This might help stuttering graphics (Thommo)

BudHawk

Thommo made a comment in another thread that solved my graphic stuttering. I have a high end machine and now have smooth play.

Thommo's suggestion:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You probably tried everything already but what worked for me in last year's game (I haven't got 2005 yet either) was the program 'Rivatuner' that allowed me to underclock the graphics card. I found the game ran perfectly smoothly at 351Mhz/209Mhz (core clock)/(memoryclock)

Even though Rivatuner is not designed for my graphics card it will work 'low-level' over/underclocking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started with the clocking above and noticed immediate improvment. I then reduced a couple more increments and now have smooth play including 3rd to 1st base throws.

Thanks Thommo!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of a newbie, but I noticed right away that the studdering wasn't because of a problem with my computer, but it's TOO FAST. Like people have mentioned, the screen goes faster than the ball and players causing them to studder. What helped me was to go to your desktop, right click, then go to properties, Settings tab, click advance button. Then Click on the tab representing your video card and screw around with the settings, turn them down a little. Now i have great graphics, silky smooth play, and all the mods. Life is good.

All of this tinkering for this game is getting past the point of being ridiculous. If MVP was the only game I played, I probably wouldn't be so pissed, but I play quite a few different games that underclocking would kill. What the heck was EA thinking when they put this steaming pile out to market. I truly enjoy the game....until the ball has to be thrown.

ez

ez

i am trying to use Rad Linker to underclock my card. Does anyone know exactly what I need to do?

I went in and clicked enable clock change and moved it down then clicked ok. i went into the game and it looked the same as far as stuttering. then i came back and the clock was back up to 500. any help would be appreciated.

Didnt help me at all. I have a flashed x800 pro with the 16 pipes open. I underclocked (Radlinker) to 375/350 and 275/300 with absolutley no improvement. I even left the AA and AF on (4X/16X).

I was really hoping this would work.

My old system: AMD 3200+ XP/NV Ti4200 played MVP 2004 with very minimal studder (if any). My current rig: AMD 64 FX-51/X800 Pro with dual raid 0 SATA WD Raptors (10K) is just too fast for this game I guess.

What a crock.

i am trying to use Rad Linker to underclock my card. Does anyone know exactly what I need to do

You just right click on the exe and click "create radlink". Use that as your shortcut. You can mess with the clock and other things by right clicking the radlink and clicking properties. The settings you change therein will only apply to MVP.

Stuttering problem is fixed. I put the clock down to 256.5 and memory to 290.5 and the stuttering is gone. Excellent. Guys you should really try this. It does work. I used Radlinker. Back in business.

i had to try it a couple of time to get it right were it should be. so don't give up if it doesn't work the first time. keep turning it down.

All of this tinkering for this game is getting past the point of being ridiculous. If MVP was the only game I played, I probably wouldn't be so pissed, but I play quite a few different games that underclocking would kill. What the heck was EA thinking when they put this steaming pile out to market. I truly enjoy the game....until the ball has to be thrown.

You're right... but with RadLinker, you can create 'profiles' for every game you have. Each profile can be tweaked to certain clock and mem speeds and AA and AF levels. Give it a try. It's a great proggie.

Stuttering problem is fixed. I put the clock down to 256.5 and memory to 290.5 and the stuttering is gone. Excellent. Guys you should really try this. It does work. I used Radlinker. Back in business.

i had to try it a couple of time to get it right were it should be. so don't give up if it doesn't work the first time. keep turning it down.

JPUP: What card are you using? I will give your settings a go and see what happens.

This is a big headshaker.

I did get my studdering to almost go away. I still notice a little bit on some outfield throws and tosses across the diamond but it is much better than before.

I dropped all the way down to 200/250 clocks. I went further down with the core but there was no difference (down to 100) and if I went lower than 250 with the memory, I started getting artifacts. I also bumped my AA up to the max (6x) and noticed it being a little better yet.

This is truley a gameplay engine designed for a console. Never thought you could have too good of a system for a game. Oh well, whatever. As long as it works. God bless Radlinker.

Archived