UK & European Based MVPers? Join our PC League :)

Lual

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to my knowlegde there is very little baseball played across europe at a very high level of play. i know there was some tournament last year because a channel 5 presenter spoke about it n i think germany won or somthing? :S

neways, i got into baseball when one day i got home from a night out was a sunday i think and flicked through channels n there it was on 5 baseball! and like baard i stayed up till 330am n saw yankee's beat some1.

ever since i've recorded the 2 live games shown on sunday and wednesday nites and watch them the next day. coz waitin till 1/2am to watch baseball is a little over the top for me

quality is brilliant, i have a 512k connection and i sit on my bed and watch it is like tv quality. it cost $75 for the entire season (including playoffs and world series and i think all star games) which is amazing value as im normally watching 3 odd games a night when i can. as for oakland i was getting into baseball and the oakland chat room was the only one that was running on mlb.com and i went in there and all the guys explained the rules and that so i adopted them as my team :)

well channel 5 have been bloody awesome with their coverage of mlb. and the main presenter jonathon gould is a LEGEND.

apart from channel 5 showing 2 live games a week there is literally no coverage at all......well in the uk that is.

i wish it was on every night but i guess they cant afford the tv rights or something...

the world series is obviosuly mentioned just not that much in early season. becausse alot of uk viewers r not too familiar with the rules etc..... they try to

explain things more and spend time explaining wat words like RBI, ERA mean etc......

im really lookin 4ward to the new season now with all this baseball talk!

yeh thommo's right sps is ur man guys.

but to say its expensive is a bit harsh £35 for a game is about par i'd say. maybe console games go up to £40 but 35 seems reasonable.

and after waitin sooo long 2 play it, id probably pay 50 if i could get it by tomorrow mornin lol

i just hope many bugs have been fixed be4 my game arrives so i can jump str8 into my owners mode glitch free :D

My MVP 2005 is now in the UK !!!!! I will have it on Monday if they dont deliver on Saturday. 8)

Feb 26, 2005

12:44 A.M.

EAST MIDLANDS AIRPOR, GB

IMPORT SCAN

12:34 A.M. EAST MIDLANDS AIRPOR, GB IMPORT SCAN

Feb 25, 2005

9:34 P.M.

DERBY, GB

ARRIVAL SCAN

12:00 P.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS CAUSED THIS DELAY

9:10 A.M. PHILADELPHIA, PA, US DEPARTURE SCAN

7:05 A.M. PHILADELPHIA, PA, US ARRIVAL SCAN

7:00 A.M. PHILADELPHIA, PA, US ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS CAUSED THIS DELAY

5:38 A.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US DEPARTURE SCAN

4:41 A.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US DEPARTURE SCAN

12:06 A.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US ARRIVAL SCAN

Feb 24, 2005

9:17 P.M.

DALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P, TX, US

DEPARTURE SCAN

8:18 P.M. DALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P, TX, US ORIGIN SCAN

12:37 A.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Thommo that is cheap for an import, considering importing it myself will cost £24 before import duty if they decide to sting me. $29.99 + $15 postage

So to get it for £30 from a shop in the UK is outstanding. New age consoles are selling it for around £50, the PS2 version is £52.

personally ive watched baseball on and off on channel 5 for a couple of years - but after getting a copy of MVP 2004, i learned alot more about the game, and enjoyed watching it alot more

i think alot of UK people dont understand the game, thats why its nots popular - plus the fact the games are shown at 1am, and finish around 5 or 6 lol, it dosent really fit into our schedules.

ideally channel 5 would show a primetime hourly recap once a week or something?

anyway, as for a team - i adopted the Orioles, basically because that was my first team on MVP2004 lol - unfortunately they are on TV about once a year lol - but now we have sammy, maybe things will change :)

hopefully i can get the game from that SPS - and by the time i get it, there should be some good rosters and mods to use - fingers crossed :mrgreen:

but to say its expensive is a bit harsh £35 for a game is about par i'd say. maybe console games go up to £40 but 35 seems reasonable.

Guess I was a bit hard there ... I was thinking back to last year- my wife was going the states in September and I was going to wait but I couldn't hold out so I bought it off e-bay in the states in April and got it - delivered and all... for £18.

Hi! My name is Chris and I'm from Germany. I play MVP Baseball 2005 since Thursday. It's great! Just now I played online. It was ok but my connection was very worse. Although I have a very good PC and a fast DSL connection...?!?

Sorry, my english is very bad... :roll:

its good enough mate :D , what internet connection do you have? i only have 300k connection, so im not sure if i will be able to play online either.

we'll just play an exhibition game over the net one day and see how fast/slow it is lol

im sure we;ll sort something out. by the way what team would you like to be in our league.....

to my knowledge OAKLAND, SEATTLE, NY METS AND ORIOLES have been taken i think......take a pick from any other side.... 8)

Archived