Baseup! Rosters 2013 ~ Phase 2

Gordo

I'll defer to kyleb for those. I have been trying to assign middle initials for these kinds of situations. He heads up the ID list though.

Yes that's a good idea. Either a middle initial or the player's team would help telling them apart.

BTW, I noticed the following players had different photo IDs in your roster and on the ID list:

-Preston Claiborne (NYY)

-Yoshinori Tateyama (Round Rock, TEX AAA, now plays for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, NYY AAA)

-Jose Pirela (Trenton, NYY AA)

-Justin Henry (Pawtucket, BOS AAA)

-Jose Valdez (OKC, HOU AAA) (there are three players named Jose Valdez but this one actually has a middle initial on the ID list and it's the only one that matches his name)

There are probably others but those are the ones I could notice so far.

If guys are having trouble with the proper cyberfaces matching up with a given player, it stands to reason that one of two things could be wrong.

1. The cyber no. assigned to the player is incorrect.

2. The actual cyberface installed (properly) is not the right one; or the cyberface maker gave the face a different number than what is on the official list.

So what do I do?

1. You can verify that the proper cyber no. is assigned by one of two ways:

• open the roster with MVPedit and check the given number
  • if you don't know how to work with MVPedit, open the attrib.dat file, search for the given player, look at the #10 assignment (generic faces will have numbers 901-915)

2. Install the correct cyberface by searching for it in the DL section (it may be a face part of the comprehensive '13 pre-season file Jed released earlier this year; Jed uses official numbers from the ID list, other modders do not seem to do so). If a cyberface zipped file has the 3 necessary files included with a number that does not match the official ID from the list (and thus, THIS roster set), you can easily change those numbers on each of the 3 files to the proper one. Then install with TiT.

That is all.

Does anyone have the instructions on how to manually install the MVP Mod 12 patch #1 and #2? Since I am running W8 I can't use the TiT program from what I have read on the forums. Or does someone know how to get the TiT to work? When I open it up it is just a notepad with 3/4 lines of text.

Try moving your MVP folder into your main directory (C:/ or whatever your main drive is), I was having the same problem and that fixed it for me.

I've tried that, but when I go to play it says I need DirectX. I have DX11. I just manually installed them instead.

hey guys, I was able to install this roster successfully in mvp caribe 2013. however, I cannot get it to load with mvp 2012. i copied the orignal mvp baseball 2005 folder in program files - easports - and renamed it mvp baseballl 2012. I did a fresh reinstall of mvp 12 to that folder I created. I copied alll of the dat files over to mvp2012 - database - dat files and it will not work. it works just fine in mvp caribe 2013. I also tried a fresh install of mvp 2012 to the main program files and not into the easports folder and that didn't work either.

Yes that's a good idea. Either a middle initial or the player's team would help telling them apart.

BTW, I noticed the following players had different photo IDs in your roster and on the ID list:

-etc etc

Thanks again...... all of your changes were incorporated into the final roster that will be in the TC 13 mod. This is exactly the kind of feedback that's been wanted for a long time.

Thanks again...... all of your changes were incorporated into the final roster that will be in the TC 13 mod. This is exactly the kind of feedback that's been wanted for a long time.

No problem. I'll probably find some more eventually. Here are a few corrections (most of which involve recently moved players):

-Henry Blanco (SEA) is #33

-Scott Feldman (BAL) is #34

-Kevin Gausman (BAL) is mostly a SP (5 of his 9 games pitched this year are starts (although the last 4 were in relief) and 9 of his 10 appearances in AAA are starts)

-Brian Bogusevic (CHC) is #47

-Matt Guerrier (CHC) is #51

-Pedro Strop (CHC) is #46

-Ryan Sweeney (CHC) is #6

-Not sure if you want to make him a SP but Carlos Villanueva (CHC) has 10 starts and 16 relief appearances this season. He was recently moved back into the rotation.

-Edgar Gonzalez (HOU) is #31

I submitted the final version that will go into the TC 13 mod yesterday evening, so any other possible tweaks/adjustments will have to come in the next version.

As far as moving guys between minor league squads, it's just impossible to keep up with all the moves and between roster versions they can always move up and down. The primary concerns are: 1) is the player somewhere within the organization and 2) at the time of release of a roster version, are the lineups in keeping with Baseball Prospectus (formerly MLBDepthCharts), unless the roster is not reflecting current injuries.

As far as reflecting what's going on this year as compared to last year, it depends on what BP is showing. And if a guy is labeled a LRP, he'll get a SP label for the game.

Thanks guys for the updates.

Has anyone successfully played a season with the rosters? Whenever I start a season, I get a message saying MVP2005 stopped working right before playing my first game. I assume it isn't any of the game files because I can start an exhibition game using the same setup (same stadium, uniforms, etc.). Are there any known issues with season play? Thanks to anyone who can help!

Wait until the roster patch is out later. It may have been the Stone Crabs having only 9 fielders. Not sure. But the tests I ran with injuries/suspensions on prior to submitting it for the TC 13 mod were all successful.

I installed MVP13 so I'll check this out and see if it still crashes, hopefully not. By the way,. here's another correction:

-Melky Cabrera's speed should be way less than 82. He's slow as molasses...probably one of the slowest baserunners I've ever seen :)