How To Download?

SniperCentral

I had time and checked. MLB2k12 can't be downloaded from Amazon and they have a message that says We don't know when or if this item will be available again.

You can buy the DVD of the game from Amazon but it is being sold for $175.

2K11 can be purchased for less than fifty dollars but you can not use the mod you are trying to get for 2k11. That was made for 2k12.

Yeah, Bummer... I download mlb 2k12 from steam last year sometime. But it is no longer available there either. Sorry dude... I actually got my copy of MVP Baseball 2005 in 2007 or 2008, and it cost me $35.00 of ebay. I remember at the time thinking that it was a bit much for a few year old sports game... MAN was I wrong, worth every penny. If you see MLB05 on for anything less than $50... pick that sucker up fast... worth every penny.

As for mlb 2k12 or 13... I don't know, I really like the pitching mechanics, and 2k12 is by far better because of this very website, but to each their own as to how much one would be willing to pay for it. I got for $24.99 of steam last year sometime. So I would pay that I guess :-)

Im not so sure if this is true or not, but I have been wondering about this for some time. Ever since 2K pulled all titles and remnants of 2K12 baseball from circulation, and no longer supports it or has anything at all to do with the franchise. Would this not make the game "abandonware" now ? I mean 175 dollars for a game that last year you could get for 20.... something just seems dodgey about that now. They wanted nothing to do with it again. I tried to get help with an issue and they gave me the old heave ho. So seriously, they say "you cant have your cake, and eat it too" so which way is it ? If it is "abdonware" then it should become a free download. If it isnt and they still expect revenue from it, then they had better support it should they not?

What do you guys thing about that ?

I think partly the reason for someone attempting to sell that game for $175 is because of this website. They know that all you have to do is come here for the mods and your investment pays for itself.

I'm sure a lot of the long time people in here will remember when someone on Amazon was trying to sell a brand new copy of Mvp 2005 for $250. I'm not kidding you. We had a good laugh at that one. And it was because of the same reason. You come here to get mods for these games and it is supposed to make the outrageous price for the game seem more reasonable.

As for abandonware I don't know if 2k12 can be included in that category. I looked up abandonware on Wikipedia and it gave a very interesting answer. It said abandonware is "software ignored by its owner and manufacturer, and for which no product support is available. Although such software is usually still under copyright the owner may not be tracking or enforcing copyright violations."

The way I see it that's the little catch in all this. Sure 2k sports said they wanted nothing to do with this game anymore and won't help you even if you begged. But we don't know if they are enforcing their copyright on this game. My guess is they still are. Same for EA Sports with Mvp 2005.

Interesting to say the least, im glad I got the attention here on this topic, because It did cross my mind a time or two in the last few months. As a long time "Amiga" computer owner and game player, I have been down this road over the years.

Incidently, I had a quick boo on the internet as well these last few minutes. Now please !! "I AM NOT" posting anything for purpose or otherwise, this is just for conversation stimulation. But there is a reputable website right this minute that has a free download of this heres truly, and there isnt any mention of payment, or keys, nothing.... and dig this, it became available two months ago !

p.s. All my stuff was bought way back from steam, so im not interested in downloading

Brainy

funny thing is that with the way they are treating it by not providing any support, the only way to know if they care about copyrights for it is for someone to do just that and see if they respond.

Maybe so but at the same time I'll let someone else try this because I don't want 2k's lawyers knocking on my door.

"software ignored by its owner and manufacturer, and for which no product support is available."

That's a pretty realistic assessment of how 2KSports treated the game.

Yeah but they were like that on the same day their game was released. :D

Hi, I have a problem with MLB 2k....

Sorry, wrong number!