This might help stuttering graphics (Thommo)

BudHawk

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Radeon AIW 9800 Pro and I can't reduce the memory below 290 without creating artifacts that I have to reboot to recover from. That being said, settings of 200 core with ~290 memory help somewhat on my machine, but the stuttering is still very apparent. After the last patch MVP2004 was silky smooth on my machine.

This reminds me a lot of every High Heat release - limping along for weeks waiting for a patch before starting a dynasty.

I wonder if the addition of hi res mods will help?? If so, then we may have a game that can be modded extensively and play smooth. Remember that we may not have this game after this year, this "bug" could give the game more life. :roll:

By the way, if you are having shimmering issues on a Radeon, upping the AF to 8X eliminated it for me on my 9800 Pro.

Going to go try the underclock now.(fingers crossed).

I am thinking if we could zoom the cameras out further on infield play that might help too by smoothing out the panning.

It seemed to work better that way in 2k4.

anyone getting any response from EA on this issue? i'm thinking that since the consolers are happy this year with no lefty bug and better graphics we may not see a fix for the pc. i've heard nothing from EA myself on this issue, doubt it'll be acknowledged when it was deemed fixed in pre-releae interviews.

anyone getting any response from EA on this issue? i'm thinking that since the consolers are happy this year with no lefty bug and better graphics we may not see a fix for the pc. i've heard nothing from EA myself on this issue, doubt it'll be acknowledged when it was deemed fixed in pre-releae interviews.

we will see a patch sometime after opening day. I am just wondering where there roster d/l they promised is. They have one for XBOX but nothing for the PC.

do you have to run each setup file that is in the radlinker and radclocker folders, or just the radlinker setup.exe? Also how do you create custom shortcuts for different games.

go to the mvp2005.exe and right click after you have radlinker installed. It will create another mvp logo in that folder. right click on the new logo and change you numbers under clock rate. you can then copy and paste that logo onto your desktop for easy access.

I ended up turning mine down even more than I previously posted.

Clock Rate:

Core 216.0

Memory 290.25

Remember to keep trying if it doesn't do it the first time. It took me 2 or 3 times to get the game acceptable. I will probably still work on it some. This will only affect MVP 2005. All of your other games or media will play the same as before. You can create one for each game if you so choose.

Good Luck.

Glad to hear my suggestion has helped some people at least.

To those asking about Nvidea cards - the program I use (as I said) is Rivatuner which was specifically designed for Nvidea cards - but it can be used for any card I believe using 'low-level' hardware clocking .. I'm using it on a Radeon 9600Pro.

Rivatuner will warn you if the clock frequencies you choose will damage your card but damage to cards caused by clocking them is because of overheating which can't happen when slowing it down.

As already said too the program can be set just to launch the applications you want at the speed you want. So if you only use it for MVP then set it that way.

I wouldn't hold out much hope of EA fixing this really as any patch they make for the timing of the game (unless it's a standalone patch) will break the game for others?? Remembering last year some folks were helped by one of the patches but most weren't.

Hi Thommo,

I was one of your testers for your (and JohnE) great High Heat Supertask mod.

Your suggestion has worked great for me. I also did the underclocking on my

neighbors and his MVP game runs great now.

Bud

Thanks for the info and the link. I've installed RivaTuner and am trying to set up a Menu Item to launch MVP 2005 but the box for low-level overclocking is grayed out and says "Low-level overclocking is not supported for this device".

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there another way to achieve low-level overclocking?

I have a GeForce 6800 Ultra.

Well this certainly looks promising but I havent a clue as to how to do this. Someone earlier stated to right click on the mvp.exe file but when I do that it doesnt pop a duplicate MVP icon in that folder, no clue where it is or how to get that to work. I would really like to give this a try, but considering I am basically computer illiterate when it comes to programs like this, I will need someone to give me a hand getting started so I can actually play this game. I currently have the RivaTuner program downloaded and ready to go but not sure how to set individual settings for each game I will be playing.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there another way to achieve low-level overclocking?

I have a GeForce 6800 Ultra.

On this site scroll a little down the page it shows a screen with sliders for core clock frequency and memory clock frequency using a GF6800GT so that same program should work for you.

http://3dgpu.com/archives/2004/08/09/gefor...00-tweak-guide/

Archived