UK & European Based MVPers? Join our PC League :)

Lual

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right - firstly, good to see we have a mini community growing, i dont feel so alone being a baseball in the UK lol ;)

second - we have a home, well sort of lol -still alot of work to be done on it - but heres the site - nothing works yet lol, but we have a shell ;)

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/emlb - note site will only work in IE currently

apologies for the crappy address, its hosted on my free webspace, ill try work on some free forums etc - so we dont continue to clutter this site with our ramblings lol

anyway, keep an eye on it - ill be working on updating and changing stuff daily - hopefully ready for us to start playing soon after we get the game etc

cheers all

Hi guys, i've been a massive MLB fan for a long time. I subscribed to NASN and i've never been more depressed!! Why because i want to play MVP Baseball! I've been reading your posts and i was wondering if you had the game yet? I'm very cautious about ordering from companies i dont know and wanted to be re-assured that sps is a good company.

Go Phillies!!! :D

hey mate

ive ordered from sps myself, they seem pretty cool to me - ive even spoke to them on the phone- so they are there lol

anyway, i can understand your caution - as i was the same, but email them or call them on monday and have a chat with them. check out their forums, theres alot of happy customers there

if you want, as soon as i get my order (fingers crossed ;) ) - ill give you a shout, and then you may feel more comfortable with them?

and if you do get the game and have a broadband connection - give us a shout if you fancy joiining the league - the Phillies are still free :)

cheers mate

oh - if you have msn, feel free to add me lualcod@hotmail.com - im not on all the time, but you can catch me after 8 on most evenings :)

Hey there lual, thanks for replying so fast. I'd feel so much safer knowing that someone else has recieved their copy of the game. I have broadband but i only have the basic package as i'm trying to save some cash so i can go over to the states! Anyway i hope your game comes soon and be sure to let me know ASAP!! LOL I cant wait to play it!!

Laters :D

yeh i've also gone with sps and am i think the game will come on wednesday/thursday morning?

they say it will b in stock on 1st march, so they will ship it either that day or othe next & with next day delivery it will definately arrive before the end of next week.

so we could start this league in say 2 weeks ish?

give every1 time 2 update rosters, uniforms and set realistic slider's for their game.

am proper lookin 4ward 2 it.

p.s does ne1 know if channel 5 are showin mlb again this yr? jonny gould is a legend!!! :D

Vinny, last April I took a trip to England right at the start of baseball season. While I was looking forward to my trip, I was a little bummed about missing the start of baseball. Well, I woke up at about 2am on a Monday morning in Liverpool (jetlagged) and started flipping through channels, and there on Channel 5 was ESPN Sunday Night Baseball....Live! I was such a happy camper! I hope you guys across the pond get this MLB coverage again.

anyone else interested in helping run and setup this league?

i think we need to put some rules down? maybe decide how many games we want to play? game nights etc

give me a shout if you want to contribute in anyway - either post here or on msn: lualcod@hotmail.com

also, if anyone wants to suggest anything for the website, give me a shout - ive got most of it done - not much more to do until we get going though

link is: http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/emlb

im trying to search for some free forums for us to use as well :)

cheers all

1 game a week? or 2? 0r even 3 lol

i just dont want to commit and say 3 games a week if i can't keep 2 it :oops:

one thing i'd like to propose is only to play at night say 9pm GMT?

being a uni student i've always got work 2 do and durin the day mvp is just too much of a distraction lol

what does any1 else think about this?

If we could all play at the same time that would be good, but i think if the people scheduled to play each other want to alter when it is played then that should be ok. I think we'd need 2 games a week at least to get a decent number of games played. Say play a total of about 30 games for the regular season then have playoffs.

Oh and Oly we get 2 games a week live on free TV plus upto 6 games a week live on Pay TV :)

I just checked UPS my game was sent out for delivery at 5.30am it should be with me anytime now :p

and started flipping through channels, and there on Channel 5 was ESPN Sunday Night Baseball....Live!

You'll find that Opening Day is broadcast pretty much to the whole world.

On another note, Baseball Tonight just started being shown over here, it is only on Monday's though (it's been like that for a couple of years now). I have to work anyway, so I tape it.

cheers for that bigmac, i just hope my copy was in the origional batch.i ordered it on sat morning hope it oomes tuesday /wednesday.

i recieved an email this morning from some bloke called ken at

http://www.sps-systems.co.uk and he said i may get the game wednesday I HOPE HES RIGHT LOL

one lst comment ukmets m8, wat u mean we get baseball 2nite? we only get channel 5 that has 2 games a week and the sunday game is an hour or soo behind off tape lol

cheers for that bigmac, i just hope my copy was in the origional batch.i ordered it on sat morning hope it oomes tuesday /wednesday.

i recieved an email this morning from some bloke called ken at

http://www.sps-systems.co.uk and he said i may get the game wednesday I HOPE HES RIGHT LOL

one lst comment ukmets m8, wat u mean we get baseball 2nite? we only get channel 5 that has 2 games a week and the sunday game is an hour or soo behind off tape lol

same here - ordered on saturday, though no email from SPS :( - hopefully im part of the first shipment, otherwise its another week of waiting - damn :cry: lol

im sat here fingers crossed till i get the game - at least theres some nice mods to install already :D

yeh ive only had 1 email saying "yes we've recieved ur order " lol

speaking of mods, so far ive installed the fox logo in top right corner coz that looks quality.

and ive got KC's kits file, to update all the kits, the screen shots ive seen look awesome.

and something that i have a copy of but its not a download and thats PAREDs slider settings, the mans had such a good review on his settings so its well worth applying them and giving them a go.

only thing i'd like to see is more portrait pics and a perfect roster package because it seems theres a new roster update every few days lol

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS, YESSSSSSSSSSSS AND YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Just got another email this morning and sps have confirmed most orders made by saturday afternoon will be sent today.

Then 10 minutes later, i got an email saying my version is on its way! tomorrow morning will be awesome!!!

can't wait to add all the mods n get stuck in, gonna need some practise to beat all my fellow europeans!!!! :wink:

p.s LUAL m8 it seems if mine is on its way urs MUST be as well, double result for the both of us in the end.

Archived