New York Yankees Cyberface Pack

scottybilly

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: New York Yankees CyberFace Pack

File Submitter: scottybilly

File Submitted: 13 Mar 2014

File Category: Faces

This is a cyberface pack for the New York Yankees. It contains players currently on the 25-man roster, 40-man roster, as well as minor leaguers with previous big league experience and prospects.

Click here to download this file

thanks, but im ok with how they are personally. I made them with photoshop and could alter them myself if it truly mattered. I don't condone a sports team that doesn't allow its players to be themselves just because brass thinks its bad PR to have beards, long hair, tattoos, etc.

It is a long standing practice of the Yankees, though it is not set in stone. Some players over the years have gone against this policy and worn facial hair to their liking. I believe in more recent decades it became more of a tradition instead of a rule.
As for tattoos, if you remember as recently as 2011, the Yankees had the misfortune of having AJ Burnett pitching for them every 5 days, and his tattoos were very visible, so I am not exactly sure of what the policy regarding that is.

Like I said, nowadays I believe it is more a tradition, embraced by most of the new Yankees, than an actual rule.

That being said - and I am by no means criticizing your valuable work - If you were going for accuarcy you should have removed the beards, though I completely understand why you didn't.

PS: If the Yankees were actually worried about PR they should have cut A-Rod years ago.

It is a long standing practice of the Yankees, though it is not set in stone. Some players over the years have gone against this policy and worn facial hair to their liking. I believe in more recent decades it became more of a tradition instead of a rule.

No Sabugo, it is set in stone. On the Yankees you can't have a beard but a mustache is allowed. Ron Guidry for instance had one his entire career. Also your hair must be a certain length too and trimmed. That's just how they do it.

As for tattoos, if you remember as recently as 2011, the Yankees had the misfortune of having AJ Burnett pitching for them every 5 days, and his tattoos were very visible, so I am not exactly sure of what the policy regarding that is.

I don't if you had access to the YES Network but when Burnett was pitching they never showed a close-up of his arms. You know how sometimes they have the camera on a pitcher to show his grip on the ball? Never with Burnett. That was partly because of his tattooed arms and partly because they knew as soon as he threw the ball he'd be giving up another hit and the camera would be on the opposing team running around the bases.

That being said - and I am by no means criticizing your valuable work - If you were going for accuarcy you should have removed the beards, though I completely understand why you didn't.

I won't either because the way I see it this is a mod that I will never use because I don't have 2k12. I like Mvp too much to try this game out. However I think that when a mod is made it should be as accurate as possible. I mean if I was a stadium modder and I was updating Wrigley Field for example I would try to make it look like Wrigley as much as possible. I wouldn't get rid of the ivy and in place of it plaster advertisements for my website on the walls instead. That's not the real Wrigley Field. :unknw:

Thank you for your wisdom Y4L. I really thought it had gotten more relaxed recently.

I wasn't aware of that fact with YES Network. I watched games on ESPN America, both home and away, and I never noticed that.

That's it then. ESPN has a different camera crew and they are not under the orders of the management of the Yankees.