Hello EA?? I don't get it!

Yankee4Life

I have no idea why I was hoping during the last few days that when this game came out everyone would be happy in here. I know everyone, that is too much to ask. But reading the problems that a lot of people are having....and choppiness is the main one that is being brought up. Hey, I got the same problem.

Here's my question to EA, and please tell me if this makes any sense to you. Why would you release this game a week before you were going to when it had this choppiness issue? And I'll go even further: if you knew the game was choppy, why want to release it on March 1st? Why release a game that you know has to be patched? All EA did once again was let down the baseball fans. Last year, the lefty bug. This year, bug number one is the choppiness. EA would not want me as a beta tester because I'd actually do my job and say "this isn't ready yet".

Of course, with the Madden series they don't do stuff like that. How many patches for Madden has come out over the years in comparison to the MVP series?

It's frustrating!

Oh well, glad I bought the X-Box version too. Nothing's choppy there.

Nice post, I agree.

I just hope that it doesn't stutter on my system because I'll be seriously dissapointed if it does. 2004 didn't stutter for me, but I did have the "3-ball" problem. It wasn't too much of a big deal for me since I didn't notice it other than in replays.

I have no idea why I was hoping during the last few days that when this game came out everyone would be happy in here. I know everyone, that is too much to ask. But reading the problems that a lot of people are having....and choppiness is the main one that is being brought up. Hey, I got the same problem.

Here's my question to EA, and please tell me if this makes any sense to you. Why would you release this game a week before you were going to when it had this choppiness issue? And I'll go even further: if you knew the game was choppy, why want to release it on March 1st? Why release a game that you know has to be patched? All EA did once again was let down the baseball fans. Last year, the lefty bug. This year, bug number one is the choppiness. EA would not want me as a beta tester because I'd actually do my job and say "this isn't ready yet".

Of course, with the Madden series they don't do stuff like that. How many patches for Madden has come out over the years in comparison to the MVP series?

It's frustrating!

Amen, brother...

And I STILL have to wait for the drive to arrive...

By da way, I'm orbitalex2005 on Live.

I'll probably be on there in a week....

Don't blame EA, it's probably your system. I had the problem until i got new video card with 2004, now i'm actually using it in top resoultion on my computer (1280xsomething) and it's working REALLY smoooooooooooooth, so I have no complaints :D So far there's no bug for me. Eventhough I kinda wish they had DP on the statistics, that was one of the cool feature for the fielders' statistics..ah well guess we'll have to live with that.

If the majority of users have a problem, it's EA's fault. If the minority have a problem, it's the users system.

Although I'd say, based on the amount of people that have complained here, I'd say it wasn't tested on a very wide variety of systems.

And I don't even have the game yet.

Look at the other side of the coin. Say they wait a month or two, and everybody else beats them to the market. Then what would they hear?

"Hey EA, where's MVP? Oh well, I'm not waiting, I'll just pick up one of these other new games."

"If these games can get out there, how come EA can't get their game out?"

They released it early so they could be the first to the market. I hate to tell you, but that does have a major impact on sales.

Now, if you want to use the argument that the PC version has no competition, and thus they didn't have to rush it, well, here's what they'd hear about that:

"Where's the PC version? Why do we PC users always get screwed, while the console people get their game so early?"

They're screwed no matter what they do, so why not get the game out there at least, and resolve the problems with a patch?

It's frustrating!

Are you kidding me??? Madden stuttered more than MVP ever has. If it didn't for you, consider yourself lucky. But I, along with scores of others with top end systems, had problems with graphical stuttering. EA can't seem to get it right..... :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

This stuttering issue must be a problem that EA can't fix. The stuttering goes waaaaaayyy back to the Triple Play Baseball days. If it hasn't been fixed until now, it never will be. But I am grateful for all the tweaking ideas gamers are coming up with. It helps.

Bubba04

Actually Madden 2005 had 6 patches released. Granted at least 4 were just roster updates, but people in the forums were annoyed that these roster update patches did not address issues they had with the game. Like for the PC version you couldn't name team captains, even though one of the intro menus that pops up while a game you are going to play is loading says you can!

Not that this is supposed to make you feel better about MVP05, but I just wanted to let you know Madden was not really that much better.

Unlike consoles theres a wealth of graphic cards to work with on PC. ATI and Nvidia is like coke and pepsi... Then you have the little guys using the same recipie but adding thier own flavor and call it different.. plus they all have different drivers. I think it would be a nightmare to try to fix, but other games have been succesful at doing so.. We are just at the bottom of the food chain though.. Any madden game that ever comes out for a system that starts with SONY will be fine tuned for FPS and such. Whereas NBA wont be as tuned because it sells less.. and as far as PC goes I guess we are just lucky to even have it sometimes... Look at the difference between Tiger woods PS2 and PC.. fun v/s sim..

They are just notorius for consistancy issues around thier company within and out of thier markets for both console and PC.. They base on demand priority obviously like most conglomos.... Plus with sega coming in and dropping the 20 dollar bomb on thier market I'm sure it has them scattering even worse.. I'd be one to welcome Sega to the PC sports market.. Not that MVP isnt great.. its just always nice to have options.. instead of locked resoultion options, choppyness,etc...

Now, if you want to use the argument that the PC version has no competition, and thus they didn't have to rush it, well, here's what they'd hear about that:

"Where's the PC version? Why do we PC users always get screwed, while the console people get their game so early?"

They're screwed no matter what they do, so why not get the game out there at least, and resolve the problems with a patch?

This is true, b/c this is what was being posted in the Madden forums b/c the PC version came out three weeks after the console versions...and people were getting quite PO'd. They even delayed the initial PC release date by a day!

I'd be one to welcome Sega to the PC sports market.. Not that MVP isnt great.. its just always nice to have options.. instead of locked resoultion options, choppyness,etc...

Bring back the High Heat Infostructure(setup, navagation, Simulation value and more...) and give it MVP Graphics and that will be the game to buy. But I do like MVP 2005, I just think they miss alot of things in their programming and structure.

EA is an ***, I've lost the little respect I had for them when my question about online play on their 'get back to you in 24 hours support page' hasn't been answered after a week. They are very, very lazy and its annoying

It's frustrating!

they have very limited beta testing, I would bet no one in the beta testing crew had the choppiness. I understand why they have small beta testing groups they do not want some fool to release the game to the warez scene. So when you boil it down piracy is the enemy here

Here I go Again...rince...repeat....

I took a cheap Geforce 4MX video card and put it in the faster machine (which had a Geforce 6800 in it). The chopiness improved!! Then I took the faster video card, put it in the crappy system and the chopiness got worse! This of course means the reverse as well and effects the speed of the processor, not just the video card.

I have done research on this problem for over a year now as this happened in MVP 04 as well. I have run diagnostics with exact setups on machines with lower specs. I have read post after post after post of people with subpar machines running the game smooth as butter. I know how to do EVERYTHING to a machine to run a game. Background tasks, drivers, DirectX9 setups, memory adjustments, PCI latency, sound acceleration levels, AA and AF settings, Vsyncs, refresh rates, put in different hard drives, reinstalled windows, played without sound enable, played without joystick installed, etc,etc. I have done it all.

And I could never get that faster computer to run the game is smoothly as the slower one.

My thoery is holding up completey. This must be patched immediately. My conclusion is that this game was made for consoles first. As you know, the fastest console is the Xbox at 733Mhz I believe. Not suprisingly, processors right around that range or better (1.0-1.7) run the game smoothly. I think the PC port was done at the last second. EA can always patch it later (like MVP04 last year), and they make the least amount of money off of MVP in the PC department.

In my case I ended up getting the Gamecube version and I am currently playing the patched MVP 2004.

Here I go Again...rince...repeat....

I took a cheap Geforce 4MX video card and put it in the faster machine (which had a Geforce 6800 in it). The chopiness improved!! Then I took the faster video card, put it in the crappy system and the chopiness got worse! This of course means the reverse as well and effects the speed of the processor, not just the video card.

I have done research on this problem for over a year now as this happened in MVP 04 as well. I have run diagnostics with exact setups on machines with lower specs. I have read post after post after post of people with subpar machines running the game smooth as butter. I know how to do EVERYTHING to a machine to run a game. Background tasks, drivers, DirectX9 setups, memory adjustments, PCI latency, sound acceleration levels, AA and AF settings, Vsyncs, refresh rates, put in different hard drives, reinstalled windows, played without sound enable, played without joystick installed, etc,etc. I have done it all.

And I could never get that faster computer to run the game is smoothly as the slower one.

My thoery is holding up completey. This must be patched immediately. My conclusion is that this game was made for consoles first. As you know, the fastest console is the Xbox at 733Mhz I believe. Not suprisingly, processors right around that range or better (1.0-1.7) run the game smoothly. I think the PC port was done at the last second. EA can always patch it later (like MVP04 last year), and they make the least amount of money off of MVP in the PC department.

In my case I ended up getting the Gamecube version and I am currently playing the patched MVP 2004.

but I have a two high end systems both run the game smooth as silk

one is a Pentium 4 3.4GHz with an ATI RADEON X800 and 1 gig of memory

the other a 3.2GHz laptop that has an ATI RADEON 9200 with 1.5 gig or memory

Sorry to blow the (1.0-1.7) theory but...

I'm using a 1.53 Athalon XP/w 1 GIG ram on a Gforce 5500 (256 meg) and SB Audigy 2 platnium sound. Very fast HD. The processor isnt really anything to brag about but the setup out runs games like Rome: Total War/ World of Warcraft/Most anything I've tried up to date and it can perform to high standards or only needs moderate tweaking. Even NBA Live 2005/NHL and Tiger run great on it.

I've noticed with a ram util running that MVP only uses up ~120 or so ram. So what is the deal. I run many other high class games with good results. I've tried using the Forceware Nvidia 71.84 drivers and I get this crazy black line syndrome going on. I'm currently using 66.93 and its playable but choppyness is varied. Its like flipping a coin and I cant figure it out... I also know the DX sliders/etc drills as well...

Also the fastest consoles are optimized to run without the need of the god awful ram hungry burden of XP and all its many woes. They are streamlined to play the game. So that could explain things a bit and I'll go along with that part.

some people underclock their cards to try and slow down the motion to make it appear smoother. i have a low end card (raedon 7200) running 3d analyze (rendering my high player detail) and i have stepped it up from 800 x 600 to the next setting(1080x 800??????) i have some stutter but mostly for the replays, other then that its so slight on throws from 3rd to 1st that i can live with it. so is everyone's stuttering worse then others, i think mine should stutter bad since my low end card and only 256 RAM, p4 1.7 but its ok. this might go back to the theory that high end pc's have more trouble. but if you have a high end pc i think underclocking with 60hz should cut it.

Archived