on keeping up with all the transactions and creating prospects but lately have been trying to catch up any of the glaring over or under rated player ratings.

Don't sweat it. It's very good work. I think 2K does a pretty good job with the ratings, if it's something you want to take up maybe start a second roster based on this weeks latest 2K roster update. Most transactions will be completed, lots of new players are added, so you can focus on accessories and transactions instead of getting lost in ratings adjustments.

Or just copy over 2k's latest ratings into your roster.

I have way too much time invested with all of the prospects, AAA players, portraits id's, gear, batting stances and so on to even try to start over. I am however currently working on a lot of pitchers and giving them accurate pitch repertoires using pitchFX.As I go through i'm adjusting ratings as well. I have done two teams tonight and it took a bit of time but I suspect it will get faster as I go. I will then also be going through much of the position players the same way but dont think they are as far off as the pitchers are right now. I have adjusted many player ratings throughout the season but I know I have missed some here and there so if you see any other glaring ones please continue to let me know.

I have way too much time invested with all of the prospects, AAA players, portraits id's, gear, batting stances and so on to even try to start over. I am however currently working on all pitchers and giving 100% accurate pitch repertoires using pitchFX. I am going through each pitcher in detail and adjusting any and all ratings that need it as I go through. I have done two teams tonight and it took a bit of time but I suspect it will get faster as I go. I will then also be going through much of the position players the same way but dont think they are as far off as the pitchers are right now. I have adjusted many player ratings throughout the season but I know I have missed some here and there so if you see any other glaring ones please continue to let me know.

Having the game on in the game on in the background today, I noticed another.

Mets

Jason Bay - Carlos Beltran

Also, starting a series with the Brewers, and just did the Nationals, so I have their Pitcher's stances done now;

Nationals

Stephen Strasburg – Randy Winn

Jordan Zimmerman – Shane Victorino

Tom Gorzelanny – Aubrey Huff

Jason Marquis – Troy Tulowitzki

John Lannan – Elvis Andrus

Livan Hernandez – Ian Kinsler

Mariners

Michael Pineda – Matt Holliday

Brewers

Yovani Gallardo – Orlando Hudson (put gloves on)

Zack Greinke – Brandon Wood

Shawn Marcum – Ivan Rodriguez

Chris Narveson – Pablo Sandoval

Watching some ball games today, I realized how off the 2k signature stances are. I hadn't even looked at most guys with signature stances, because, honestly, I thought they'd be okay. They aren't. So I did some more.

Angels

Torii Hunter – Normal/Low/Two Handed/High

Howie Kendrick – Matt Kemp

Vernon Wells – Chris Coghlan

Astros

Hunter Pence – Erick Aybar

Athletics

Josh Willingham – Dexter Fowler

David Dejesus – Rick Ankiel

Coco Crisp – Michael Bourn

Hideki Matsui – Chris Coghlan

Conor Jackson – Stephen Drew

Blue Jays

Jose Bautista – Julio Borbon

Adam Lind – Evan Longoria

Braves

Jason Heyward – Gordan Beckham*

Nate McLouth – Carlos Lee

Alex Gonzalez – Daric Barton

Julio Lugo – Nolan Reimold

Cardinals

Lance Berkman – Brandon Hicks

Yadier Molina – Erick Aybar

Diamondbacks

Xavier Nady – Aubrey Huff

Stephen Drew – Troy Tulowitzki

Melvin Mora – Miguel Tejada

Dodgers

Matt Kemp – Andruw Jones

Dionner Navarro – Hideki Matsui

Giants

Aubrey Huff – Matt Holliday

Pablo Sandoval – Ryan Howard

Pat Burrell – Andre Ethier

Mark Derosa – Brandon Wood

Indians

Shin-Soo Choo – Ichiro

Asdrubal Cabrera – Elvis Andrus

Mets

Willie Harris – Vernon Wells

David Wright – Brandon Wood

Nationals

Rick Ankiel – Robinson Cano

Orioles

Matt Wieters – Matt Joyce

Nolan Reimold – Adam Jones

Brian Roberts – Jason Giambi

Phillies

Raul Ibanez – Chris Coghlan

Rangers

Elvis Andrus – Matt Wieters

Rays

Matt Joyce – Felix Pie

B.J. Upton – Michael Young

Red Sox

Jacoby Ellsbury – Brandon Wood

Rockies

Dexter Fowler – Josh Willingham

Tigers

Austin Jackson – Dexter Fowler

Carlos Guillen – Erick Aybar

Twins

Delmon Young – Alexi Casilla

Denard Span – Randy Winn

White Sox

Juan Pierre – A.J. Pierzynski

A.J Pierzynski – Daric Barton

Gordan Beckham – Normal/High/One Handed/High

Lastings Milledge – Juan Rivera

Yankees

Russell Martin – Juan Rivera

Eric Chavez – Hank Blalock

* - I'm really not too happy with Heyward's but it's the best I could find. It's actually perfect in every aspect except that the bat is pointing straight up instead of bouncing off the shoulder. That's why I went with it. The stance 2k has for him was the closest thing in game to him last year at the beginning of the year. Since then, he has opened his stance quite a bit, his hands are a touch lower, and he's leaning back more.

Donkey, it seems as though the budget remains a fixed 1:1 ratio, that is if the numbers you gave are 100% accurate. Take a look:

83 101

--- = ---

103 125

If you cross multiply 103 and 101 and divide by 83 you get 125 which is close to your 124. So in a sense the budget remains a fixed ratio. If you were to lower the payroll the ratio should stay the same. Baseball doesn't have a salary cap, meaning teams can pay whatever they can or want. Therefore it's still somewhat realistic for the budget to remain the same.

Here's an example, if you take the current payroll and raise it to 120mil:

83 120

--- = ---

103 148

The budget for your team should be around 148 million. I haven't had a chance to fully test this yet but I'm betting that's the logic.

Well I was going through NoFakeNames18 and there were a few Number mistakes for most teams. I dont know if its just my roster or just a mistake.

Houston Astros:

David Carpenter 67 not 31

Oakland Athletics:

Rich Harden 18 not 20

Brandon McCarthy 32 not 34

Toronto Blue Jays:

Eric Thames 36 not 22

Mike McCoy 18 not 25

Atlanta Braves:

Julio Lugo 28 not 3

Brandon Beachy 37 not 41

Cory Gearrin 53 not 28

Milwaukee Brewers:

George Kottaras 16 not 17

St. Louis Cardinals:

Albert Pujols 5 not 9

David Freese 25 not 23

Nick Punto 8 not 10

Raul Valdes 37 not 22

Lance Lynn 62 not 57

Chicago Cubs:

Alfonso Soriano 12 not 15

Darwin Barney 15 not 19

Jeff Baker 28 not 30

Kerry Wood 34 not 37

Chris Carpenter 37 not 44

Ramon Ortiz 32 not 35

Arizona Diamondbacks:

Willy Mo Pena 16 not 54

Sean Burroughs 21 not 23

Alberto Castillo 33 not 53

Yhency Brazoban 56 not 50

Los Angeles Dodgers:

Eugenio Velez 3 not 11

A.J. Ellis 17 not 19

San Francisco Giants:

Pablo Sandoval 48 not 50

Cleveland Indians:

Lonnie Chisenhall 27 not 77

Matt Laporta 7 not 14

Seattle Mariners:

Dustin Ackley 13 not 33

Kyle Seager 15 not 7

Blake Beaven 49 not 15

Florida Marlins:

Dewayne Wise 10 not 16

Bryan Peterson 16 not 17

Washington Nationals:

Tom Gorzelanny 32 not 33

Baltimore Orioles:

Mark Hendriekson 31 not 33

Brad Bergesen 35 not 39

Mitch Atkins 39 not 70

San Diego Padres:

Cameron Maybin 24 not 28

Luis Martinez 29 not 6

Kyle Phillips 16 not 19

Jesus Guzman 15 not 67

Anthony Bass 45 not 29

Josh Spence 44 not 45

Philadelphia Phillies:

Brain Schneider 23 not 28

John Mayberry 15 not 41

Pete Oar 5 not 64

Juan Perez 53 not 36

Pittsburgh Pirates:

Chase D'arnaud 12 not 21

Michael Mckenry 55 not 8

Eric Fryer 69 not 17

Texas Rangers:

Omar Quintanilla 12 not 67

Tampa Bay Rays:

Brandon Guyer 30 not 12

Brandon Gomes 47 not 30

Boston Red Sox:

Josh Reddick 16 not 69

Yamaico Narrarro 60 not 72

Franklin Morales 46 not 56

Cincinnati Reds:

Zach Cozart 2 not 7

Homer Bailey 34 not 35

Colorado Rockies:

Cole Garner 41 not 22

Eric Stults 54 not 50

Kansas City Royals:

Everett Teaford 61 not 18

Detroit Tigers:

Brandon Inge 15 not 16

Lester Oliveros 44 not 43

Minnesota Twins:

Jim Thome 25 not 27

Francisco Liriano 47 not 49

Phil Dumatrait 54 not 40

Chicago White Sox:

Hector Santiago 60 not 21

New York Yankees:

Sergio Mitre 45 not 54

Hector Noesi 64 not 44

Cory Wade 53 not 74

Bartolo Colon 40 not 53

I got the Real Numbers from Mlb.com.

Thanks for the heads up Pineapple36! :hi: I just updated all of the numbers you gave me and re-uploaded "NoFakeNames18" so it should now have all players numbers correct now. This is something I went through a few updates ago but most of these players were in AAA or injured at that time so they were missed. Thanks again man and I hope everyone is enjoying these.

Just unrar the file into one of the following directories (depending on which version of windows you are using)...Then look for "NoFakeNames18" when you go into the "load" screen in the game.

XP USERS - C:/Documents and Settings/ACCOUNT NAME/Application Data/2ksports/mlb2k11/Saves

WINDOWS 7 USERS - C:/Users/youusernamefolder/AppData/Roaming/2K Sports/Major League Baseball 2K11/Saves

I don't seem to have that appdata folder.

It is a hidden folder so you will have to go under your main "username" folder options and set it up to "show hidden folders,files, and drvies." If you have windows 7 go to your main username folder and click on the "organize" tab in the top left; then click on "folder and search options"; from there click on the "view tab". You should see a folder icon that will have the option to "show hidden folders, files, and drives" Once you have selected that you should now be able to see the "AppData" folder.

Hey, love your rosters man. Really makes the game much more enjoyable.

You are missing a few prospects from the midseason prospect rankings by BA : http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/2011/07/midseason-top-50-prospects-list/ I know Leonys Martin is missing and Robbie Erlin has too low of star power.

Those are two off the top of my head. Use this if you want. Just tryin to help.

Archived