This might help stuttering graphics (Thommo)

BudHawk

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got a radeon 9200 and i had major stuttering problems with the game

as soon as i put the resolution all the way up in the game it works great

i had it at 800x600 but it works so much better all the way up to 1268x1028 or whatever the damn numbers are

i dont know if that will work for you but its what worked for me

my video card settings are all at the defaults

I did the same thing with the resolution and it worked like a charm for me as well. My only question is, do you find it a bit tough to hit the green area on the pitching meter with it set at this resolution, it seems for me that there is some sort of lag from when I hit the button to stop it and when it actually stops. Let me know if you experienced this as well DR.

I did the same thing with the resolution and it worked like a charm for me as well. My only question is, do you find it a bit tough to hit the green area on the pitching meter with it set at this resolution, it seems for me that there is some sort of lag from when I hit the button to stop it and when it actually stops. Let me know if you experienced this as well DR.

I noticed this too when I underclocked...didn't do it b4...

i'm using the radeon 9250 128mb agp, and so far have found what i think to be the best balance between graphics and less choppy performance. first off i uninstalled omega drivers- i don't know if they like the 9200 or 9250 radeons too much (kept reading my 9250 as a 9200- yet the ati's immediately recognized it as a 9250), then installed the regular ati drivers (newest version). under 3d options in the video card settings i set the following:direct 3d custom settings: AF = 4x (or 8x play with it) helps reduce grass shimmer. AA (smoothvision) = app preferance, wait for vertical synch = always off, monitor refresh rate = 85hz. in game settings vsynch=off, resolution 1024*768*32.

just got the card today, when i first installed i was happy to see i could change game details again, since my last vid card died. but performance was way too choppy. so basically i have messed w/ it all afternoon and evening. this is what i've found so far, gamplay is much smoother now, there's still a little chop, but for the most part it is good to go. i can't really think of too much else to play with as i already tried over/under clocking with the omega drivers and didn't notice a real difference. but i'll keep playing w/ it until or IF they fix this.

ps- leave open gL alone.

DR_ZOIDBER, thanks. i read elsewhere that if i moved my resolution DOWN to whatever x 768 or whatever the option is that that would get rid of my stuh stuh stuttering problems. I moved it UP to what you said and there is consideribly LESS stuh stuh sutttering problems now. There is SOME MINOR lag issues but I may look into them using rambully's guide above. Thuh thuh thank you all.

Franco,

I underclocked the Core to 171 and the memory is 283. Those are the values that are listed.

All of it is moot now since the stupid game won't even start now.....It crashed before it gets to the main screen :evil: I tried uninstalling, re-installing, uninstalling, defrag, and reinstall and it won't start......Any ideas????

The radlinker application has worked pretty well for me, eliminating 90% of the studdering. I have a Radeon 9600 Pro and have it set at 300 Clock and 234 Memory. If I went lower than 300 with the clock setting, I'd run into a lag at the instant an out was made (especially on a throw to first base when the catch is made) and the frames/sec would drop to the high teens/low 20s range. However I have another question. If my memory is set much higher than 234, I start getting bars of color across the screen during gameplay, presumeable from using too much memory than is actually available. However the 9600 Pro is suppose to have a memory of 600 DDR, which I think means 300 as the setting in Radlinker (not positive of this), but I can't set the memory anywhere close to 300 w/o experiencing problems. Anyone have any thoughts.

well, apparantly they are starting to "realize" that there is an "issue". just read another thread where they finally sent an email back to someone saying they are noticing chop in "some" video cards. and that they are "looking" into it to get it resolved. it will get fixed i imagine. but, it won't be tomorrow.

Archived