This might help stuttering graphics (Thommo)

BudHawk

Here's a suggesttion if u have a radeon:

Go to the advaned menu in properties and settings, and go to 3D. There you can change whether you want higher quality or higher performace. To remove the chopiness you can change it to high performance. Quality difference is unnoticable. But i have an ATI radeon 9250 so i dont know about the rest of u.

When i played the game it was smooth as i had ever seen it.

Ari.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this could be good for me. I've been looking to buy a new graphics card, thinking that MVP wouldn't run very well with it, but seeing all of the problems you guys are having...I might be lucky.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 [Display adapter].....do you guys think it will run smoothly?

I will need someone to give me a hand getting started so I can actually play this game. I currently have the RivaTuner program downloaded and ready to go but not sure how to set individual settings for each game I will be playing.

It's not easy to walk you through it but this might help you .. the guy uses Rivatuner to overclock.

http://www.sysopt.com/articles/VCOGuide/

Follow the instructions on there but when adjusting the sliders go down instead of up.

One point to note to use 'low-level' underclocking (which worked for me) use the 'customise' button listed just under your video card and not the one below the driver.

Try out values about 10% less than default to start with (mine are 351 / 209 but that suits my machine) and uncheck the box to start the clocking at windows startup so that if anything goes wrong just shut down.

You don't need to worry about setting up a preset to launch MVP until you get a setting that works.. then you do it in the 'launcher window.

Thanks very much, hopefully this will help me the same way it seems to be helping others. One other question for you, how do you figure out the stock speeds for your video card? I have looked through everything to do with my ATI card but nothing seems to pop up so I must not be looking in the right place.

this could be good for me. I've been looking to buy a new graphics card, thinking that MVP wouldn't run very well with it, but seeing all of the problems you guys are having...I might be lucky.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 [Display adapter].....do you guys think it will run smoothly?

Post the rest of your system specs (if you haven't already) and I'll compare to what I am running here (with the same card)....

Thanks very much, hopefully this will help me the same way it seems to be helping others. One other question for you, how do you figure out the stock speeds for your video card?

When you start up Rivatuner it auto-detects your default settings for you and these are saved within the program so that you can return to them at the click of a button.

I was wondering if someone could help me with this. First is anyone using these with LC's uniform update because thats when my stuttering started. Second how do I use this just for MVP. I am right clicking the exe and finding nothing relating to this program. Any help. Thanks so much!

Could someone help me with my choppyness, my specs are:

Windows XP

ASUS P4P800 Motherboard

40GB Hard drive space

Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ

512 MB RAM

ATI Radeon 9600

your specs are a lot like mine. look on page 3 for instructions on how to use radlinker.

btw, i have just been messing around with Radlinker while using fraps. As long as you can keep the FPS below 30 then you will not see the choppiness. The way I have radlinker set right now:

Clock 207

Memory 297

The only time that I will see stuttering is when the FPS goes beyond 35 or so. If EA could put a cap on the Framerate at 30, the stuttering would go away completely. I am not aware is there is a program to cap your own framerates, but this would greatly help. I think I have found a good clock rate until EA patches the problem, if they do.

I noticed this last night too. I cranked up my AA and AF all the way, set everything to high detail , monitor at 1280X1024@60hz (cheap monitor) with a 6800LE and was getting right around 30fps in most parts. The stuttering wasn't happening nearly as much as it was running at 60fps. Looks like i'll have to live with 30fps till they fix it. I wish there was a way to uncap the framerate like you can for doomIII. I bet that would help the high end pc's bigtime.

Well thanks guys! I got most of the choppiness gone and the stuttering is tolerable. Right now i have it set at 202/283. I updated my 9700 video card and that helped a bit too. The stuttering happens when my framerate is in the teens. when it gets in the mid 20's its not bad at all. The weird thing is when i'm batting i get much better framerates (mid/upper 20's) than when i'm pitching (mid/upper teens')

Any suggestions???

3.1 ghz w H/T

512 mb

128 video.

The core or the memory??

I tried turning them both down low (pretty much 0) and it turned my video into a bunch of vertical lines of brown

core, you probably aren't going to have to mess with the memory. i originally turned my memory down, but then I turned it back up and saw no difference. actually it was better with it turned up to my default settings.

put the core clock rate at about 207 and see what you get. right now mine is at 207 and my memory is 297.

Archived