UK & European Based MVPers? Join our PC League :)

Lual

nice post luca m8, im italian 2 but have lived in the UK all my life.

cant wait 2 play u in the league ;)

neways lual we need to sort out rules about this league

how will it work?

will we have the same sliders or will they all b default?

can we start 2 establish some general rules here.

cheers m8.

p.s how u doin in general playin better?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theres some basic rules up on the site at the mo

id say use Pareds all-star sliders - and the same roster set - maybe the llmac 3.1version for now?

anyway - check out some of the stuff ive put up :)

also, we now have 7 owners :) - 1 more and we can have 2 divisions of 4 - making a playoff race a little more tense :D

i think we need to get a few 'spring-training' type games in between us - just to iron out any issues etc - im going to try talk to some people who run these types of leagues in the US, they may have some good advice for us

:mrgreen:

ok m8, atm i play with hittin +10 etc but ill do my sliders exxactly to pared's standards to improve my game.

by the way how do u check to see every1's using the same sliders, coz sum1 could cheat n we wouldnt know about it?

lual ill give u a game 2nite if u like, although im SHOCKINGLY BAD!!!lol

8pm if u like ill b on msn 2 see if ur about

cool - nice story luca

have you got mvp 2005 yet? or are you getting it?

if so, drop me an email, or add me to msn lualcod@hotmail.com - and ill pop you on our owners list (teams taken so far: orioles, mariners, As, mets, D'Backs, cubs)

cheers mate

I have already bought mvp2005 from EBgames and should arrive in a couple of days.

Of course Marlins for me.

Thanks and ciao

Luca

after moving back to pareds origional sliders, i've just taken an a$$_kicking!

lost 5-2 to tampa and im the mariners at safeco.

i had no walks, 3 hits 2 or which were homers. so in all i just had 2 lucky hits that ggot me my runs.

i swing at everythin its too decieving, coz sometimes an oposing pitchers will sink into the stirke zone then when its pitched around that arrea again u swing and its MILES Above the zone and u get a strike.

ive also noticed that after altering the foul ball slider, when i do rarely make contact with the ball its usally always a foul lol

pitching, was very hard on -50 because id just get it off perfect and conced base-hit after base hit. moyer finished with an ERA of 7 lol

i finished giving up 11 hits and 4 homers lol, all in all it was a shambles. i cant stop swinging at everythin and that green zone on the pitchin is tiny.

sooo gonna get whooped in this league.

neways bak 2 exhibition mode, gonna need a lot more training me thinks.

nice site man lookin good,

OOOOOOOOOH soo close just lost 6-5 to marlins, gettin alot better battin n pitching, altough i do always aim up right/left coz i find it even gets me base hits lol

i did hit 4 out of my 5 runs as homers tho which is a bad thing because i shows i cant get proper RBI's.

by the way does ne1 know of a "run faster" button because the ball always goes over my head in the out field and it takes me ages gettin it again and im givin away too many triples.

if its up 2 me m8 its no problem.

ONLY problem is that we in the UK and europe r 5/6 hours in front of u. right now its 7:51pm here so there it must b around 1:51pm, the probelm is whether u guys from the US can always make the arranged games coz we want loyal players.

but m8 as long as u can say ur going to be loyal to the league its ok with me, but LUALS verdict is final.

pm him or sumthin :wink:

so people in US cant join?

if i can i would like the Yankees

lo mate

the 2 issues that concern me are:

1 - timezone, as vinny pointed out - we are looking at 5/6 hours ahead of you - so we could have to sit up until 11/12 at night, to start a game - and add another hour to those on CET clock.

2 - Lag, im just presuming here - but i can imagine there being lag issues?

ive nothing against american based players, infact the experience and knowledge of baseball, of players from the US would help us a great deal.

im just concerned about those 2 issues :?

listen,i will go to sleep at any time before 2 am,Lag only matters if ur connection is good and ping is low which i have both so it would be cool...so can i join im loyal and im willing to play at anytime before 2 am and on weekends i can play to whatever i want

so may i be in it

btw my aim is gameguy493

have you got msn? if so add me lualcod@hotmail.com

you sound very interested and committed which is a great thing for us :)

so maybe we could play a test game or something to see if either you or me etc - suffer any bad lag??

u sound safe 2 me lol

me n lual just played a game as a tester he won in the 10th innning lol

we need to get certain rules and gameplay options fixed be4 the league starts officially.

ie. i;d prefer the strike-zones to remain on the screen durin a pitch rather than to fade out.

can thoses who have joined put there demands here and we can come to a compramise about gameplay options....

cheers all

just a note:

our LemonFruit Spring Training Games have started :p

me and vinny played a full game tonight - very enjoyable and tense too

somehow i lucked out 3-2 in 10 innings

a couple of things we noted:

lag on the pitch meter

pickoffs seem weird - but are workable

no strikezone, makes it harder - personal preference, but we can work either way

must use same datafile, roster and sliders - or game corrupts

overall though, very enjoyable - both hit a dinger each - both got a solid number of hits

i think we are on to a winner with this league lads - should be a hell of alot of fun :D

right, u simply donwload the following:

llmac roster 3.1

fox overlay(not sure if this is imporant)

er...Spitoon&Truesdatafile.zip

apply pareds sliders exactly found here....

http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulleti...amp;postcount=1

KC's kit update

and thats it, and when u extract the files into the corect folders and u click 2 run the game it automatically updates u aint gotta do nothing.

once, this is done we can try a game out and see if it works. i'll play u weneva to test the connection if u like 1 day....

once ur up 2 date. 8)

i hope this clears everythin up

sites been tweaked - pre-season is now starting :)

note - we are still accepting new members from UK/Europe - but those already on our owners list, must get in contact via msn etc (if not already spoken to) to arrange games with each other.

so far - vinny and me have completed 2 games

ukmets has been in touch :) and will get games in soon

michal and me tried to play, but had issues with conflicting mods

other than that, we need some more games to iron out issues and get us all together as a community :)

if you are worried it may take too much of your time - note we will only schedule 2 regular season games per week - against the same person as well - so arguably 1 night and 2 hours of MVP, and your weeks game are done :)

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/emlb

league email: euromlb@gmail.com

my msn: lualcod@hotmail.com

id also advise, that all 8 owners so far, add everynoe in the league to their msn, to make for easier communication.

note: im working on a set of free forums for us to use :D

sounds awesome m8.

how many games will there b in regular season?

if we play each other 4 times each?

so thats 16 games? then a play-off?....i donno im just throwing numbers at ya here lol

i;d like t to b a long league rather than short--i.e a month long.

but if people have commitment trouble shorts fine with me :thumbsup:

i was thinking:

3 x 2 game series against teams in your division - = 18 games in total

and 1 x 2 game series against teams in the other division = 8 games in total

so thats 26 games - but its 13 weeks long???

then maybe the top 2 in each division move onto the championship game which is a 3-game series - then a 5 game World Series??

something along those lines

cool m8, sounds good.

so in a 2 game series, if both players agree on 2 separate days in the week 2 play the games can we play say 1 on a monday and 1 on a tuesday, rather than back 2 back games?

this isnt a problem, jus wanna hear ur views on this...

looks good m8, im away on holiday in easter for a week not too sure wat the dates r but ill get bak 2 u nearer the time about these.

yeh i can play now until.......6:45 coz i wont b avaialble 2nite going out in the town....and i wont b around til sunday night

keep up the good work

hello gameguy

im not sure what mod your trying to install etc

as for the league, at this stage we are just keeping it set at UK and European Players

we are still new, and just forming, so i dont want to over-expand too soon - and with the potential lag / timezone issues - it could cause us unecessary problems and even end our league.

cheers again

thanks for the interest, should things change, ill give you a shout on msn or something :)

Archived