1951 Cincinnati Reds Uniforms (& Extras)

dennisjames71

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: 1951 Cincinnati Reds Uniforms (& Extras)

File Submitter: dennisjames71

File Submitted: 18 May 2011

File Updated: 18 May 2011

File Category: Uniforms and Accessories

Version: 1.0

Here is a HOME & ROAD set of the 1951 Reds Uniforms.

These will drop right into Total Classics 1951.

*added period-correct look & texture of the uniforms.

*added the National League 75th Anniversary Patch (on left arm)

*Included an updated LOGO file that changes the ingame Reds logo to the proper 1951 Version.

Install the .ZIP file with TiT or manually with EAGraph.

Also included are slightly modified versions of Crosley Field (Day&Night) for use in TC 1951.

*Blanked out the modern MLB field logos.

*Turned off the stadium lights in the DAY version.

*Changed/Brightened Up the sky in the day version.

Copy the Stadium files into your /data/stadium folder.

Enjoy!!

Click here to download this file

Perfect again, as if anyone doubted it. Thank you also for the updates to Forbes and Crosley, two wonderful parks from yesteryear.

This makes uniform #15 for the 1951 mod, making the White Sox the last man standing.

Yes sir...just 1 more to go and barring any more weirdness in my work schedule this week, it should be up by tomorrow night. This will be pretty exciting since I think at least half of the 1951 uniforms are the same for 1956 and I would just have to remove the American/National League anniversary patches off of the sleeves. So I may have 8 or less uniforms to wrap up the 1950s era TC Mods.

Dennis - When I unpacked the logo file you included and compared the "pieces" it contains to the Reds logo "pieces" already in TC51, they look the same. Am I missing something?

Hey Jim,

Yes, it's definitely a minor OCD change with the logo. What I did was change the logo that appears at the beginning of the game: like when it says Cincinnati Reds VS. XXXXXX. It also changes the logo when you pause the game and you see the 1951 Reds logo and not the modern one that was left in there.

Knowing me, I'll probably go through and change out the modern logos for all the '51 teams since I am going to go through and "blank-out" the modern logos in the same swoop. :good:

Hey Jim,

Yes, it's definitely a minor OCD change with the logo. What I did was change the logo that appears at the beginning of the game: like when it says Cincinnati Reds VS. XXXXXX. It also changes the logo when you pause the game and you see the 1951 Reds logo and not the modern one that was left in there.

Knowing me, I'll probably go through and change out the modern logos for all the '51 teams since I am going to go through and "blank-out" the modern logos in the same swoop. :good:

Hmmm.... I'll have to look closer this time. I opened up both files in EAGraph and had the images side by side and they looked the same. Maybe if I magnify them 1000 times, I'll be able to see the changes you made.... :)

Hmmm.... I'll have to look closer this time. I opened up both files in EAGraph and had the images side by side and they looked the same. Maybe if I magnify them 1000 times, I'll be able to see the changes you made.... :)

Hey you know what Jim?...I just thought that I might be working from an older version of TC 1951 and that might be why I am getting some of the in-game logos at the beginning of the game. I am pretty much running a Frankenstein TC 1951 with Joel's Legends mod, new jukebox tunes, walk-up music and other nitpicky weird stuff that I change. So I guess it's no-harm/no-foul with that logo idea. :good:

wow i love the backgrounds of the building are they moddable as well??too bad 2k didnt have the old time stadiums and fields and gave us more control,i think modders like dennis do better than the guys who develope the games themselves lol

wow i love the backgrounds of the building are they moddable as well??too bad 2k didnt have the old time stadiums and fields and gave us more control,i think modders like dennis do better than the guys who develope the games themselves lol

Come join us DonSpa and leave the barren wasteland of 2kSports for Mvp Baseball.

Don - If you want to see some true works of art, search for the stadium downloads by a guy named PaulW as well as those by Sean O. The two of them collaborated on a number of classic stadiums and they are amazing.

Don - If you want to see some true works of art, search for the stadium downloads by a guy named PaulW as well as those by Sean O. The two of them collaborated on a number of classic stadiums and they are amazing.

Jim, you are not kidding. Those two released stadiums that were works for art. Here's some examples for DonSpa.

Ebbets Field in Brooklyn

Crosley Field in Cincinnati

Fenway Park in Boston

Briggs Stadium in Detroit

Hey thanks for the kinds words bro, but you are something of a uniform god yourself. We both must have been born with the obsessive uniform gene or something. Yeah, I really dig 2K11 this year and the mods have been great...but what is sorely lacking is the ability to play the classic stadiums. It would go perfect with your phenomenal historic uniform work. :good:

Come DonSpa, join us.Lord+Darth+Vader+darthvader_wideweb__470

FATHER ???? lolol

omg those were great pics u showed y4l.U would think any company (not just 2k) would try to model themselves after this kind of work ,after all visual is just as important as gameplay in my book.If u have gameplay and the visuals suck then its just a blah game,Or have visuals and gameplay sux then u have a boring game.

Those pics actually have that old time look and i love it.I would love for a company to actually have stunning visuals,great gameplay,weather effects like wind thunder lightning etc etc,not only those but sounds like vendors selling peanuts and other thinsg that u actually see and hear at a real game,hell it be great if they could invent smell into the games lolol, i could go for some popcorn or some good sausage or cheesteak while playing lol

naw dennis i just consider myself average,still lots can be learned

Archived