UK & European Based MVPers? Join our PC League :)

Lual

tbh, i dont think we can ask for the delivery money back

the main reason is - they physically didnt get the game in their hands till this morning - it was their courier delivering to them, who lost the box of games.

so the must have sent the email out in preparation expecting the games to be in stock - when in reality, some bloke was driving around with them in his van or something lol

if they dont come tomorrow, then i suppose we have more of a case?? - but then is it SPS fault? or Royal Mail?

i dont know tbh - ill just be glad to have it in my hands, ready to install lol

made 15gigs worth of free space on my HDD last night - so mod away ;)

i might even have a crack at something myself :)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lual, if it was the courier delivering to SPS who then delivers to you and SPS haven't done anything wrong, then nope, you can't. I didn't know that. Any discrepancy would be with the original courier, but it's more likely that SPS would deal with that.

Thommo, happy to hear it. You know us old High Heat guys are at TPG now, right?

i know this might be dodgy but do you think it will let me play online if i install my friends copy and get a no cd patch and play until i can import a copy. i wouldnt do this normally but i cant believe they arent releasing it in europe. if i did this can i still play online?

i just sent sps a clueless email pretending i don't know what happened, sayin i payed a fiver and yet no game 2day...blah blah blah...

i wonder if i'll get it back or a credit note of some sort would be nice....

IM DESPERATE 2 PLAY NOW, wanna start my seattle dynasty, as owners mode according to many reviews seems pretty lame.

:D

18.00 - Wednesday 2nd March - NY Mets vs Washington Nationals!

Spring Training - MLB

Baseball is back! NASN calls ‘Play Ball’ on a new season as Carlos Beltran and the new-look Mets take on the brand new Washington Nationals in a spring training tune up in Florida.

Guess what i'll be watching tomorrow night!!! :D God bless NASN!

Any luck on your games turning up guys?

I think we should play one person a week, but make it a 3 game series, play each other 12 games, 2 series away 2 series at home even if we only have 6 teams that is a 60 game season. Then the top 2 get a bye to the semis of the play-offs.

hi lual m8 after finally installin the game, i jsut wana see wat mods u get encase if cocks the league up if we have different setups.

im goin for the fox overlay

the KC Kits once it d/l's

and maybe somethin 2 fix the grass coz it looks lame lol

oh and a good roster update.

nething else i missed?

right after applying pareds sliders ive already found that this game will b exactly the same for me as the last but a bit better.

although i've just played 4 games with the mariners ive noticed the same trends as the last game.

ichiro usually always gets me on base, but then its followed with a K or at best base hit with randy winn. And then where all my runs come....theres usually 1 person whoes a home run hittin machine in ur team and for me its BELTRE, in the 4 games ive hit 6 HOMERS with power plus 10 on the slider.(ill explain y its plus 10 in a minute.....)

so im usually 2 up by now, and then come sexson n boone who between them ive got 1 each each in the 4 games. which isnt alot.

then my team collapses, icant get a base hit for sh*t, if i do its more of a fluke coz it just goes abbove the fielders head more than my timing of the ball. and it anoys me coz i always use either bottom right/left for every1 after batters 3-5 come in coz i just want base hits not homers but i CANT im always out either SWINGING or coz ive hit it str8 to a fielder. THIS is very fustrating and its y i have power plus 10ish coz if i dnt keep getting the beltre homers i wont score any runs at all lol

this is wat anoys me because i find it very difficult to hit the ball sometimes.......and wen i see a replay after i swear my bat goes through the ball because the ball n bat corss at teh same point yet no contact is made....this is usally against off-speed pitches mainly change-ups.

so despite me gettin 70+% of my runs via beltre homers, im still winning games because my pitching is awesome, im getttin LOADSA k's, AND ristricting the opponents to very low scores. the most ive conceded 6 hits and 2 runs.

and rather than making the pitchin harder 2 have more of a challenge, im hesitant to do so because my battin is soo lame. i get hardly any base hits apart from ICHIRO/BELTRE and sometimes BOONE and SEXson.

THE others dont do anything lol

the only thing thats awesome is stealin, ive stole 5 bases with ichirp in 4 games and its loadsa fun. i play on ALL-STAR and am considering altering my contact slider because i want more hits, plus i may increase the cpu's ability aswell because im gettin 2 many k's atm.

Sorry for the MONSTER review but id just let every1 know wat ive noticed thus far....... :D

nice review vinny :)

from my end - im having a mare lmao

using pareds all star sliders - and trues datafile, with no hot zones, no k zone, and pitch cursor on fade - and its friggin hard :(

i havent hit a homer yet - but in 2 full games, have around 8 hits (with the Os) - drawing and dishing out walks

im really enjoying it - and i think im ready to start a dynasty - though im not sure who to be this year - i think im all O'ed out ;)

with no hot zones, no k zone, and pitch cursor on fade - and its friggin hard Sad

i av hot zones, k zone and pitch cursor is on fade, i played last yr with pitch cursor as a solid white ball it didnt fade and with auto field.

but on 05 its on fade and manual fieldin and its drivin me nuts im missin the ball all the time and givin away extra bases coz my outfielder runs soo slowly to the ball.

i know y i done soo well pitching its coz ive used my starter all the way thro n was always gettin perfects once i bring on my shocking Relief pitchers is where the runs get conceded from.

there is hope with my other batters coz just hit a home run with ichiro and ibanez things r lookin up.

ps. im not sure if its coz ive got my base-runnin ability sliders on +5 for both me and the cpu but ive yet to b caught stealin from 13 attempts- LOVING THAT.

tell me how ur gettin on 2moz .... :D

Baseball in Europe has a very low attraction!!!

It has always been seen like a "difficult american game" and in some country like Italia, where I live, it was much more popular in the past (like the 60s).

In my country there is a very low coverage of national and european games: much better for mlb games which are showed live twice a week live on the Sky Italia satellite tv (usually the espn games! I think to remember same is in UK but on national tv).

The quality of european baseball is very very poor and can't be compared to any us level. To give you an idea Italy and Holland (defenetely the only two decent teams from ages) always got qualified for Olympics but never could compete with Usa, Cuba, Japan, Korea.

The italian federation even tried with "oriundi", americans with far italian reletives: so double passport and be able to play for the nationa team.

Still now there are more americans than italian but the quality is still far from decent.

However we could see some good players here in our italian series: usually old players with a important past in the major or even players who cannot find a team in usa. The champions league (a sort of tournaments with all best euro teams) usually is a matter between italian and dutch team (and lately dutch win them all!!!).

One funny story is about the Italian Jason Simontacchi!!!

He was born in Usa but clearly with Italian grand parents: some years ago he could not find a team in the major and so he decided to move to Europe.

He signed for the Italian team of Rimini (with Chuck Carr on CF!!): so he played a fantastic season and after that he was selected for the italian national team.

He played the Olympics in Sydney and did a couple of great outings.

Someone in the major noticed him and brought him back in usa: not sure to the Cardinals. He played again in the minors and then the finally the major as the 4/5th starter.

He always said coming to Italy was the turning point of his career: he wanted to play again for the italian nationa team at the olympics but mlb did not allowed him!!!

And Italy was ready with a lot of potential italian mlb players (pavano, loduca, grilli, Bardelli jus to mantion a few!!).

Unfortunately no italians playing in the major so far!!

Just few players (no more than 20!) tried to compete for a spot in organization and some of them succeded.

But none of them could reach the major.

The most popular major team here is of course nyy and the most famous player is Joe DiMaggio.

I support the Fish and came to States for the two post seasons!!!

By the way, I too watch marlins games on mlbtv, very often at night or rerecorded the day after.

Last thing: my dad was the first base of the team of Milano who won several championship in the late '50s and was selected for the national team.

I only play ea mlb..... :mrgreen:

See you soon in the mvp euro league

Ciao

Luca

cool - nice story luca

have you got mvp 2005 yet? or are you getting it?

if so, drop me an email, or add me to msn lualcod@hotmail.com - and ill pop you on our owners list (teams taken so far: orioles, mariners, As, mets, D'Backs, cubs)

cheers mate

Archived