Sweetest Swings Of All Time

JoeRudi26

Don Mattingly had the most beautiful follow-through swing. Olerud and Griffey were pretty sweet also, but Mattingly's was just a treat to watch (while it lasted).

Whoever said Youkilous- lol...his stance is crazier than John Kruk's.

It was me. It was obviously a joke. Even for someone who never played baseball like me, that swing looks weird as hell.

Good Lord. Been watching the Will Clark Tribute vid. You only have about .08 of a second to see the pitch. Watch how he keeps his legs square, feet planted, but from the waist up, and his head (eyes) are able to zone in on the pitch. He lowers the upper half of his body to meet the pitch.

Just crazy. One of the best follow through swings I've ever seen.

you have to be a freak of nature to even remotely survive with that swing. the trajectory of that upper cut allows for no mistake.....not even a nanosecond!!!! A level swing is always the way to go for 99.99999997 percent of us. A level swing thru the zone eliminates 1/3 of the variables involved in hitting.... That being said. He's my 3rd favorite stroke...lol behind Will the thrill Clark and "DAARRRRYYYYLLLL"

Lefties:

Ken Griffey Jr.

Robinson Cano.

Rafael Palmeiro

Darryl Strawberry

Tony Gwynn

Barry Bonds

Mark Grace

Joe Mauer

Righties:

Edgar Martinez

Manny Ramirez

Alex Rodriguez

Miguel Cabrera

Derek Jeter

Gary Sheffield

Mike Piazza

and though he didn't hit well often, when he did it was nice...Troy Glaus.

As i've stated earlier in the thread, I don't personally see it from right handed batters. Don't know why, and again, it may be just a preference thing -- how I see it.

That said, Palmiero had a sweet swing too. I guess for me it's the way the body reacts through the zone when hitting the pitch. Hips square, back leg stays planted, head and eyes meet the pitch, and the upper half of the body follows through. Interesting how we all see things a bit different.

:)

After watching the highlight yesterday, when he makes power contact on the ball and sends it over the wall, Prince Fielder, lol, but once again, another lefty.

Agree, Sean, he's got a nice swing too. I looked up the 25 Sweetest Swings of All Time, and Junior was #1. Clark was #12, but Strawberry wasn't even mentioned. Tony Gwyinn was #2.

Interesting.