Game Crashing In Total Conversion 2005 Mod

coatesishere

Hi, my friend showed me this site a few days ago after we were talking about old baseball/football games etc. I've had MVP 2005 for PC for a long time now but never used it since I had the ps2 version when i was younger.

I installed and played around with the game with no problems. Then I put in the total conversion 2005 mod and drafted a team with a friend. It worked fine until about the third game. Now if I simulate/manage simulate or play or w/e, the game just black screens and crashes to desktop with the "mvp 2005 has stopped working" message.

Not sure if any of this is commonplace or an easy fix that has to do with the mods or not, but I'm looking for help if there's any information out there

Thanks for reading, the mods seem pretty insane :>

Exactly what mod are you talking about.? There is no "Total Conversion 2005" mod.

Sorry I meant the total classics one:

'&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Assuming you mean the latest TC mod, read through and/or search this thread: '&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

That looks to be for the other mod I was intending to try, sorry for not being clear. I'll look through that thread though since it might have the same issue I have. Thanks :D

Ended up fresh installing the classics again and still had the same issue. Tried MVP 14 and read through that thread for fixes on simulation freezing and other crashes. Did the changes to models.big file and tried 2 older ones as well. Tried to run with/without admin, certain compatibility modes and turned off suspensions/injuries/trades etc. Did with/without fantasy draft. Nothing seems to fix it

Am running WIN 7 64bit, used the original cds to install the game.

Still crashes on April 20th of the Owner mode. Tested a normal season and was able to simulate through it (both usings SF giants with all the normal things turned off from that other thread)

edit: as well as in game like when playing with the giants in their stadium (did read about the matt cain CF thing etc)

Edited by coatesishere

When you installed Total Classics, did you install it for dynasty play? I believe I put an option in the installer for that. If you install for non-dynasty play, all 120 teams display player stats during the game, however, all 120 team are considered major league teams. The schedule only includes the 30 teams in the major league slots, so if you try to play a dynasty with a team in a minor league slot, the game will crash. If you install for dynasty play, the teams in the minor league slots won't show player stats but playing a dynasty will not cause the game to crash. I think this Is explained in the installation instructions I included with the mod.

For some teams it does, like the giants in the 2014 mod. Not every team crashes though. I was trying to get different cfs off an older mod but after downloading ones like the 2012 or 2008 mod I couldn't figure how to just get certain files from it. I stopped trying the classics mod because I couldn't figure what was causing the freezing so I've just been trying the mvp 2014 one