Pat Venditte

btl614

The game is not programmed for switch pitching.... only switch hitting. You'd have to make 2 separate players. Plus, does he throw the same pitches ambidextriously?

(I'd give my left arm to be ambidextriuos!!)

All the more reason why you'd have to make two players. But you really can't utilize him as he might play in the game with his special glove and the ability to make one shift during an AB. He's an anomoly. Pretty amazing ability though.

Im pretty sure he does, but has different release point for both arms. But he throws with more velocity with one arm i think.

He features more of a side-arm delivery when pitching left handed, and you're right about the velocity - it is higher from the right side. I actually saw him pitch in person last week and was able to grab some slow-motion video of him pitching from both sides. I've uploaded it here in case anyone is interested - unfortunately the resolution isn't that great but that is the camera's tradeoff when recording in slow motion.

He played against my son in high school, at the time he was a pretty good right handed pitcher and average lefty. When he was in college he improved a lot. My son had one teammate that was a switch hitter and kept switching just to mess with him. he stepped in, Venditte switched hands, he moved across to the other box.. this went on for about 3 or 4 switches without a pitch being thrown, Finally the ump threw up his hands and made him pick a hand to pitch with for the at bat and stick with that.

He played against my son in high school, at the time he was a pretty good right handed pitcher and average lefty. When he was in college he improved a lot. My son had one teammate that was a switch hitter and kept switching just to mess with him. he stepped in, Venditte switched hands, he moved across to the other box.. this went on for about 3 or 4 switches without a pitch being thrown, Finally the ump threw up his hands and made him pick a hand to pitch with for the at bat and stick with that.

I'd have told the batter to pick the left or right side of his head because that is where the next pitch was headed to.