Proper Batting Stances/Pitching Deliveries

cubsfaninfla

sorry if this was said because i dont feel like reading 10 pages

bonds has a simple stance and the controversy is over...bonds stance is generic......its a simple bonds stanxe and the bat wiggles.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone working on prospects? I know there's not as much media on them, but I've taped a couple games and I think I have Jeff Francoeur down of the Braves.

ATL Jeff Francoeur: Piazza

Here's a few pictures below. I basically played games with him using a bunch of stances and using replay, thought Piazza had his hands and knees perfectly. Maybe a little wider in real life, but pretty accurate.

http://www.bravesbeat.com/photos/stoner/francoeurds4l.jpg

http://www.bravesbeat.com/photos/walker/francoeurbw3l.jpg

I'd like to get Andy Marte but haven't seen him, and the best hitters in the Top 100 really. Anyone interested or able to help?

All these are Angels:

Hitters

Cabrera: Renteria

Erstad: Fullmer

Figgens: Classic 3

Kennedy: Klesko

Kotchman: C. Jones

McPherson: Walker

B. Molina: A-Rod

Quinlan: Boone

DaVanon: Delgado

Rivera: Beltre

Pitchers

Byrd: Bob Gibson

Colon: Oswalt isn't perfect, but it's closer than Lowe

Escobar: Style 8

Shields: Rivera

Donnelly (Barcik): Schmidt

Gregg: Style 5

I was watching the Sox and Yanks today and got another good one.

BOS Dustin Pedroia: C. Jones

I used this stance with Eckstein since they're both undersized middle infielders and it looks great. Pedroia steps in the bucket just about every swing, which is tough to emulate in MVP. Crouched may work too, but I like the bat motion Chipper has for Pedroia. Plus, the slightly open stance works since he's always pulling out on the ball.

paul byrd's should be changed to satchel paige, if you ever watch byrd, he has a throwback motion to his devlirey, like old times.

ANA Paul Byrd: Classic 3

Satchel is too busy. Byrd swings his arm to the glove once, goes over his head and throws fairly normal after that. Classic 3 is just that with an extra motion to the glove before he begins his motion. Throwback for sure, but Classic 3 is perfect for him.

TB Carl Crawford: C. Jones

Very long base, slightly open and bent with a lot of bat motion. EA has him with Lofton, which is not open, too straight up and down with very little upper body movement. I was thinking Kaz Matsui at first, until watching the two movies under multimedia at the link below. His hands are a little lower than Kaz has them.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player....layer_id=408307

I know both of these guys vary, but this is who I'm using for Varitek and Millar.

BOS Varitek: Klesko, J. Gonzalez

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player....layer_id=123660

Pause the video of his triple midway and watch him in MVP on replay...I think Klesko is the best. Juan Gone is cool too, but his bat motion is a little extreme for some, as is the leg kick.

BOS Millar: Helton, Sheffield

Millar is barely bent in the knee with his hands high and his wrists causing the bat to come forward rythmically...just not as rapid and often as Sheffield does it.

Has anyone ever thought of doing a "body type" edit thread?

I can think of a couple off the top of my head...

Schilling --> stocky big chest

Clemens --> athletic big legs

I can't stand watching some of these guys out there that look like they have a huge beer gut. All of these need to be done w/ MVPedit of course!

If anyone else has any just throw 'em up here or maybe start a new sticky for these if there is enough of a response!!

alright, ima red sox fan and these are the stances i used last year and this:

damon - luis gonzalez

mueller - ordonez

millar - guererro

varitek - sierra

mirabelli - beltre

bellhorn - generic

nixon - reggie jackson

youkilis - pujols

ramirez/ortiz with own stances.

Archived