Sweetest Swings Of All Time

JoeRudi26

I honestly can't think of a RH batter that had one. Seems like they were always lefties IMO. Like I said, maybe just a preference thing.

Thought the same thing too ... gee, they're naming all lefties ... and the funny thing is when you mention a silky swing I tell people "Don Mattingly has the lefty swing I've ever seen."

Chase Utley also has that effortless look, esp. when he goes down to get one low in the zone.

It's also interesting to think about players that had a "hitch" in their swing, whatever it may have been. Joe Morgan with the arm flap, Willie Stargill with that round house warm up swing, and Matt Williams used to rub his face with his shoulder every time he got ready for a pitch.

Very interesting stuff.

Oh, and Nomar. Good grief who could forget about those hitches. :)

Nomar singlehandedly (no pun intended) caused the average completion time for a game to increase due to his habit of stepping out of the batter's box after every pitch and adjusting the velcro on each batting glove 5 or 6 times!

Nomar singlehandedly (no pun intended) caused the average completion time for a game to increase due to his habit of stepping out of the batter's box after every pitch and adjusting the velcro on each batting glove 5 or 6 times!

I actually think it was some sort of OCD. I remember Larry Walker (who wore #33) said he could only do things in "3's". Strange breed we humans are. :)

Yeah! Everybody does that now, I always wondered why.

I'll never forget the matchup between Al Hrbowsky and George Foster. Foster would step in the box, and Hrbowsky would walk off the mound and talk to the ball. Pissed Foster off, so when Hrbwosky finally got on the mound ready to pitch, Foster would step out of the box. And it went on and on, lol.

Was some of the funniest stuff I've seen.

• 2 weeks later...