Albert Pujols' Goodbye Letter To St. Louis

DylanBradbury

To the City of St. Louis and Cardinal Nation,

I want to thank each and every one of you sincerely from the bottom of my heart for the love and support you have me and my family for the past 11 years. In my time with the Cardinals, I have been fortunate enough to play on championship teams, and in front of championship fans. This community has reached out and embraced me, and for that I am truly humbled and grateful.

My decision to leave has been incredibly difficult, and your support is the biggest reason why. While I am excited about this new chapter in my life, it was very important to me to let you know that St. Louis has been, and will always remain, in my heart. I have been honored to be able to wear the Cardinal uniform the last 11 seasons, and I want to thank the entire Cardinal organization, my teammates, coaches, managers and staff for everything they have given to me as well.

We call St. Louis home and my family and I are so blessed to have made lifelong relationships in St. Louis that we look forward to continuing for many years to come, and words cannot fully express our gratitude to you all.

Thank you and God bless,

Albert and Deidre

I don't know everyone. I am having a hard time believing this guy. Seems to me a public relations firm wrote this up nice and neat for him. Now if he was telling the truth, it may be something like this.

To the City of St. Louis and Cardinal Nation,

As I write this, the weather in St. Louis is 30 degrees. In Los Angeles it is 65 degrees. Comfortable and sunny. Where the hell would you rather be if you had the choice and don't tell me you'd rather be in Missouri because I saw some of you clowns freezing to death during the World Series.

Everyone treated me so well in St. Louis ever since I came up to the majors in 2001. Then again why not? I lead the team to two World Championships and one National League pennant during that time and that's saying something. All I heard when I came up was the 1982 Champions and how great they were. I can hit more home runs than that entire '82 team batting lefthanded. And listening to some of you cry about what happened to the Cardinals in 1985 and 1987 was pretty funny. Big deal about what happened in '87. I was in first grade then and I was too busy beating up kids and perfecting my now famous bad attitude.

I'm not going to miss St. Louis at all. For the last half of the year I had this old guy following me around with a harmonica in his hand begging me to stay where I was. Look what LA has to offer me. I'll be making commercials and doing guest spots on TV shows and if I got time I might direct a movie or two for them.

So don't feel so bad right now St. Louis. You got two World Championships thanks to me and only me. And if any of you come out to Los Angeles on vacation next year, come out and catch an Angel game and say hello to me. I'll ignore you there just like I did in Busch Stadium.

Have a wonderful holiday season! I know I will. I'm making 25 million a year now.

Sincerely yours,

Albert Pujols

Archived